Underachievers?

Charlie-Brown

I know the club and country I support both have patchy records with great moments also mixed with some despair & rubbish football.

We have some records we can be proud of and better than some others in comparison BUT .....

Historically speaking...

Are Hearts AND Scotland footballing underachievers?

Hearts, no. Not really.

When you see us in the context of Scottish Football we are as you say "better than some others in comparison".

Scotland. Hmm...harder to say. It could be argued that in the past this small footballing nation actually OVER-achieved and so where we are right now is about right.

Hearts, no. Not really.

When you see us in the context of Scottish Football we are as you say "better than some others in comparison".

Scotland. Hmm...harder to say. It could be argued that in the past this small footballing nation actually OVER-achieved and so where we are right now is about right.

Surely

Hearts could have qualified for europe more often, reached more cup finals instead of losing to inferior teams in semi-finals, won more cups?

Scotland could have qualified for more major tournaments, qualified for the second phase of a major tournament?

I think both Scotland AND Hearts have underachieved, Hearts........3rd biggest club in the country with only the oldfirm to beat really, in the 25 years i've been going to Tynie, we've won only 2 trophies out of a possible 75! As for Scotland.........no-one would ever expect us to go to a tournament, either Euro ?? whatever year or a World Cup and win it but, smaller countries than us(or even similar size) have done well, Holland, Denmark are two i can think of at the moment amongst others, so i'd say we've underachieved over the years.

Scotland have really only underachieved once IMO that was in 1978 WCF when we had our arguably best squad we are ever likely to have.

Qualification should have been a cert and then who knows?

Underachievers? I am not sure.

But they must be two of the most stressful teams to follow. They never do things the easy way.

The have both shaved years off my life!

Doctor FinnBarr
I think both Scotland AND Hearts have underachieved, Hearts........3rd biggest club in the country with only the oldfirm to beat really, in the 25 years i've been going to Tynie, we've won only 2 trophies out of a possible 75! As for Scotland.........no-one would ever expect us to go to a tournament, either Euro ?? whatever year or a World Cup and win it but, smaller countries than us(or even similar size) have done well, Holland, Denmark are two i can think of at the moment amongst others, so i'd say we've underachieved over the years.

Holland smaller! They have a population of more than 16 million.

:eek:

But they must be two of the most stressful teams to follow. They never do things the easy way.

Indeed! :frustrated:

Imagine being an English Hobo then:)

Imagine being an English Hobo then:)

That's easy they're both completely deluded thinking they are world-beaters, better than they are and that they taught the world how to play the game..... ;)

Regardless of externalites (ie the Old Firm). The top club in the capital city of the country should have a far bigger (regular) support and should have won more honours than Hearts have.

So yes, I'd say the club has underachieved to date.

Archived