XL going bust?

JP1874

Yep just found that out and am booked with them on a flight to Lanzarote next week.

Glad I booked through an agent that was ABTA bonded.

Due to go to Turkey with them 2 weeks today... good news got other flights booked for same day from Edinburgh... bad news cost an extra ?100 each and now travel agent refusing to refund XL flight.:mad:

I have but could take some time and a bit of a fight to get the money! Travel agent have apparently arranged an alternative flight (which are unsuitable) but before I found that out I had booked other seats. At the moment I am over ?1000 out of pocket on flight seats. If travel agent don't refund there'll be nae Christmas at ma hoose!

On the bright side... less than two weeks til i see some sunshine!!!

Due to go to Turkey with them 2 weeks today... good news got other flights booked for same day from Edinburgh... bad news cost an extra ?100 each and now travel agent refusing to refund XL flight.:mad:

just a thought larry but do you have travel insurance as some policies have cancellation up to 5k per trip?

I have but could take some time and a bit of a fight to get the money! Travel agent have apparently arranged an alternative flight (which are unsuitable) but before I found that out I had booked other seats. At the moment I am over ?1000 out of pocket on flight seats. If travel agent don't refund there'll be nae Christmas at ma hoose!

On the bright side... less than two weeks til i see some sunshine!!!

You should get your money back in about 6-8 weeks from a credit card firm.

My girlfriend was in a similar posistion when OASIS went bust, but got the money back fairly quick smart. Just pester them as much as you can.

I am insured but my mate only got herself insured today (doh!). We've checked out the ATOL website it does say we are entitled to a refund, there's also a bit about cancelled flights and unsuitable alternatives also being entitled to a refund.

Our insurance is our last resort if our (nameless (Weegie)) travel agent don't help and ATOL can't help. hopefully we'll have it sorted before it gets to that. Fingers crossed!!!!

Archived