TV Help

Flogel7

I'm looking for help from anyone who is good with TV's. I have a Sony Bravia LCD TV and tonight the picture has packed in. There is still sound coming through and it's nothing to do with the aerial as the TV in the bedroom is working. The TV is only abour 18 months old... ANy help greatly appreciated!!!

Sexton Hardcastle

have you pressed power saving button? on mine, if u press it twice the picture goes by keeps the sound. can u see the menu screen?

Try putting a ps3/dvd on maybe?

I'm looking for help from anyone who is good with TV's. I have a Sony Bravia LCD TV and tonight the picture has packed in. There is still sound coming through and it's nothing to do with the aerial as the TV in the bedroom is working. The TV is only abour 18 months old... ANy help greatly appreciated!!!

I had the same thing happen with another brand of TV (Dell) - TV would turn on, sound was fine, but the picture was black. It was knackered, basically. A little bit of investigation on t'internet revealed the fact that many others had the same problem and the model was faulty.

I phoned Dell and at first, they tried to fob me off, saying my warranty had expired - it was maybe 2 years old. I told them that was irrelevant, as a TV should last longer than 2 years. The guy then immediately agreed to send me another one, which arrived the next day.

I'm going to phone Sony tomorrow and I'm sure I will get all the usual stuff about it being past the 1 year guarentee peroid..... I can't access anything on the TV so can't try changing any of the settings....

Where's the best p,ace to look on the net for any known faulty TV's?

Miller Jambo 60

Check the cables mate a wee push and shove and like a burd your there.

I'm going to phone Sony tomorrow and I'm sure I will get all the usual stuff about it being past the 1 year guarentee peroid..... I can't access anything on the TV so can't try changing any of the settings....

Where's the best p,ace to look on the net for any known faulty TV's?

Don't take any pish about the guarantee - it does not matter. A TV should last longer than a year, and anything sold in the UK has to be fit for purpose.

Type in the model number and words like "faulty", "black screen", "no picture" into google - if others have had the same problem, you are bound to come across it being discussed on one forum or another.

Cheers for the help... Hopefully I get somewhere with Sony tomorrow...

I didn't expect to be having problems like this with a Sony TV after only 18 months....

Cheers for the help... Hopefully I get somewhere with Sony tomorrow...

I didn't expect to be having problems like this with a Sony TV after only 18 months....

It will be a fault. My parents have had a Sony 26 inch T.v for over 10 years, Just needed a few fuse I think. Reliable things

As Doug says, possibly try the SCART.

If its out slightly you will lose some stuff. Saying that, every time I've had it its been the sound thats gone.

Archived