Ian Crocker...

heart & soul

...MUST DIE!!!

Why the ferk is this tw@t commentating on the Scotland game?

He's a patronizing English git.:mad:

"Don't rule give up on your World Cup dreams just yet"

"The Scott's are on the edge of their seats"

Surely there is a capable Scotsman on the payroll at Setanta who could commentate on our games.

You turn over to see Thoe Walcotte score for england and you get "the night a boy becomes a man", "the Three Lions roar" and all that *****.

It's ****in' soul destroying. :mad:

...MUST DIE!!!

Surely there is a capable Scotsman on the payroll at Setanta who could commentate on our games.

You turn over to see Thoe Walcotte score for england and you get "the night a boy becomes a man", "the Three Lions roar" and all that *****.

Just turned over to see England are 3-0 up:(

Time for bed.

...MUST DIE!!!

Are you having a laugh..............

Ogi fae Gorgie

Should hear Fat Boys Merson and Mullery Engerland are going to win the world cup. Here we go again. Wish they would just shut the f()ck up and commentate on the game.

...MUST DIE!!!

Is Ian Crocker commentating on Setanta 1 and 2 simultaneously? :rolleyes:

...MUST DIE!!!

What the hell is wrong with the quotes in bold?

jack D and coke

I quite like his commentary.

Just heard Paul Merson and Alan Mullery shoot their duff in the background there. 4-1 England Walcott Hat-trick.

That'll be them winning the world cup now then:mad:

I like him. I remember when he used to commentate on the games on the radio in Birmingham in the nineties and he was always good.

I'm sure I read that he had a soft spot for the Hearts as well.

I imagine that, despite being English, he could spell Scots (and avoid the unnecessary punctuation).

Do you vote SNP by any chance?

Me i can't be arsed with him. My vision and hope for him is...

manonfire.jpg

Johnathan Pearce, Jon Champion, Martin Tyler are more for me

The commentator on the England game was pretty naseuating - Champion? - but I didn't have the privilege of hearing the remarks on our game. Always found Crocker pretty fair though and he does love Hearts. I liked Bill Leslie on Sky as well though.

Personally I can't stand Ian Crocker s h it. He is truly awful.

But that aside I flip flopped between Scotland and England and if anyone thinks Scottish refs are c r a p they need to take a look at the guy in charge tonight in Zagreb.

A clear penalty on Heskey for all-in wrestling not given. If the ref didn't see it where was his assistant ?

I thought the red card was a joke - if that is a red card then most British centre halfs (halves ?) better retire now.

Some of the 'fouls' given were just ridiculous.

And how big a t w a t did Terry look for feigning injury over his head knock that never was that led to Croatia scoring.

Say What Again

I don't mind Ian Crocker.

As for any Scottish ones :4_1_72::4_1_72:

Are you deliberately trying for funniest post of the year?

Look at what Scotland offers up - not just as commentators - as pundits too. Take your pick (past and present):

Archie McPherson (the most annoying of them all - I'd even take Motty over him).

Jock Brown

'Spencey' ('Ahh Ha, Ahh Ha - Good one Chick!' - Aye that was funny as feck Jim? :rolleyes:)

Richard Gordon

Murdo McLeod

Billy Dodds

Chick Young (good God :()

Jim Traynor

Gerry McNee (just when I thought I'd exhausted all the REALLY ****e ones)

etc

etc

Maybe you'd like the return of Julie-Anne (whatever his name was) or Sarah O?

:sad::sad::sad:

I quite like his commentary.

Just heard Paul Merson and Alan Mullery shoot their duff in the background there. 4-1 England Walcott Hat-trick.

That'll be them winning the world cup now then:mad:

England have been going through this exact same cycle for over 40 years now. One decent result out of the blue and they are the self appointed favorites to win it.

He only thing that is as certain as them quoting themselves as favourites is the

inevitable spectacular failure that eventually and ALWAYS catches up with them .

I personally look forward to that particular day on a four yearly basis, even if I have to wait for the semi final for it to happen.

His commentary style is

Repeat the same phrase/stat over and over again in the same game then repeat the next game.I much prefer the other english Setanta commentator.

winston churchill

he was doing the sheep v rangers game a few weeks ago...............the bears were singing to him................fat harry potter.

Seymour M Hersh
The commentator on the England game was pretty naseuating - Champion? - but I didn't have the privilege of hearing the remarks on our game. Always found Crocker pretty fair though and he does love Hearts. I liked Bill Leslie on Sky as well though.

Who was sitting beside Champion? Was it Waddell? He was pathetic whoever he was.

I imagine that, despite being English, he could spell Scots (and avoid the unnecessary punctuation).

Sorry about that. Spelling and punctuation aren't really my forte but as long as there are mod edit like you around I'll be OK.

:)

I don't mind Ian Crocker.

As for any Scottish ones :4_1_72::4_1_72:

Are you deliberately trying for funniest post of the year?

Look at what Scotland offers up - not just as commentators - as pundits too. Take your pick (past and present):

Archie McPherson (the most annoying of them all - I'd even take Motty over him).

