BBC Alba

Boof

Am I completely havering, did I dream it, did someone post an exclusive on here...but I thought that our game today was going to be shown on the delayed transmission on BBC Alba.

Any help anyone?

Their first game is us against Inversneckie next week. Got a mate at the Beeb and apparently, they can't show any games featuring the OF so us, Hubs or the sheep will be on most weeks.

No OF games?

Surprised the GBC are bothering, in that case.

D'you (or your mate) know the scenario as to how it's gonna work?

Full game shown?

Starting when? i.e. time, not date :)

And any tips on avoiding the score until the game's on :laugh:

So many questions..........1, When does the channel start broadcasting? 2, Will it be on freeview, VirginTV or just Sky? 3, Will it show full matches or just highlights? and 4, Does anyone speak Gaelic on JKB or know someone who can so it can be translated for us mere mortals? Plenty other questions but that'll do for now.

The Real Maroonblood
So many questions..........1, When does the channel start broadcasting? 2, Will it be on freeview, VirginTV or just Sky? 3, Will it show full matches or just highlights? and 4, Does anyone speak Gaelic on JKB or know someone who can so it can be translated for us mere mortals? Plenty other questions but that'll do for now.

See post 5.

BBC Alba are starting to broadcast next week from a flat at lancefield quay, a sort of Studio flat i suppose.

Hearts gave them access all areas during the week to enable filming of Dressing Rooms,tunnel,directors suite etc.

They have also filmed in Diggers & other pubs and spoke to fans about Hearts and memories of bygone days as well as hopes for the future.

The commentaries are in Gaelic but who cares as long as we are watching Hearts winning!!

That's correct, only the commentaries will be in Gaelic and I am sure that any interviews will have gaelic subtitles.

As for the website being only in Gaelic, I am pretty sure you can click for a Beurla/English translation.

I think it's a fantastic service and as our son is in Gaelic medium education he can watch Hearts AND practice his Gaelic. Kills two birds with one stone!

Well done to BBC Alba!

You might even pick some up Yyvone, it's not as hard as it seems.

The best part is that they announced that they would not be showing OF games and pointed out that they were glad to be able to show games that appeal to a wide range of supporters and also benefit peoples local teams!

Considering the stranglehold that the Old Squirm have up here, it's great that adults AND children will have the chance to see other teams, some far more accessible and perhaps decide to follow someone they actually have a chance of seeing live and up close one day. It can only be a good thing in our opinion!

(now off to listen to Hearts on the computer and watch the Camanachd Cup on the telly, it's a full day today!:))

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
You might even pick some up Yyvone, it's not as hard as it seems.

The best part is that they announced that they would not be showing OF games and pointed out that they were glad to be able to show games that appeal to a wide range of supporters and also benefit peoples local teams!

Considering the stranglehold that the Old Squirm have up here, it's great that adults AND children will have the chance to see other teams, some far more accessible and perhaps decide to follow someone they actually have a chance of seeing live and up close one day. It can only be a good thing in our opinion!

(now off to listen to Hearts on the computer and watch the Camanachd Cup on the telly, it's a full day today!:))

Great to hear. I didn't know any of that. Well done BBC.

Not sure how this sits with the 'mafia', 'GFA', west coast meejia school of thought though!:cool:

Great to hear. I didn't know any of that. Well done BBC.

Not sure how this sits with the 'mafia', 'GFA', west coast meejia school of thought though!:cool:

Hopefully it sticks in their craw! :thumb:

Archived