THE 9/11 HOTEL Channel 4

Miller Jambo 60

I am adicted to 9/11 stories mate.

The individual stories are inspiring.

Another great programme.

You've got to admire these guys that were involved.

What was it all about?

Worth a watch on More 4?

Watch it mate.

Great stories.

The bit when a part of the hotel survived due to the other terrorist attack from years ago was amazing. A little part that stayed up with 14 survivors.

Watch it mate.

Great stories.

The bit when a part of the hotel survived due to the other terrorist attack from years ago was amazing. A little part that stayed up with 14 survivors.

I'm confient it'll be on More 4 next week, so I'll give it a watch.

I'm like you, I'll watch anything on 9/11, especially the conspricy stuff.

Miller Jambo 60
I am adicted to 9/11 stories mate.

The individual stories are inspiring.

Another great programme.

You've got to admire these guys that were involved.

Me too bud im not a person that loves murder etc.

But the whole way it happened and im sure caught out the attackers as much as the poor souls that died.

I love Aeroplane crash Docs as i hate flying its my way of saying its not safe.

Me too bud im not a person that loves murder etc.

But the whole way it happened and im sure caught out the attackers as much as the poor souls that died.

I love Aeroplane crash Docs as i hate flying its my way of saying its not safe.

I regularly watch Air Crash Investigation and Seconds From Disaster on one of the documentary channels. It's amazing how some of them go down, all it takes is one little thing.

I regularly watch Air Crash Investigation and Seconds From Disaster on one of the documentary channels. It's amazing how some of them go down, all it takes is one little thing.

And I thought I was a morbid ****.....:eek:

Still you probably agree these shows are great. They are real. They make you think. Not many programmes make you do that. I would rather watch one morbid documentary about some air crash than 1000 Eastenders episodes.

Still you probably agree these shows are great. They are real. They make you think. Not many programmes make you do that. I would rather watch one morbid documentary about some air crash than 1000 Eastenders episodes.

Clearly an intellectual.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The 9/11 story last night about the French brothers making a documentary on a firefighter was absolutely incredible.

I'm also addicted to the stories for some reason ... still can't get my head around the whole event.

Was at Ground Zero a few weeks ago and went into the memorial centre. Never said one word in the whole hour and a bit I was in there. Soul destroying seeing all the missing pictures and messages from loved ones.

:laugh:

Documentaries are how I gain what little knowledge I have. I'll honestly watch anything that's on, I even watched a 2 hour documentary on Stonehenge...:eek:

Miller Jambo 60
:laugh:

Documentaries are how I gain what little knowledge I have. I'll honestly watch anything that's on, I even watched a 2 hour documentary on Stonehenge...:eek:

Thats it mate bed you are being close to being a hibee.:)

They love history:107years::107years::107years:

Agreed. There's nothing wrong with TV being mainly an entertainment medium, but a bit more content intended to inform and provoke a bit of thinking would be good as well.

The 9/11 story last night about the French brothers making a documentary on a firefighter was absolutely incredible.

I saw that a couple of years ago when it first came out. Brilliant TV.

In the 2 1/2 years I've been over here I've met so many folk who were affected by 9/11.

As I stay with host families some of the time over here I've stayed with one family who have their booking reference to stay in the hotel at the top of one of the towers on 9/10/01 but as their youngest was unwell, they cancelled. The dad was trying to get into Manhattan to go to work when the first plane hit. It messes wiht my head thinking how I would have reacted if that had been me.

Also stayed with a family on Long Island whose brother was one of the firefighters who died when the towers came down. That was awkward when brought up.

The town I stayed in has a local public access channel which just scrolls through the names of everyone killed from that town in 9/11. Weird.

I'm gonna go into Manhattan tomorrow night, kind of morbid but want to be there to see what it's like.

I watch anything on 9/11.

Programme on tonight about a women who got a lot of publicity about losing he fiance in the towers.

They then found out she made it all up... How fecking sad :(

I regularly watch Air Crash Investigation and It's amazing how some of them go down, all it takes is one little thing.

Usually a few voddies do the trick...

I'm also addicted to the stories for some reason ... still can't get my head around the whole event.

Was at Ground Zero a few weeks ago and went into the memorial centre. Never said one word in the whole hour and a bit I was in there. Soul destroying seeing all the missing pictures and messages from loved ones.

I know exactly what you mean. My dad has a similar fascination with the Kennedy assassination. It was the big earth shattering news story of his life. 9-11 is that to me.

I've always wanted to go to New York, but more so since then. It's an ambition to leave a bouquet of heather at ground zero.

I was inter-railing when it happened, stranded at a hostel called the Pink Palace (shut up, google it, it's not) in Corfu. There was alot of Americans there. Scary times trying to piece together from Greek television what was happening.

I watch anything on 9/11.

Programme on tonight about a women who got a lot of publicity about losing he fiance in the towers.

They then found out she made it all up... How fecking sad :(

It's hoors like her that give me so much job satisfaction in my working life. Nothing better than catching out a fraudster!

marshallschunkychicken

I was in Bulgaria on holiday a couple of years ago, and we flew there and back in a dodgy old Tupolev with bald tyres, and a strong smell of aviation fuel.

The only channel that showed television in English at the apartment (for those times when the other half is getting ready, or before going to sleep) was the National Geographic Channel. All they played was Air Crash Investigation and Seconds from Disaster.

Was cacking myself on the flight home.

Miller Jambo 60
I was in Bulgaria on holiday a couple of years ago, and we flew there and back in a dodgy old Tupolev with bald tyres, and a strong smell of aviation fuel.

The only channel that showed television in English at the apartment (for those times when the other half is getting ready, or before going to sleep) was the National Geographic Channel. All they played was Air Crash Investigation and Seconds from Disaster.

Was cacking myself on the flight home.

I just cant cope with flying ,its the fear of crashing obviously.

Flew to Grand Canaria in 2005 and the kids were in stitches watching their dad grip the seat in front.

So much for my 2 pints and 2 calming tabs.

My wife had promised to sit her driving test if i got on the plane.

Still waiting conned again.

I just cant cope with flying ,its the fear of crashing obviously.

Flew to Grand Canaria in 2005 and the kids were in stitches watching their dad grip the seat in front.

Flew once. Have never done it again & never will.

Talking of 9-11 I think I am in a very small group of people who never knew about the event until about 3 days after !

Was in a wee place in Vietnam at the time and we kept on being asked if we were American. We replied no and so everyone thought we wouldn't be interested in the news !!

Only found out when we got back to Ho Chi Minh and we saw it on TV in the hotel lobby. I have yet to meet someone else (Apart from my pals) who never knew it had happened.

As for the event itself one fo the truly historical events of our time. Man landing on the Moon was probably the last one ? That one has conspiracies as well...

I suppose you could argue about German re-unification and the Soviet collapse also being at the same sort of level.

Crazy stuff.

PS - The view from the top of the Towers was amazing when they were still in place. I got a blue bird day when I was up. Could see for probably 30+ miles. Mental.

PS - The view from the top of the Towers was amazing when they were still in place. I got a blue bird day when I was up. Could see for probably 30+ miles. Mental.

Could you see me in New Jersey? I was waving :)

Archived