Scotland Lineup announced (Broadfoot alert)

Gershwin

Gordon, Broadfoot, Caldwell, McManus, Naysmith, Robson, Fletcher, Brown, Commons, Maloney, McFadden

I'd have emptied Robson for another striker.

No comment on Clubfoot's international debut.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Gordon, Broadfoot, Caldwell, McManus, Naysmith, Robson, Fletcher, Brown, Commons, Maloney, McFadden

Sorry but I have got to. He is ****ing rank.

I've a feeling we'll lose tonight aswell - I hope I'm wrong.

Robson was the only midfielder that looked dangerous against Macedonia.

Brown and Fletcher were far worse.

Broadfoot is a worry as is sticking with Caldwell and McManus who are not international class and never will be.

get broadfoot and caldwell tae feck.

booo. i borke the news in the proper thread. booo.

Yeah yeah, I got lazy and couldn't be ar$ed looking for other threads.

---------------------Gordon

---Clubfoot--Calamity------McManus--Naysmith

-----------Fletcher--Brown--Robson

-------Maloney-----McFadden-----Commons

I thought football had died the day he was allowed to play in a major European final.

Now he's getting a full international cap.

Think I might start watching ice hockey again...

Do I not like that.

Gordon

Broadfoot-Caldwell or Berra-McManus-Naysmith

Brown-Fletcher-Robson-McFadden

Clarkson-Boyd

Or something like that would have been my choice from the squad. I am not sure that trying to recreate the Wembley Wizards with the smallest forwards ever seen is a great idea. But we shall see.

Chad Sexington

6a00d4141c2996685e00d4143f170c685e-320pi

:sad::sad::sad::sad:

Is it just me or if Broadfoot hadn't played there would not have been one Rangers player in the starting 11. I guess we couldn't have that now, especially after McCulloch being all over the papers for the last few days

My views have changed on you George...:(

Word. He's starting to look like a mental. Pish poor team yet again. I fully expect a doing for the OF select tonight.

Broadfoot, be a man. Pull a sicky.

Broadfoot or Alexander ........

Rock ....... Scottish team ....... Hard Place

Surely there has to be someone else out there at right back!!!!!!

The majority of tonights match will be played 4-5-1 and not 4-3-3, with us behind the ball for 80% of the game.

Word. He's starting to look like a mental. Pish poor team yet again. I fully expect a doing for the OF select tonight.

Broadfoot, be a man. Pull a sicky.

He's already said Clubfoot has 'limited abilities', so why the hell would he start him?

I'm no fan of Alexander either but he's got about 30 caps and has played again worldclass opposition. This is a must win game for Burley and he's giving an international debut to someone like him?

Robbie Neilson in Ukraine anyone? :eek:

Only cos RN is injured...:P

Yes, Scotland's top 2 right backs - Hutton and Neilson - are injured. Alexander, maybe 3rd choice is also injured I think. I am sure that Broadfoot will do the job he always does for Rangers.:)

Yes, Scotland's top 2 right backs - Hutton and Neilson - are injured. Alexander, maybe 3rd choice is also injured I think. I am sure that Broadfoot will do the job he always does for Rangers.:)

Surely McNaughton is above Neilson in the pecking order. He would have played had he not been injured.

Surely McNaughton is above Neilson in the pecking order. He would have played had he not been injured.

Maybe in GB's order! Not in my view!:)

Aye. Lulling the opposition into a "false" sense of security.

If by Neilson you miss-spelt McNaughton then your right. As for Broadfoot I'd rather play bigfoot if we could prove he had Scottish parents.

I've worked it out. Burley is a genius.

Plays a deadball expert in Maloney and the diving ****e Broadfoot to ensure plenty of free kicks in the opposition half.

Did anyone see Burley's reaction to the Macedonia goal?

Looked like he'd given up all hope of a result, even that early in the game.

Haven't really got a holding player in that midfield.

Up front they three can swap around but if we are looking for an out ball we haven't got a man to bring it down and bring others into the game or win balls in the air.

Up front they three can swap around but if we are looking for an out ball we haven't got a man to bring it down and bring others into the game or win balls in the air.

I reckon Boyd could work quite well in that formation through the middle. Just tell him he's playing for Rangers and send him on.

alwaysthereinspirit

Didn't our national manager basically call him talentless less than a week ago?

We are $#!te.

If that's going to be the formation I would have liked to see this team.

Gordan

Caldwell - Berra - McManus - Naysmith

Fletcher - Hartley - Robson

Maloney - McFadden

Boyd

with Commons & Brown coming off the bench later in the game.

