Same old Hearts tomorrow?

lambojambo

Same old Hearts - or a new dawn under Shabba tomorrow.

Falkirk are looking for their first points. Will it be 'same old Hearts' and like previous seasons we will be the fall guys?

Or will Shabba grind out another win?

Me? After 40 years of watching Hearts I know which one I expect! :eek:

marshallschunkychicken

Falkirk are looking for their first points. Will it be 'same old Hearts' and like previous seasons we will be the fall guys?

I have a sneaky suspicion that it will be the latter. And then this board will be flooded with hand-wringing and finger-pointing. Same old in all cases really.

I have a feeling we may lose tomorrow. Falkirk are a well set up team and are essentially bottom of the league due to fixtures more than anything.

We lack a bit of cutting edge up front and with Driver and Chesney missing we may find it difficult to get in behind them. Hopefully and extra week of training will mean Nade's close to a decent level of fitness with Glen ready to come on too.

If we have a good start we may be able to close it down, but I worry if we concede first.

Chad Sexington

I was more confident before our injuries...I actually had a wee sneaky feeling Obua might play well tomorrow...but I still think we'll win.

jambos are go!

Lazlo has set a comfortable top 6 finish as his target. Thats what really counts not tomorrows result. Mind you there are plenty on here desperate for failure so they can vent their fatalism rather than support the team.

Lazlo has set a comfortable top 6 finish as his target. Thats what really counts not tomorrows result. Mind you there are plenty on here desperate for failure so they can vent their fatalism rather than support the team.

Hahaha, talk about covering the bases !

6th or even 5th would see the squad underachieve given what they are up against and Csaba will know that despite his early season belief that improvement from 8th would be a start. We should be securing European football and if we don't the league season will have been a failure.

Chad Sexington

6th or even 5th would see the squad underachieve given what they are up against and Csaba will know that despite his early season belief that improvement from 8th would be a start. We should be securing European football and if we don't the league season will have been a failure.

I agree.

I think Csaba will deliver it too.

:)

I agree.

I think Csaba will deliver it too.

:)

So do I and 6pts in the next 8 days would give us daylight even at this early stage.

I have a feeling we may lose tomorrow. Falkirk are a well set up team and are essentially bottom of the league due to fixtures more than anything.

We lack a bit of cutting edge up front and with Driver and Chesney missing we may find it difficult to get in behind them. Hopefully and extra week of training will mean Nade's close to a decent level of fitness with Glen ready to come on too.

If we have a good start we may be able to close it down, but I worry if we concede first.

Agree totally. Although we do seem to be winning games that last year we may have lost, ie. going one up, then losing a goal, losing confidence and eventually losing the game! Hope we are wrong, this is the exact type of game that we must win.

'Mon The JT's

I think we'll win. Csaba has instilled a new work ethic and spirit in the team.

We are scoring goals from all over the pitch, and I don't think the 3 players mentioned will be TOO big a loss tomorrow. Obua was average at Hamilton and Ches wasn't even quoted.

Miko on one wing, Kingston on the other, we'll be fine.

jambos are go!

I'm not covering the bases I only repeating what the manager has said.

Even if Csaba can't find three points in Falkirk he should be able to reflect that at least it wasn't as bad as May 1993 when we conceded six under Joe Jordan.

WHile that was exceptional Falkirk hasn't been a great destination for Hearts since then either.

We've been 11 times under 9 managers and only won twice, Slightly worse than our record at Parkhead.

01 May 1993 L 6-0 Joe Jordan

01 Oct 1994 L 2-1 Tommy McLean

04 Feb 1995 L 2-0 Tommy McLean

28 Oct 1995 L 2-0 Jim Jefferies

30 Mar 1995 w 0-2 Jim Jefferies

25 Jan 2003 L 4-0 Craig Levein(Cup Tie)

02 Oct 2005 D 2-2 George Burley

25 Mar 2006 W 1-2 Valdas Ivanauskas

13 Nov 2006 D 1-1 Eduard Malofeev

29 Dec 2007 L 2-1 Anatoly Korobochka

05 May 2008 L 2-1 Steven Frail

Even if Csaba can't find three points in Falkirk he should be able to reflect that at least it wasn't as bad as May 1993 when we conceded six under Joe Jordan.

WHile that was exceptional Falkirk hasn't been a great destination for Hearts since then either.

We've been 11 times under 9 managers and only won twice, Slightly worse than our record at Parkhead.

