looking for a dog...

droid

on the hunt for a family dog preferably a pup(previous dog died after 18 years about 5 years ago...which took a lot to get over:eek:),but the wee mans been asking so thought its probably the right time.

Doctor FinnBarr
on the hunt for a family dog preferably a pup(previous dog died after 18 years about 5 years ago...which took a lot to get over:eek:),but the wee mans been asking so thought its probably the right time.

See Doug, hes dragging 1 out the canal and giving it the kiss of life as I type!

:)

See Doug, hes dragging 1 out the canal and giving it the kiss of life as I type!

:)

lol...just read that just now

Nucky Thompson
Go up to the RSPCA place at Balerno, they have lots of unwanted puppies, just fill in a form and give them a small donation.

Nucky Thompson
There's also the cat and dog home at Seafield.
They seem to have older strays that have been abandoned.

Try the Dogs Trust kennels at West Calder - they've always got a fair number of dogs who need to be re-homed for one reason or another. A mate of mine got a beautiful wee Westie from there two years old - fully pedigreed that had been with an old woman who could not look after him properly - the dog is a real gem. They often have dogs in the kennels who are there because of similar circumstances.

Get one from a dog rescue place and avoid buying one from the internet. There's a scam going around at the moment and people are being conned out of hundreds of pounds. It's folk overseas claiming to be pedigree breaders and folk are sending deposits on dogs they haven't even seen. They're then asked for more money for kennel club reg, transportation costs etc.

Both my labs were rescue dogs and I wouldn't have swapped them for anything.

If i was 'allowed 'a dog i would get a rescue one...

I wouldnt even mind a rescue cat, but the big woos is scared of them :mad:

Archived