With the exception of Gordon what a selection of duds. If that is the level we've sunk to God help us.

I would have had Hartley in for Brown, or is he injured? Brown was p*** poor on Saturday and with Hartley there we have someone who will chase and harry the opposition and pick out his teammates more ofter than brown did last week.

Gordon, Broadfoot, Caldwell, McManus, Naysmith, Robson, Fletcher, Brown, Commons, Maloney, McFadden.

And people can't get their head around why I think Scotland is a laughing stock. That team is rank rotten.

While I agree that Broadfoot is pish who else is there? Hutton is injured, Alexander is 36, no better and I think hes injured anyway?

For what it's worth i'd have Berra in for Caldwell and drop Scott Brown for Boyd , have Boyd and McFadden up front with Maloney as attacking midfielder...

EDIT:

PS. Looking at that team how the hell did we get so close last time! Its pretty horrific!

Don't know if it's been mentioned on another thread, but are the BBC not get Darren and Steven Fletcher mixed up?

"Scott Brown, Darren Fletcher and Barry Robson will form a three-man midfield with Maloney and Commons flanking McFadden up front.

Miller and McFadden started up front in Saturday's 1-0 defeat to Macedonia.

Fletcher, who has been capped once before, scored twice as the Under 21s beat Slovenia 3-1 on Thursday.

The Hibs forward started Scotland's friendly against Croatia in March and set up Miller's equaliser in the 1-1 draw only to be withdrawn at half-time with a chest injury. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7604013.stm

Miller Jambo 60
I would have had Hartley in for Brown, or is he injured? Brown was p*** poor on Saturday and with Hartley there we have someone who will chase and harry the opposition and pick out his teammates more ofter than brown did last week.

IMO any half decent player Anglo or SPL player playing for Scotland should beat Iceland.

FFS who are they.

IMO any half decent player Anglo or SPL player playing for Scotland should beat Iceland.

FFS who are they.

Spot on.

Scotland is ranked 16th. Iceland is ranked 107th. If we cannot beat them, after failing to beat the 56th ranked team, then the SFA, management and players should do the decent thing and fall on their swords by retiring from international football for ever to save the nation from further embarrassment. :o

Miller Jambo 60
Spot on.

Scotland is ranked 16th. Iceland is ranked 107th. If we cannot beat them, after failing to beat the 56th ranked team, then the SFA, management and players should do the decent thing and fall on their swords by retiring from international football for ever to save the nation from further embarrassment. :o

Too much bonding mate, we might get a reputation:)

Lets go all out and beat the ice cubes.

Spot on.

TMT is the main problem for the team

It just shows how rubbish the rankings are though - we are not a side which ever really was worthy of being ranked so highly and Macedonia are not a bad team - they had some good results in the Euro campaign as could be said the merit being higher than they are.

The People's Chimp
I thought football had died the day he was allowed to play in a major European final.

Now he's getting a full international cap.

Think I might start watching ice hockey again...

Oh it is truly horrible. Clubfoot is just a shocking footballer. Calamity is also a horrorshow and should be nowhere near this scotland side. GTF CALDWELL.

Right i'm going to stick my neck out here and say that I actually quite LIKE the team he's picked. Commons has played well the last two matches so deserves a start, Gordon is still in goals, Maloney looked good when he came on against Macedonia and as Millar was doing so badly I'm glad about that. OK Broadfoots not exactly world class but he had some solid enough games for Rangers in europe and I think he's really the best, FIT, option we have at the moment - although i'll be glad when Huttons back again.

It's quite a brave squad from Burley considering the pressure that's on him - i really hope it pays off for him I think he deserves a better crack at the whip than what he's getting at the moment IMO.

We need taller players up front and in midfield -- a more physical presence is required and I'm afraid we just don't have it in the team named.

Caldwell should have moved to right back and Berra in the middle. Or even Caldwell in midfield to play the holding role.

Boyd at least has some presence about him as well as goalscoring record and should play.

This is a game where power and pace will count and we have neither.

Hope for best but expecting worst.

We need taller players up front and in midfield -- a more physical presence is required and I'm afraid we just don't have it in the team named.

Caldwell should have moved to right back and Berra in the middle. Or even Caldwell in midfield to play the holding role.

Boyd at least has some presence about him as well as goalscoring record and should play.

This is a game where power and pace will count and we have neither.

Hope for best but expecting worst.

TBH i would rather have Broadfoot at CB or RB than caldwell.

Archived