Meeting Hibs/OF players and annoying them....

The Vulture

Seymour M Hersh
Found this rather amusing link on the Blue Moon noticeboard about City fans meeting MU players and annoying them.

Anyone on here done anything likewise to say HFC/OF/Sheep players ??

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=86368

Apart from the Rooney photo they were a bit pathetic (as is mine I suppose).

I met Mark Walters on a Liverpool pre-season tour in Germany and congratulated him on getting over the low point in his career. He asked me what low point and I said when he was at Ipox! He was not amused, but being a little bevvied I was!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

A few seasons ago when Hearts beat Hibs 4 -0 I seen Stuart Lovell at an Arctic Monkeys gig at the Corn Exchange.

Needless to say I was blootered and gave him dogs abuse while waiting in line to buy a pint. My Hibs mates were not happy and bought him a pint. :mad:

I remember giving Beslija and Goncalves a free drink when they were in a bar I used to work in...

(that was before I saw them play however :( )

I was at Hampden ,lunch was being served and Alan Rough was at the table,somebody asked what was on the menu,and before I could stop myself i said it was going to be mince but somebody half inched it..

I remember giving Beslija and Goncalves a free drink when they were in a bar I used to work in...

(that was before I saw them play however :( )

You have seen Besliga play ??? WTF :eek:

I remember I was round at the ticket office collecting tickets on a match day a few years back. The Rangers bus pulled up and a group of young lads decended on the bus and were shouting on every player as they came off the bus wanting an autograph. In the end Ricksen and Bazza the crab came over and just after they had signed the folded the bit of paper the wee laddies unfolded it and showed them what it said. It had "I LOVE BOYS" on the top and was signed by the Rangers boys. The wee laddies started giving them pelters and all the "adults" around started laughing. Ricksen stormed off in a huff but ferguson was laughing. Good banter.

Sexton Hardcastle

One of my mates where out in City a few years back. Riorden made his usual appearance with bouncers and co. One of the boys my friend was with, a rugby player so pretty chubby/big fella went up to have a few "words". Riordens mate/Bouncer told him to F off etc so there was a little scuffle where him and Riorden exchnged a few slaps. Mate gets thrown out and Riorden lived happily ever after.

Hero

Hagar the Horrible

I once met George Best and I told him I have been drunk before, but not that drunk that I played for Hibs

Quick as a flash he said "I played for Hibs!":)

JAMBOn_et_fromage

I once had the misfortune to listen to Roughie at a sportman's lunch. When he took questions I asked how many times he'd been in a winning Hibs side against Hearts. :evil:

Must admit, he did take it well and laughed it off.

winston churchill

i was in ryans bar ****ed one saturday night.

i've clocked keith big teeth wright and his wee hobo mob.

i went over s and said to him,i think i know you?aye big man he says i play for the hibs ken.

oh right says me....................i thought you were a bar man in the green tree.if looks could kill.

A couple of my mates are builders, doing a job over in Blackhall somewhere recently...

Some fancy 4x4 drives past them and parks up a short distance away..some tidy blonde hops out and the 2 of them are checking her out. She walks off towards the main street/shops area.

A short time later she comes walking back along the side street my mates are working in with Steven Pressely by her side.

One of the builders is a Jambo and the other is a tim. Jambo shouts out to Pressely "Hey big man, why did you sign for that mhanky lot for?"

Pressely replies (and none to amused, in fact 'raging') "WHAT MHANKY LOT?"

Jambo builder looks to mate and says "His mhanky lot!"..

Tim builder shouts "Hail, Hail"...

Mr Pressely scoured at them and walked off - not a happy bunny...

Still, by the sounds of it his mrs is tidy. :)

I met Willie Young the referee at a formal dinner a few years back.

I happily shook the hand that awarded THAT penalty in May 1998

He didn't have time to do a Phoenix from the Flames - Bah!

I was in Establishment on Boxing Day a couple of years ago and Rearend was in there with a big group of mates. They were all dressed the same as him and about four of them had identical haircuts.

I was working in the morning so I said cheerio to everyone and nipped into the loo on my way out.

In walks one of his mates and gets his tadger out to pee just as I'm finishing.

So I turned round and said to him "What's with the hair cut's mate did you do it for charity or something".

He turned round and said "Have you never heard of Deek Riordan".

I said "No, does he work here"?

"Naw, he's a football player"

"Oh right, so what's this got to do with the hair cut"

"Well we've got our hair cut like him because we're mates with him"

"Oh right..... Isn't that a bit... sad" I said. "I mean he can't be that famous if I've never heard of him".

"He plays for Hibs".

