Glen told he must be patient

Charlie-Brown

If we are to stick with the stinking 4-5-1 formation I would prefer to see Glen in the hole rather than anyone else who has played there so far this season.

Think Csaba's right to be honest. No reason why Glen should be put straight back in. Mole hasn't been brilliant, but there has been a marked improvement and it can't be easy playing the lone striker role. Personally i would prefer to see us drop a midfielder, probably Larry or maybe Obua, and bring in another striker. Alternatively, with Glen's movement he could be the perfect man to play behind the front man.

Jambof3tornado

Was Glen not just used as a PR stunt last season to give us something to cheer about in dire times??

He will come good for us,but he is a year or 2 away from being a regular.

We_are_the_Hearts
If we are to stick with the stinking 4-5-1 formation I would prefer to see Glen in the hole rather than anyone else who has played there so far this season.

It is 4-4-1-1, the same as most successful European teams play. We need to generate a playing style and I would stick with this for now. I can see it starting to take shape although Rome wasn't built in a day.

It is 4-4-1-1, the same as most successful European teams play. We need to generate a playing style and I would stick with this for now. I can see it starting to take shape although Rome wasn't built in a day.

4-3-2-1 might be closer to how the successful teams play, particularly with the wide front players getting as far forward as the striker much of the time. We don't play like that.

We_are_the_Hearts
4-3-2-1 might be closer to how the successful teams play, particularly with the wide front players getting as far forward as the striker much of the time. We don't play like that.

Would have to disagree. The above formation means 3 in the centre of midfield. More and More teams are now playing with 2 in the middle, wide midfielders, a hole player and a striker. The 2 wide players cut in leaving space for the full backs and 1 of the 2 in the middle drops back. Formation wise it has the most flexibility and can be hard to defend against. We need a better hole player though. We should keep working at this even though results will be inconsistent in the short term.

Archived