Jock Brown

'Spencey' ('Ahh Ha, Ahh Ha - Good one Chick!' - Aye that was funny as feck Jim? :rolleyes:)

Richard Gordon

Murdo McLeod

Billy Dodds

Chick Young (good God :()

Jim Traynor

Gerry McNee (just when I thought I'd exhausted all the REALLY ****e ones)

etc

etc

Maybe you'd like the return of Julie-Anne (whatever his name was) or Sarah O?

:sad::sad::sad:

Yeah I don't mind Crocker compared to that lot. He did used to wheel out the fact that whenever Hibs were playing when he commentated on Sky that "Paul Fenwick used to play for Birmingham city". Couldn't go 90 mins without mentioning it. But him and Bill Leslie are quite good compared to the dross above.

I quite liked Rob McLean when he did the commentating. One of my early memories of him commentating was the bbc highlights of our scottish cup win at tynie vs rangers on a monday night in the mid 90s.

...MUST DIE!!!

Easy answer to your issues, switch channels and watch Top Gear on Dave. ;)

Sorry about that. Spelling and punctuation aren't really my forte but as long as there are mod edit like you around I'll be OK.

:)

Making sensible comments doesn't seem to be your forte either.

I'd say your strength is in anti-English drivel - fair play to you.

exactly what I was thinking!! I'd also wager he knows more about Scottish Football than H & S ever will. IMO he is one of the best in the business. A scottish alternative... mmm let me see Jock Brown (weegie tit), Archie Mac (weegie tit), Rob Mclean (yer having a laugh), oh and last but not least Gerry McNee!!

The only Scottish commentator worth his salt is Allistar Alexander on Radio Scotland.

Making sensible comments doesn't seem to be your forte either.

I'd say your strength is in anti-English drivel - fair play to you.

I've just received a slap on the wrist for calling you names. Please accept my apologies. You are clearly a better person than me and are a great judge of character. You have exposed me for the small minded racist that I am. Well done.:rolleyes:

And by the way, I can't vote SNP as I live in England.:(

come on the Hearts!!!

...MUST DIE!!!

Can't stand Crock-of-sh*t as a commentator, the man repeats the same benial statistics over and over throughout a game. But as Jack of Hearts says, what numpty Weegie numbnuts would be able to take over!? Much like our situation with our wingbacks, we are sadly lacking when it comes to quality, unbiased, knowledgable commentators.

The master of commentating is sadly no longer with us.

exactly what I was thinking!! I'd also wager he knows more about Scottish Football than H & S ever will. IMO he is one of the best in the business. A scottish alternative... mmm let me see Jock Brown (weegie tit), Archie Mac (weegie tit), Rob Mclean (yer having a laugh), oh and last but not least Gerry McNee!!

The only Scottish commentator worth his salt is Allistar Alexander on Radio Scotland.

I'm actually the Curator of Scottish Football History Museum-Biggleswade Branch.

...MUST DIE!!!

To be fair, when Broadfoot halved the boy on the touchline and got booked for it, Crocker said something like "you don't get away with challenges like that in an international ...".

True, how true, compared to Broadfoot in a Huns top.

He retired a few years ago. David Begg who took over main commentating roles is excellent as well though.

The guy Proudfoot who sometimes does the Scottish Football and used to do La Liga on Sky is the best (on TV) right now for me.

Sadly, decent commentators are dying out as the old brigade retire. All commentators nowadays seem to think its ok to either repeat the same stats ad nauseum, make some sarcy comment when possible or show some kind of bias to one of the teams playing.

Say What Again
To be fair, when Broadfoot halved the boy on the touchline and got booked for it, Crocker said something like "you don't get away with challenges like that in an international ...".

True, how true, compared to Broadfoot in a Huns top.

That's exactly what I thought when he said that JV.

No, you don't get away with it in that top, or with these referees Kirk.

I think he means the Scottish John Barnes, who got clocked by Jim McLean ...

I see, not quite as bad then, but nowhere near the best.

I actually think out of the names mentioned, Crocker and Alisdair Alexander, when he did commentate are the best, though Alexander did do radio, and commentating on radio, I imagine, is quite a bit different.

Sexton Hardcastle

Aye, sorry , maybe didnt make that one clear. english JB is a fud. Find the one on radio scotland/sportscene to be pretty fair.

I actually think out of the names mentioned, Crocker and Alisdair Alexander, when he did commentate are the best, though Alexander did do radio, and commentating on radio, I imagine, is quite a bit different.

Alexander did both. It was more in his latter years that he was only on the radio.

I always liked Jock Brown, I must be mad.:o

February 20th 1994:

"Two and a half minutes on the clock and the hammer of hibs strikes again"

"Foster... using his pace... a chance to win the game for Hearts... He's done it!"

Classic.

Maybe I need a bigger screen, or high definition, but my complaint with all commentators is that they do not mention player's names often enough, and in long-shot it can be difficult to identify them.

Ian Croker is acceptable, and better than most, but I do take exception to his frequently suggesting that McGregor of Rangers is standing by to replace Craig Gordon.

But then I find it difficult to be objective in comparing one of our own with a Hun.

For all the English commentators might pess us off at times they are better than most Scottish ones at the moment.

Paul Mitchell(mundane ), Rob McLean when he done it(mundane), you probably have to go back to Archie MacPherson`s younger days to find someone who was at least a bit articulate and sounded ok with a mic.

Now McPherson is just an irritating old git!!!:P

Archived