STV Scotland Today News

heartsfc_fan

Has anyone noticed the same problem as me here.

It's to do with the "News from the West and News from the East" part at about 6:10pm.

I was sitting in my flat last night watching and it goes to "news in the WEST - the glasgow studio" instead of the Edinburgh news studio. :mad: I think this always seems to happen.

Ahemmmmm! I live in Edinburgh. Why would I want to know what is happening in the west?

Even when I went to my parents house the other week (who live in Edinburgh), sure be it "news from the west" WHY?!

I thought it was something to do with Virgin media. Nope. The same happened on normal TV and Freeview. Anyone else noticed this problem? I'm gonna see if it happens again tonight and write a complaint letter...F*****g west coast media.

Not sure why but i get East and my friend in the same street gets west.

I think it might be whether you are watching it on digital or not.

STV news is terrible.

It is, but news is news I guess.

Anyone else noticed this problem with the "news from the west" rubbish. Take a look tonight

Do you stay in the West of Edinburgh? Reason I ask is everyone on that side of the city that I know, gets the Glasgow news eg my Mum who stays in Murrayfield.

I, however, stay on the other side and get the Edinburgh news.

It is, I much prefer my new coverage from Auntie Beeb.

Damn right.

Newsnight on BBC2 is outstanding.

Channel 4 news is pretty good as well.

Do you stay in the West of Edinburgh? Reason I ask is everyone on that side of the city that I know, gets the Glasgow news eg my Mum who stays in Murrayfield.

I, however, stay on the other side and get the Edinburgh news.

I have a flat near tynecastle and my parents live near the city by-pass on the south west(ish) side,

Still....a heck of a lot of people are probably in the same situation as me. Is it due to the fact that the nearest T.V News Transmitter (or whatever) can't reach the whole of Edinburgh?

Damn right.

Newsnight on BBC2 is outstanding.

Channel 4 news is pretty good as well.

Newsnight is good but I don't like the Scottish section. I think it should be tacked onto the end not taking over part of the main programme.

4's coverage for world events is second to none.

Newsnight is good but I don't like the Scottish section. I think it should be tacked onto the end not taking over part of the main programme.

4's coverage for world events is second to none.

The UK bit is better and they do get some serious A-list guests for Paxman to harrass.

I think in the Scottish section the interviewer is too agressive and doesn't give his guests a chance to speak. I've watched him a few times and thought that his behaviour was verging on unreasonable.

Commander Harris
Is Raman Barg-waatch (phonetic spelling!) still on it? How that man got a job in TV I'll never know.

Raman Bhardwaj is truly awful.

I think it depends on which reciever your aerial is pointing to. I am with Virgin and get the news from the East. In my bedroom however, I have a freeview box run from an internal aerial and get the news from the West, so if I want to hear about Buckie fueled riots, I watch it in my bedroom, or if I want to see something about Tarquin and Farquar going to the Tennis Academy at Merchiston High School I watch it in my living room.

Is Raman Barg-waatch (phonetic spelling!) still on it? How that man got a job in TV I'll never know.

Wee bit of positive discrimination by any chance...

It is, I much prefer my new coverage from Auntie Beeb.

Reporting Glasgow, sorry, Scotland is pretty poor too.

Until of course you compare it with English regional news. That truly is awful!

Reporting Scotland is one reason why a Scottish Six would be a waste of money.

BBC national news at 6 and 10 pm is also rubbish. Dumbed down lowest common denominator stuff.

To be fair though, Newsnight is good and even Newsnight Scotland has its moments.

I think it depends on which reciever your aerial is pointing to. I am with Virgin and get the news from the East. In my bedroom however, I have a freeview box run from an internal aerial and get the news from the West, so if I want to hear about Buckie fueled riots, I watch it in my bedroom, or if I want to see something about Tarquin and Farquar going to the Tennis Academy at Merchiston High School I watch it in my living room.

:rofl: true true I guess...

my dad said to me the other day..."Why would we want to know about a jakey falling down a well in Coatbridge...we want EDINBURGH news" couldn't have put it better myself

Has anyone noticed the same problem as me here.

It's to do with the "News from the West and News from the East" part at about 6:10pm.

I was sitting in my flat last night watching and it goes to "news in the WEST - the glasgow studio" instead of the Edinburgh news studio. :mad: I think this always seems to happen.

Ahemmmmm! I live in Edinburgh. Why would I want to know what is happening in the west?

Even when I went to my parents house the other week (who live in Edinburgh), sure be it "news from the west" WHY?!

I thought it was something to do with Virgin media. Nope. The same happened on normal TV and Freeview. Anyone else noticed this problem? I'm gonna see if it happens again tonight and write a complaint letter...F*****g west coast media.

I have the same problem - I only have council digitial, not satellite or cable.

I think it depends on which reciever your aerial is pointing to.

This is correct - point your ariel north and you'll have a better shot at picking up the Edinburgh part of the feed.

Im in Newington and get the West, my Boyfriend in Broughton gets East. If i watch it on sky I get East..

Doctor FinnBarr

I get news from the west in Blackburn but wifes workmate who lives further west gets east news. Aerials all face the same way! Same when I try to watch it thro the digi-box.

News from Cumnock and Kilmarnock, great!

:eek:

Nucky Thompson

I get news from the west when I am watching using my normal TV channels but I get it from the east through cable:rolleyes: I think it's because a lot of aerials in the west of the city are pointing to a transmitter in the west because Corstorphine hill is blocking the signal from the other transmitter.

Archived