HELP WITH NORTON!!!!!!!

brellierlegend

brellierlegend

Hi

Getting seriously annoyed with my Norton Antivirus.

I keep getting an attention required message saying that 1 item is affecting my status. When I click on it it says "Your virus protection has not been updated recently." I therefore run a live updates and it finishes by saying I am up to date.

However, I still have the same message appearing.

Any ideas?

Hi

Getting seriously annoyed with my Norton Antivirus.

I keep getting an attention required message saying that 1 item is affecting my status. When I click on it it says "Your virus protection has not been updated recently." I therefore run a live updates and it finishes by saying I am up to date.

However, I still have the same message appearing.

Any ideas?

How often does the message appear? When you run liveupdate, how long is it before you see the message again?

brellierlegend
How often does the message appear? When you run liveupdate, how long is it before you see the message again?

There is an exclamation mark on my Norton status all the time. Even after I run the update and it says its up to date it is still there.

There is an exclamation mark on my Norton status all the time. Even after I run the update and it says its up to date it is still there.

And does it still say that 1 item is affecting your status, and that your virus protection has not been updated recently?

brellierlegend
And does it still say that 1 item is affecting your status, and that your virus protection has not been updated recently?

Yes mate. Thats exactly whats coming up. Any advice?

Seriously, mate, there's a lot, lot better free alternatives out there than Norton. Norton takes up too many resources thus slows your whole system down and it's a bitch to uninstall. It's like McAfee, just a complete waste of money and effort.

Archived