Pre-match music.

jambo19

how come the teams never come out to ac/dc or the ramones.In the 05/06 season those songs always got the crowd going when the teams came out the tunnel with highway to hell playing and at the start of the second half we never have the scarf twirly as that tunes never played as well.

also no more fireworks for games like old-firm or hobos.

why dont we get them back, the attendances are only 12-14k and would be good to get the crowd going again. i think its too quiet before some games until "lets make some noise" and then silence again.

totally agree with you guys there, atmosphere has gone down season after season.

i believe scott plays the tracks he enjoys, although they seem to be the same week in week out...bit boring

Scott is a top bloke and does a pretty good job IMO. Drop him an e-mail at Hearts or a PM here - he always responds and will most likely play you a request at the very least !

Great thread, great shout for some AC/DC!!

I've seen Scotty's play list and there is a dearth of some decent 70's rock!

What other AC/DC songs would you like and I'll chase him up. Could we go with shouts of 'Miko' instead of 'Angus' to the tune of whole lotta rosie?

What about Maidens Run to the Hills as an opener?

Suggested 'Have a drink on me' from Back in Black to him when we were goint through the pub team phase but there was no chance it was on his list.

Great thread, great shout for some AC/DC!!

I've seen Scotty's play list and there is a dearth of some decent 70's rock!

What other AC/DC songs would you like and I'll chase him up. Could we go with shouts of 'Miko' instead of 'Angus' to the tune of whole lotta rosie?

What about Maidens Run to the Hills as an opener?

Suggested 'Have a drink on me' from Back in Black to him when we were goint through the pub team phase but there was no chance it was on his list.

Run to the Hills would be good.

The Hearts are coming!:D

paradise city as tynie is paradise! anything good and loud when the teams come out onto the pitch. get tynie back to what it used to be.

What about You Shook Me All Night Long

Or, a bit of a slow starter but good once your into it, For Those About To Rock "Stand up and be counted for what you are abuot to receive...."

What about AC/DC's thunderstruck? Instead of "Thun-der" we shout "Jam-Tarts"

love it monty

get thunderstruck on when they come out the tunnel

love it monty

It is actually a great song for build-up. For the film The Longest Yard, it is played before the big match. It really get u going. Whiz an e-mail to Scott!

love it monty

Couldnt agree more, a brilliant song for an entrance.

Got to be played LOUD though and preferably one of the live versions.

Dae it Scott !!!

My guess is that the majority of fans don't like heavy metal or whatever it is called now all that much.

I would like Scott Wilson to go back to the mid 80s selections. The Hearts song before the game - and Stevie Wonder I Just Called To Say I Love You every week at half time (records supplied by Sweet Inspiration).

We_are_the_Hearts

No Heavy Metal Scott, don't listen to the BO stained T-Shirt wearing sweaties.

A bit of Oasis for me................................................or even a bit of Rotterdam to get the place bouncing:p

Sorry but it was never AC/DC after Bon Scott died IMO. :(

My guess is that the majority of fans don't like heavy metal or whatever it is called now all that much.

I would like Scott Wilson to go back to the mid 80s selections. The Hearts song before the game - and Stevie Wonder I Just Called To Say I Love You every week at half time (records supplied by Sweet Inspiration).

Bring back Witchfynd :eek:

We had a poster on here a few days ago complaining about the noise a baby might make at the football, so something more contemplative - perhaps from Richard Clayderman - is more in order?

If we're looking to get hearts and fists pumping then something like No More Sorrow from Linkin Park might do the trick.

There is a track that the Chicago Bulls use when they enter the field of play.

I found it to be really awe inspiring, goose pimples etc.

Its called Sirius and is by The Alan Parsons Project, check it out on you tube.

Jas

ginger jambo98
No Heavy Metal Scott, don't listen to the BO stained T-Shirt wearing sweaties.

A bit of Oasis for me................................................or even a bit of Rotterdam to get the place bouncing:p

A tad harsh - non ?

However, do agree, a bit of Oasis - Cigarettes and alcohol pumped up loud would be good. Failing which, it's a toss up between Back in Black, Thunderstruck or Paradise City as suggested by Monty and Jambo19.

Cannae wait for the next home game !!

We_are_the_Hearts
A tad harsh - non ?