You always come up trumps with the stats, TC. London Hearts will be offering you a job soon. :)

I agree with Jen...Falkirk don't look like a bad side and at this point in the season, league placings aren't all that reliable a benchmark at the best of times. They'll be playing to restore pride and we're notoriously good at giving away points to teams in need. However, I think we can beat them comfortably on a good day and less so on an off day, should we have one. As long as the team are up for it - and I have no doubt that Csaba is saying the right thing to them in that respect - then we should be okay.

I predict a narrow win or at worst, a 2-2 draw...something along those lines anyway.

Jesus these stats really hammer home our lack of stability, we go to Falkirk with our 6th "manager" in less than 3 years, thats woeful. Hope to God Csaba is still in place this time next year, stability is key.

alwaysthereinspirit

:rolleyes:

Would not be devastated with a point tomorrow.

Think we will struggle if I am being honest. We are making small steps forward but still have many big ones to go.

If we beat falkirk tommorow Csaba is due some serious respect. But as another caller said,, "i can't see it "

I know falkirk have had an awful start to the season but they've had some hard fixtures and theyre gonna get some points round about now, i hope its not against us.

The old Brockville was never a really happy hunting ground for us. That said, however, if we are going to challenge for a European place these are the places that you have to go and get a result. I've actually got a feeling that we will take something from tomorrow match - 2-1 to Hearts.

Heart of Midlothian sitting pretty after four games visit Falkirk with zero points after four games - we have to expect a win. Its what the bookies are saying. Its what has to be expected under the new regime.

I'm going for 3-0, all wrapped before the hour mark.

The old Brockville was never a really happy hunting ground for us. That said, however, if we are going to challenge for a European place these are the places that you have to go and get a result. I've actually got a feeling that we will take something from tomorrow match - 2-1 to Hearts.

thats not taking something, thats taking everything!!!!

portobellojambo1

Will be totally happy with a win of any description tomorrow. Got a sneaking suspicion Motherwell might take a couple of points of Celtic as well, and if you can keep pace with one of the OF while staying ahead of the other early doors it all helps.

thats not taking something, thats taking everything!!!!

Taking everything would involve avenging that 6-0 game.

I'd settle for 2-1

(I don't trust our defence to deliver 1-0 yet)

there very much like us at the moment.

play some decent stuff but lack a cutting edge...this ones got no score draw written all over it me thinks.

A team will register their first point(s) of the season and the team they get them against will be in 'crisis'. Oh, and most people will be indifferent about Lee Whatshisname, elbows 'n' heids being hated by Scotland or 'the nation'. FTH....

siegementality

Despite our pesh poor record against Falkirk, which quite frankly is embarrassing, I am still reasonably confident of getting a result.

The failure to sign a goalscorer during the transfer window will come back to bite us, I have no doubt about that. I am not convinced that Csaba was/is happy with the striking options available to him, every manager wants a regular goalscorer in their team, we, IMO don't have one, how can he be happy about that. That is why I am not entirely convinced regarding him, he says all the right things (in the Policeman from 'ello, 'ello type of way!) and seems a good motivator. Unfortunately I think he is motivating some players he is lumbered with rather than the ones he would want.

I thought that before the Hamilton game that 4 points from the next two away games would be a good effort.

Therefore i would not be dissapointed with a share of the spoils.

I would go for a 1-1 draw.

winston churchill

i am going for an away win 1-2

we will be two up and coasting .........until they score in the last ten minutes then it will be the usual nail bitting stuff.

siegementality

Same old Hearts it would appear.

siegementality
Yep, some things never change nevermind who is in charge.

Fecked off about it regardless of what our previous record against Falkirk is like. Just because we have been pesh against them in the past doesn't, and shouldn't, make this result any better.

The lack of a goalscorer, which anyone who had a half a brain could see we needed, will see us having another long hard season.

30 Mar 1995 W 0-2 Jim Jefferies

14 Sep 2008 L 2-1 Csaba Laszlo

That's W 2, D 2, L8 for our last 12 games.

Played 13, Lost 9 if you include to the first visit or 92-93

That's startlingly bad against a two bit outfit like Falkirk.

There's already lots of threads asking why it happened yesterday in particular but the question that jumps out to me is why does it keep happening?

Given that Falkirk haven't got a "Derby" as such do they keep their big game performances for the visits of Hearts?

Falkirk v Dunfermline and Falkirk v Hearts are probably the closest thing they have 'derby' matches against top-level teams and a history of hard-fought matches against these teams.

Archived