"Oh right so he's not that famous then... But at least he's doing his bit for charity"

With that I walked out. I think he was a bit angry but I was leaving anyway and he was still mid flow so he couldn't really do much about it..

This is going back a bit 'cos I'm an auld goat. It was around 1992 and this young Rangers player, whose name completely escapes me now, had a stormer in a League Cup tie on a Wednesday night. The highlights were on telly and Erchie McPherson was raving about him and kept making the point about him only being 17.

Couple of nights later he came into the pub I was working in and ordered drinks from me. I told him I knew he was underage, refused to serve him and got the bouncers to chuck him out.

Man it felt good.

I met Le Chimp and Zitelli in All Bar One and after a few beers went up and started chatting to them.... I started giving them a bit of stick...just gentle banter but much to my annoyance they were actually both top fellas and ended up buying me and my two mates a beer... We still called them a pair of French P**fs as they were drinking Wine but Sauzee then pointed to my mates large Beer Gut and said "thats why we dont drink beer".... have to admit we all ****ed ourselves laughing and my mate felt gutted...

What the hell does "feeding the goat" mean when talking about Neville?

Shaun Goater scored a double in a derby win for Man City. Gary Neville gifted him one of the goals.

Not exactly on topic but I found it quite funny any way.

My mate was going to a meeting not far from Murray park at the start of pre season a few years ago. He got close to the gates and traffic was tail backed as some rats were outside wanting autographs as the cars drove up.

My mate had a new Audi TT and some little rat came over to his car and chapped his window to ask for his autograph. He rolled down his window and obliged. Signing his own name in the guys book.

My only disappointment at the time is he didn’t sign in Ferguson and add a Bob Malcolm 'signature' to allow the guy to sell it to the Sun/Record

JAMBOn_et_fromage
Was that at the Roxburgh last Christmas? If so, I was there and thought that was quite funny!

Food was crap though.

It was possibly around that time but was in the King James along with John Gahagan, ex Motherwell player who's actually very funny.

Got a couple.

The best one was probably when I got Ratboys mobile number who had gotten it through a friend of a friend, she trusted me not to use it to take the ****. Oops. Anyway, I sent him a couple of texts the night after the derby where we pumped them 4-1 when Rix was in charge. The thing is he was replying and going crazy as well. Was hilarious.

Seen Amadou Konte in City one night, got down on my hands and knees and bowed down to him ala Waynes World "We're not worthy". Then told him he was the worst player I'd ever seen.

:laugh:

Seen Andy McNeil in Cav before, week after he made the blunder at Tynie, he walked past me, I shouted Andy, he turned around. I said cheers for last week mate. He wasn't best impressed and his final retort was "say that to my bank balance!".

:107years:

Got a couple.

The best one was probably when I got Ratboys mobile number who had gotten it through a friend of a friend, she trusted me not to use it to take the ****. Oops. Anyway, I sent him a couple of texts the night after the derby where we pumped them 4-1 when Rix was in charge. The thing is he was replying and going crazy as well. Was hilarious.

Seen Amadou Konte in City one night, got down on my hands and knees and bowed down to him ala Waynes World "We're not worthy". Then told him he was the worst player I'd ever seen.

Seen Andy McNeil in Cav before, week after he made the blunder at Tynie, he walked past me, I shouted Andy, he turned around. I said cheers for last week mate. He wasn't best impressed and his final retort was "say that to my bank balance!".

A Hibs player with the cheek to say that. He'll be on pittance.

Not to mention he'll probably be playing Division 2 on ?50 a week in a few years.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Got a couple.

What a prat.

If only you had quiped back "Did you have a wedge on the correct score?"

I once shook hands with Richard Gough - does that count :rolleyes:

Also met Steve Frail in Liverpool when he was with Tranmere, in hindsight, given the abuse he took on this board last season, I should have leathered him.

Me and a group of mates jumped in to a taxi once. A drink had been taken.

One mate clocks the driver and asks " Are you Gordon Hunter? ". " Aye " he says.

He was serenaded with " We're the best team in the toon, Tortalano likes the broon etc.." right from on side of town to the other by four ****ed up Hearts men.

It didn't look like it was his most favourite fare he'd ever taken.

I remember some years ago when my local was the Harp in Corstorphine, Gareth Evans of Hibs walked in, he took one look around the pub and almost everyone was wearing something connected to Hearts, he was booed rather loudly, he turned round and rather quickly got out the door with the two birds he was with! I also remember standing at a bar in the oldtown (living room or kitchen it was called!??) and beside me was Darren Jackson, Calum Milne and Joe Tortolano. Jackson was a sound guy actually and had a right good chat with us, Tortolano kept himself to himself but Milne was a total pr ick of the highest order! He constantly was repeating "hearts are sh ite, hearts are sh ite" all night, he was lucky that Jackson was there telling him to shut the **** up, he was seriously going to get a doing if he carried on. The other two got him out of there sharply!!