However, do agree, a bit of Oasis - Cigarettes and alcohol pumped up loud would be good. Failing which, it's a toss up between Back in Black, Thunderstruck or Paradise City as suggested by Monty and Jambo19.

Cannae wait for the next home game !!

Good shout with C & A. Cum on Feel the Noize was class at the 1996 Cup Final, JTs end was buzzing.

My guess is that a lot of people (majority ?) claim they don't like rock/metal, but when these type of tracks come on they find their foot tapping, head bobbing (fnarr fnarr !) and that they certainly dont mind it, if not verging on quite like it. Although they would never admit it.

We're not talking about Slayer, Venom or any of the more "extreme" stuff, just some decent rock stuff.

For the record, IMO AC/DC should never be classed as metal. Hard rock yes, but not metal.

Good shout with C & A. Cum on Feel the Noize was class at the 1996 Cup Final, JTs end was buzzing.

Play the original Slade version of Cum on Feel the Noise, or Mama We're All Crazee Now. Rockin.

There is a track that the Chicago Bulls use when they enter the field of play.I found it to be really awe inspiring, goose pimples etc.Its called Sirius and is by The Alan Parsons Project, check it out on you tube.Jas

Cheers for that. I've heard that played pre-match at some games in Englandand always wondered what it was!

Never been that fussed about what music they play at the match tbh, I generally go to watch the football and rarely pay attention to the music.

My guess is that a lot of people (majority ?) claim they don't like rock/metal, but when these type of tracks come on they find their foot tapping, head bobbing (fnarr fnarr !) and that they certainly dont mind it, if not verging on quite like it. Although they would never admit it.

We're not talking about Slayer, Venom or any of the more "extreme" stuff, just some decent rock stuff.

For the record, IMO AC/DC should never be classed as metal. Hard rock yes, but not metal.

Correct AC/DC are in no way, shape or form a 'heavy metal' band - just the lazy branding that used to brand everything with long hair and guitars from Journey to Slayer heavy metal.

On subject as previously stated anything by AC/DC would be good as would Paradise City. Other suggestions Rock and Roll Star by Oasis, Song 2 by Blur and Sart Me Up by the Stones. And seeing as I mentioned Journey earlier how about Dont Stop Believing for the 'believers'?!!

Never been that fussed about what music they play at the match tbh, I generally go to watch the football and rarely pay attention to the music.

Thats everyone told then!! But seriously the music played before games/at half time especially at big games can play a big part in getting the crowd 'up for it'. I remember in the 97/98 season we used to play a mix of tracks including We Will Rock You, Daydream Believer (Cheer up Jimmy Duffy) and a few others that always got the crowd singing.

I prefer to hear the fans.

The atmosphere is drowned out before the game and especially after goals if the music blares out.

More noticeable these days with the better quality PA of course.

I prefer to hear the fans.

The atmosphere is drowned out before the game and especially after goals if the music blares out.

More noticeable these days with the better quality PA of course.

I agrree about music being played after goals - does my t*ts in but I still think pre match/half time music can play a big part in getting the crowd singing - remember the 98 cup final?

Hagar the Horrible

AC/DC is the best shout, good toe tapping music

I would also go for Metallica Enter sandman

or the best intro with fireworks at any rock concert is

Ozzy after the opening tune of Carl Orf's O'Fortuna then burst into "I Dont Know" this could be played at Celtic games as Ozzy might not know but Stein did?:P

Then again my fav for celtic games would be Cher: G...T & T;)

A

Journey: Dont stop believing

at the end of games: Beathoven Ode to Joy?

What about the Proclaimers? ooooouuuuuch I have just been hit on the head!!!

Thats everyone told then!! But seriously the music played before games/at half time especially at big games can play a big part in getting the crowd 'up for it'. I remember in the 97/98 season we used to play a mix of tracks including We Will Rock You, Daydream Believer (Cheer up Jimmy Duffy) and a few others that always got the crowd singing.

I never told anybody bigandy, I simply stated my view.

MY view is that I care little about the music, the mascots, the fireworks or any other entertainment other than the football on the pitch. Play whatever music makes you happy, I honestly don't care. :)

I never told anybody bigandy, I simply stated my view.

MY view is that I care little about the music, the mascots, the fireworks or any other entertainment other than the football on the pitch. Play whatever music makes you happy, I honestly don't care. :)

No need to take a light hearted comment to heart - just didnt see the point about joining in a discussion about what music should be played to say I dont care what music is played.

