Falkirk Boozer

DaveyT

Anyone giong to a Boozer in Falkirk to watch Liverpool/Man U or Motherwell/Celtic on the box before the game ?

If so, where is a decent pub to watch the footie ?

Anyone giong to a Boozer in Falkirk to watch Liverpool/Man U or Motherwell/Celtic on the box before the game ?

Can not remembr the name, but there is a pub on the corner of the street just as you walk up from Grahamstoun Station which is good. It is on two levels, and not far from teh stadium as you vcan get there in fiv minutes, by taxi, if you are feeling flush as it is just along Grangemouth Road.

I usually go into a pub called the Mill which is juat about 5 mins from the college but its a total dive and really small!!! i dont know any others

I usually go into a pub called the Mill which is juat about 5 mins from the college but its a total dive and really small!!! i dont know any others

Avoid that hellhole at all costs.There is a new sportsbar opened up.If not there the Graham hotel will show a game.Turn left from Grahamston stationthen a walk of 100yds.The Railway inn across from Grahamston station use to show games as well,not sure now.Get a taxi for 5 notes max to the ground.

You could always try the new Sportsters.....plenty of big screens to watch EPL before the game. Used to be the old Cinema (opposite Rosies)

Last time I was there I went to Pennies. Just up the road next to the indoor market. Rough and ready but friendly enough with a few Jambos there.

You could always try the new Sportsters.....plenty of big screens to watch EPL before the game. Used to be the old Cinema (opposite Rosies)

Do not know if you would get in with colours though.They were really strict a couple of weeks ago with the old firm match.Noticed quite a few folk with Arsenal,Everton,French and England ect gear on and not getting in.Checked for tattoos as well.Plastic tumblers as well.

It is one of those family friendly pubs through the day so your football fan may not be welcome.

Dearest pub in Falkirk.Make sure you have no dodgy tattoos.:)

No, we're all good lads.

Oh well, i'll put with a few expensive pints (aslong as they're nice pints), our return trip on the train from West Calder > Edinburgh > Falkirk is only costing us ?3.70 each :)

is that the one where th brickie died when they were converting it?

The Woodside.

Woodside is more traditional and has many a jambo visiting regularly;). It's just down from the High Station although still quite far away from the stadium.

I'm not sure if match day would be the best because lots of Falkirk fans get bused down from the pub. On the other hand, it could be an opportunity to get a (free) lift for some charming Jambos.

What is the best station to go to (High or Grahamston) or are they both about the same. I'm assuming Falkirk High is best bet for regular service coming back?

No, we're all good lads.

Oh well, i'll put with a few expensive pints (aslong as they're nice pints), our return trip on the train from West Calder > Edinburgh > Falkirk is only costing us ?3.70 each :)

No probs big chap toffs are careless. As long as the soccer is on and the occasional bit of Shareen in view I'll be h-a-p-p-y.

;)

Oh and for the record I'm getting pisitively possed.

What is the best station to go to (High or Grahamston) or are they both about the same. I'm assuming Falkirk High is best bet for regular service coming back?

Grahamston is closest to the ground, 5 mins in a taxi from the ground, High Station has the quickest service home , 20minutes , Grahamston 40 mins to Edinburgh approx. Theres trains every 25-35 mins at each station I think.

Cardiac Rucksack
Avoid that hellhole at all costs.There is a new sportsbar opened up.If not there the Graham hotel will show a game.Turn left from Grahamston stationthen a walk of 100yds.The Railway inn across from Grahamston station use to show games as well,not sure now.Get a taxi for 5 notes max to the ground.

You going to the Station in Larbert before the game Davie?

No probs big chap toffs are careless. As long as the soccer is on and the occasional bit of Shareen in view I'll be h-a-p-p-y.

;)

Oh and for the record I'm getting pisitively possed.

All aboard the party train!!

Just don't be rubbing off on us this time, you know what I mean you slag.

The Woodside is the best pub in Falkirk and its about 1 minute downhill from Falkirk High.

Avoid the Mill Inn at all costs unless you want to encounter Falkirks finest half wits.

BTW a bit expensive but good town centre pub. Right opposite Falkirk Grahamston Station.

Wetherspoons across from the new Sportsters (City Nightclub) for a cheap pint.

Plenty other smaller town centre pubs with none that are particularly troublesome.

Wellinton Bar in Manor Street is a good boozer too. Right in middle of town.

You going to the Station in Larbert before the game Davie?

Aye.Will be there about half 12.

LIKE what

My king Billy okay

No.Suggest the Tam Bain in Laurieston or the Unity Club Redding.:)

Grahamston is closest to the ground, 5 mins in a taxi from the ground, High Station has the quickest service home , 20minutes , Grahamston 40 mins to Edinburgh approx. Theres trains every 25-35 mins at each station I think.

Thanks mate

tam bain is my local and is prob closest boozer to the stadium. Its got a wee bookies right next to it but that mean you sometimes dont ge the football cause all the halfwits are watching the horses!!!

OK folks, Now that I've sussed out the station situation;) Is it fair to assume that going to Falkirk High is best bet for walking distance to some of the bars discussed :cool:

3 best pubs in Falkirk

BTW alehouse my local for my sins dearer than others but than just keeps the bams out

Wheatsheaf ( behind the high street) good real ale pub

Woodside another good ale pub but not really handy for new Falkirk stadium.

Tom Tickets to Falkirk are valid for both stations and Polmont station is almost as close to the ground as either of them

Nucky Thompson
OK folks, Now that I've sussed out the station situation;) Is it fair to assume that going to Falkirk High is best bet for walking distance to some of the bars discussed :cool:
No Tom. Grahamston is the one for the City Centre pubs.

3 best pubs in Falkirk

BTW alehouse my local for my sins dearer than others but than just keeps the bams out

Tom Tickets to Falkirk are valid for both stations and Polmont station is almost as close to the ground as either of them

Cheers Keith

Winston Ingram

Other bonus with the Woodside is that there is a bookie directly opposite for those who like a Saturday bet. Our dismal showing there last time was offset slightly by a 9/2 winner in the bumper at Punchestown.

Need to get a taxi from there to the game though, and God only knows how to walk back. Ground is a nightmare of a place... 25 minute walk before you hit anything approaching civilisation. Say what you like about Brockville, but at least it was handy!

Is that odd Hawaiian boozer still there? Tropics I think it was called. Ended up in there before Scottish Cup rout a few years back. Highlight of day...

3 best pubs in Falkirk

Smiths is next door.They show football.For the folk that like a punt Manor Street is your place.4 boozers and 3 bookies nearby and the taxi rank is just round the corner.

Woodside is more traditional and has many a jambo visiting regularly;). It's just down from the High Station although still quite far away from the stadium.

I'm not sure if match day would be the best because lots of Falkirk fans get bused down from the pub. On the other hand, it could be an opportunity to get a (free) lift for some charming Jambos.

farce-cost me ?1.50-obviously wasnt trying hard enough:rolleyes:

wheatsheaf is my local pub, stay in pleasance gdns so there or the woodside is handy. was in london at the weekend so missed my home game so too speak.:sad:

Archived