slavering Yogi

maroonlegions

Yogi orders misfiring Bairns to stop the rot by following Hearts' lead

By MARK BONTHRONE

FALKIRK boss John Hughes today praised the way Hearts have turned their performances around since last season and held the Jambos up as a benchmark for his own side.

The Tynecastle team have won three of their opening four SPL matches to sit in third spot in the league as they visit Falkirk on Saturday ? a far cry from last term when they endured one of their most disappointing campaigns for years.

r Csaba Laszlo has instilled a new determination and discipline in the team which has helped them to record victories over Motherwell, St Mirren and Hamilton Accies this term.:)

While the Gorgie outfit have shown in flashes that they can inject skill and flair:eek: into their displays, their wins so far have been characterised by good organisation and hard work.:)

The Bairns, by contrast, are still searching for their first victory of the season and are currently rooted to the foot of the table without a point.:107years:

But Hughes, a self-confessed Hibs fan, is relishing the clash and believes his players can get off the mark this weekend if they follow Hearts' example.

"I'm looking at Hearts as a benchmark for my own players," he said.

"They have a pride and passion about their game that they didn't have last year. They are thinking 'we're Hearts and we need to play better than this'. That's the kind of attitude I want my players to have too as I think one or two of them are getting a bit blas?.

"We need to get back to rolling our sleeves up because that's the way that Hearts have turned things around. We need to get back to basics.

"We've had a horrendous start to the season and the fixture list hasn't been kind to us with both of the Old Firm and also Hibs away. But the way to turn things around now is to do the basics right the same as Hearts."

Falkirk's cause so far this season has not been helped by a long list of injury problems which have severely limited the options open to Hughes.

However, the former Hibs and Celtic player says that the free week due to Scotland's international break has come at just the right time for his side, who are getting close to full strength again.

"If we're going to get bad luck with injuries then I suppose it's best to get it out the way when you play the Old Firm as anything you get against them is a bonus," he said.

"The free week due to the international break means we should have three or four back for Saturday and that's great because there have been times that I've literally been without half a team. With them back I'm sure it will be a good game against Hearts which they usually are. They are a team that will come here and have a go and we'll try to play football ourselves.:107years:

"We've had some right good battles against them and, coming from the other side of Edinburgh, I always relish games against them.":p

One player who looks set to feature for the Bairns for the first time this season is former Hearts and Scotland winger Neil McCann. McCann quit Tynecastle at the end of last season and penned a two-year deal at the Falkirk Stadium bringing to an end an injury-hit second spell in Edinburgh.

He's in contention to feature this weekend, however, when his former club come calling and Hughes, right, believes he is exactly the sort of player his side need at the moment.

"He's desperate to play in the game and he's a real example to all the other players," said Hughes.

"He's everything I want at my club from the way he trains to the way that he conducts himself off the pitch.:rolleyes: He's a real role model.

"He maintains himself really well and he's going to be really close to playing against Hearts. Once Neil is fully fit I believe he'll be a really important player for us.

"He has bags of experience and he has a good footballing brain which means he still has a few seasons left in him.:107years:

"He's been unlucky with injuries but I believe he can make an impact.":rolleyes:

what a slavering muppet, if he really thinks McCann is the answer then he proves the point that deluded is indeed the word best to describe a hobo.:107years:

Yogi's a good manager, and someone I think we should have looked at to fill the managerial role at Hearts in the summer.

But my point here is that you missed out one of your :107years: after "a self-confessed Hibs fan":107years:

Yogi's a good manager, and someone I think we should have looked at to fill the managerial role at Hearts in the summer.

But my point here is that you missed out one of your :107years: after "a self-confessed Hibs fan":107years:

true but was only allowed 10 so chose not to.:eek::rolleyes:

Hmm. He never says nice things about Hearts...what is he up to? :unsure:

He won't be lulling us into any false sense of security, pfft. We need to get into them straight away on Saturday; they're playing to restore a little pride and we're notoriously good at giving points to teams like that.

I hope our lot don't underestimate them, that's all I can say.

winston churchill

he's a sellik fan like the rest of his family.

I like Yogi, regardless of his allegiances and don't see how he's slavering here?!

As usual i think he's talking sensibly and if anything he's complimenting us and Csaba.

winston churchill
Pretty certain he's as die hard a Leither and Hibee as you'll find

like me he is a leither...............hibs fan nope;)

Have a bit of time for Hughes, also pretty fair comments on Hearts.

Hughes aint affraid to stick up for himself with the SFA - good man.

He's a bit impulsive and gobby but he's definitely softening in his old age. I find myself quite liking him too.

I'll deny ever saying that next time he utters something mean about us though.

:)

BUT for a hobo to say those things about us just reeks of him trying to soften us up and is all about mind games me thinks.:cool:

BUT for a hobo to say those things about us just reeks of him trying to soften us up and is all about mind games me thinks.:cool:

Who knows.

I do think Hughes is just being honest though.

Have a bad feeling about Saturday.

:sad:

winston churchill
Fair enough mate i'll take your word for it.

i used to play with and against him.his family are all sellik fans.

him and his uncles &cousins used to travel on the leith sellik bus;)

these days,he might try and kid the dafties from lochend he's a hibbie...............but the truth is out there:)

winston churchill
Jerry Springer = Columbo.

"Just one more thing Mr Hughes"

:cool:

jerry springer also used to live 100 yards from him;)

seems anything but slavering, Neil McCann, if he can stay clear of injurys, will be a great influence for his team.

Well that will be the last we see of him then!!

seems anything but slavering, Neil McCann, if he can stay clear of injurys, will be a great influence for his team.

Yup. I know it doesn't say a huge amount but if you cast your mind back to Robbie's testimonial...he was looking rather good. I don't think he's got the legs (or the tackling confidence) to play for Hearts but I think he'll do wonders for Falkirk. Both on and off the pitch.

Nelly Terraces

I couldn't give a donald duck what this bloke has to say.

Just go out there tomorrow Hearts and f ****** g well do them. That's what I've paid my cash to see, that's what I expect. Csaba will have our lads up for it, no sweat.

Cheers.

Yogi orders misfiring Bairns to stop the rot by following Hearts' lead

IMHO...Some people HATE Hibs more than they Support Hearts!! :rolleyes:

What has he said wrong Exactly??? :hobofish:

Good things about Csaba, The team, the way we play, the fight we've got back...Then he has the ferkin CHEEK to praise one of HIS players who's comng back from injury... (And was a GREAT Player for US!!)...Hobo Barsteward should keep his mouth SHUT!! :eek::rolleyes:

he's a sellik fan like the rest of his family.

Mmmmm! Known the guy for years and he has always been a really die hard hibs man.

Archived