My Brother and Dad were in the corporate at Cetic for the two nil down, three two up game.

At half time my brother went to the toilet. He couldn't see them but there was guy there with one of those padded Celtic managers jackets on with about four or five Tims talking to him.

My brother walks up and asked " excuse me mate, where's the toilets? "

Guys looks confused and gestures " over there "

When he got back my old man asked him what he had asked Tommy Gemmell?

"Who the feck is Tommy Gemmell? I thought that was some jakey steward"

We had David Grof singing:

"Do,do,do,do Grof's a jambo"

In City one night, don't think he knew what it meant.

I was in a club at Tollcross about 1988 with a good group of mates (the one upstairs from Coasters!). Milne was there with another hibs player who knew a mate of mine and had a longstanding grudge against him (going back to school).

Milne was all for the two of them giving my mate a kicking, he quickly went off the idea when a couple of my mates suggested they get involved too to even up the numbers.

Milne totally crapped himself and scarpered so I can only agree with you regarding him, was he not in the casual scene or something?

Yes, it was said he was involved in the casual scene, that night, he was looking to start a fight, total di*k**d! I also bumped into him a few years back in the Monte Bianco chippy in Murrayfield, his team had won the junior cup or something and he got off the bus with some others and was mouthing off at the staff in the chippy as well as insulting other customers, yet again he was dragged out by a couple of the other guys, absoulte heid-the-ba' !

Me and a group of mates jumped in to a taxi once. A drink had been taken.

One mate clocks the driver and asks " Are you Gordon Hunter? ". " Aye " he says.

He was serenaded with " We're the best team in the toon, Tortalano likes the broon etc.." right from on side of town to the other by four ****ed up Hearts men.

It didn't look like it was his most favourite fare he'd ever taken.

Many moons ago me and a couple of mates were in the Penguin Cafe when we noticed Hunter at the bar with 2 or 3 of his pals.Without even saying a word one of my mates walked straight over and tipped a full pint right over his head much to our amusement(we were seriously bevvied).

They did the square root of feck all except throw a few dirty looks.

We were asked to leave soon after by the bouncers.

Two mates of mine are Huns and were at Ibrox in hospitality. As you can imagine come half 5 they were as drunk as skunks. There were various Rangers players doing the rounds chatting to the punters and Barry Ferguson (I think) and Stephen Hughes end up talking to my mates.

At this point one of my mates says to the Rangers players 'how about a photo boys' to which the players say yes off course. My mate takes out his camera, hands the camera to Hughes, puts his arm round my other mate and says 'it's just a point and shoot Stevie, try not to cut our heads off'. Ferguson goes into hysterics and Hughes glares at my pals, hands the camera back and bggers off. Brilliant.

winston churchill
Yes, it was said he was involved in the casual scene, that night, he was looking to start a fight, total di*k**d! I also bumped into him a few years back in the Monte Bianco chippy in Murrayfield, his team had won the junior cup or something and he got off the bus with some others and was mouthing off at the staff in the chippy as well as insulting other customers, yet again he was dragged out by a couple of the other guys, absoulte heid-the-ba' !

that was wee mikey weirs thing.driving around in a car with his chums and jumping hearts fans..........only if they were on their own mind you.

a good friend of mine,one of thre brothers from clerrie got wind of this .........and kicked ten different colours of sh it out of him in a garden in clerrie.

Mickey Weir stayed across the back from me and he was a total troublemaking tit aswell! Funny how they all seem to be morons though eh!?

Mickey Weir stayed across the back from me and he was a total troublemaking tit aswell! Funny how they all seem to be morons though eh!?

Says a lot about the Hibs support in general.

The jakiest support outside of the Old Firm by a country mile.

Says a lot about the Hibs support in general.

The jakiest support outside of the Old Firm by a country mile.

Aye, if it wasn't for the Buckie Brigade through there, there would be NO contest as to whose fans are the jakiest!

Went to Norway with the work on Tuesday and fat Mixu was on the flight to Amserdam and walked past me as I was already in my seat(cattle class), asked him if Petrie was too cheap to get him a decent seat in business class, he just kept walking

In all fairness it was a KLM flight so the only difference between business and economy is about ?100-150 so it's not as if it'd break the bank. I'd like to think if Csaba was going about he'd get a decent seat

Archived