No need to take a light hearted comment to heart - just didnt see the point about joining in a discussion about what music should be played to say I dont care what music is played.

I didn't take it to heart bigandy, I merely replied.

When the discussion surrounds the music at games, surely a view stating that it is not important what music is played is valid?

Anyhoo, I shall leave you to it, get music, fireworks, cheerleaders, a magician and a ventriloquist pre match if you wish.

I didn't take it to heart bigandy, I merely replied.

When the discussion surrounds the music at games, surely a view stating that it is not important what music is played is valid?

Anyhoo, I shall leave you to it, get music, fireworks, cheerleaders, a magician and a ventriloquist pre match if you wish.

Im not going to get in an argument on a message board over music but my last statement is that the last paragraph there is as condescending as the rest of your posts as I dont recall anyone on this thread mentioning cheerleaders, fireworks or anything else other than what is the best music to play. I get the point that yoyu are 'there for the football' and the rest of us should be paying less attention to frivolous things.

This may be an old fashioned idea but I got to Tynecastle to watch a football match. If I wanted to hear music I'd go to a concert.

It's a sad reflection on the backing our supporters give the club when the atmosphere is dependant on what music is played over the tannoy.

Hagar the Horrible
This may be an old fashioned idea but I got to Tynecastle to watch a football match. If I wanted to hear music I'd go to a concert.

It's a sad reflection on the backing our supporters give the club when the atmosphere is dependant on what music is played over the tannoy.

So i suppose my idea of 500 Frank Spencer Impersonators on the pitch before kick off is a no go either:eek:

What about female mud wrestlers? or womens beach volley ball?:)

Fozzyonthefence

Would be a great intro for coming up the tunnel for a big game. Don't think it would feel right for, say, Hamilton at home though.

Or Enter Sandman by Metallica? Not too extreme - even my wife likes that & she's not into heavy metal. Can't see any Metallica being played at Tynie though, although the BBC did play some at end of Aberdeen v Copenhagen game last season (can't remember the track though - Hero for the Day or something like that).

:1022::1022::1022::1022::1022::1022::1022::1022::

Fozzyonthefence

For anybody that doesn't think the music played has any impact on getting the fans going, just think back to the semi in 2006 & White Stripes before the kick off.

i hate oasis, but cigarettes and alcohol is a good shout. gets people pumped.

also ac/dc - you shook me all night long.

there must be other songs that have that grrrrrr about them that could relate to us though.

For anybody that doesn't think the music played has any impact on getting the fans going, just think back to the semi in 2006 & White Stripes before the kick off.

It drowns out the fans' own songs.

It worked well at that game particularly as everyone cottoned on to the 'new lyrics.

But in general playing the music so loud reduces the 'crackle' of the fans' atmosphere before a game.

Good debate guys but is seems the winner is Thunderstruck by the mighty AC/DC - as per the suggestion I'll try get Scotty to use the live version that was played at Donnington in '91

Has anyonw heard 'Nothin but a good time' by Poison. That rocks also!!!

Will also try and get the Baywatch thems for the kids at half time "I'll be ready........"!!!!

Slightly off topic, but a belated thank you to Scott (or whoever was responsible) for livening up the Airdrie match with what seemed like wall-to-wall Steely Dan at half-time.

whats embarrasing is being outsung by a couple hundred airdrie fans. Any tune like thunderstruck could get the crowd going and thats needed. Yes we're there to watch the game but we're there to back are team and hardly anybody does it. "Lets make some noise" always gets the crowd going but after that nothing. Always loved the 05/06 season with the build-up but now we're never loud.

Im not going to get in an argument on a message board over music but my last statement is that the last paragraph there is as condescending as the rest of your posts as I dont recall anyone on this thread mentioning cheerleaders, fireworks or anything else other than what is the best music to play. I get the point that yoyu are 'there for the football' and the rest of us should be paying less attention to frivolous things.

Exactly. I find it one of these modern things that people look for more than the football for entertainment, I blame the Americans.

As for argument, who is arguing? I am merely stating my view which is as welcome as yours, surely?

at the start when there walkin out they should play

the song that was on the programme appretice

i think its by andre previn. its either newcastle or sunderland that walk out 2 it

Thunderstruck is a chuffing brilliant shout!

I have been saying it for yonks, we should be playing Guns N Roses - Welcome to the Jungle.

Archived