Domestic argument

H J Simpson

Whos at fault  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Whos at fault

• The person who put the Jeans in the wash basket
    • The washer

I need help settling an argument over who's at fault in this circumstance.

Someone puts their jeans in the wash basket and the other half puts them in the wash. It turns out an I-Pod was still in the jeans pocket and has now been damaged as a result of spending an hour in the washing machine.

My question is who's at fault, the person for leaving the I-pod in their jeans when putting the clothes in the wash basket or the washer for not checking the pockets before putting them into the machine.

Cheers

Both. Not that that answer helps. The person should really have taken the i-Pod out first but it does no harm to have a quick check either.

The person who put them into the wash basket.

Anything in there would be deemed for washing and as such all preliminary pre-wash checks should have been made.

That's how I'm told it works in my house...:(

Sorry H J S as I sense that you put them into the wash basket and your other half washed them...but even it was the other way about, you will still be wrong!

Anything in there would be deemed for washing and as such all preliminary pre-wash checks should have been made.

Sorry H J S as I sense that you put them into the wash basket and your other half washed them...but even it was the other way about, you will still be wrong!

Nah, she stuck it in the basket and I washed it. Shes currently trying to get nme to buy her a new one and I'm having none of it!!!

I need help settling an argument over who's at fault in this circumstance.

Someone puts their jeans in the wash basket and the other half puts them in the wash. It turns out an I-Pod was still in the jeans pocket and has now been damaged as a result of spending an hour in the washing machine.

My question is who's at fault, the person for leaving the I-pod in their jeans when putting the clothes in the wash basket or the washer for not checking the pockets before putting them into the machine.

Cheers

There is a website for everything :)

http://www.sidetaker.com

Miller Jambo 60
Nah, she stuck it in the basket and I washed it. Shes currently trying to get nme to buy her a new one and I'm having none of it!!!

Deserves to be pumpted for that , well someone had to say it.

I'd say the one who put it in the basket. It's not the first time stuff's inadvertantly been washed in our house after being in left in pockets etc (although fortunately never anything as expensive as an iPod). Pockets should be emptied BEFORE said garment is put into the washing basket!

If you leave something that expensive in your pockets it's your own fault. The washer can barely be expected to turn every pocket inside out to find things. Even a quick check could miss them.

Why would NME buy a new on?

wasn't their fault... surely.

I'm with Boris on this one... what goes in the basket is for washing.

The putter inner is to blame.sheer laziness not checking own pockets.

Boris this would never happen in your house though, seeing as you are responsible for putting all dirty clothes in basket, then washing them, drying them, ironing them and putting away.

(Whilst Mrs B's down the boozer watching fitbal wi her mates.)

Obviously the womans fault. But more importantly, what are you doing washing your birds clothes?!?! Get her telt you big jessie! ;)

Obviously the womans fault. But more importantly, what are you doing washing your birds clothes?!?! Get her telt you big jessie! ;)

It limits the chances of her finding another girls underwear!!

I done the same as your other half. After coming back from the gym left my I-pod in the pocket.

I took responsibility for it and my mother bought me a new one.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Eh, she is a fault, she is a woman and did not do the washing. In Scottish law that means you are allowed to cheat on her.

trade her in and get a woman that shows you some respect. Failing that see the slap a burd thread and get it slapped.

I'd say the one who put it in the basket. It's not the first time stuff's inadvertantly been washed in our house after being in left in pockets etc (although fortunately never anything as expensive as an iPod). Pockets should be emptied BEFORE said garment is put into the washing basket!

Correct :thumb: It's not that difficult a concept really :rolleyes:

Could it be part of a cunning plan she has to get her hands on one of the new Ipods announced yesterday? I think you should be told!

I would have to say once in washing basket, everything should have been taken out of pockets. Please could someone point this out in my house as i`ve had 2 moblie phones through wash (daughters) drill bits screws and all sorts but i still get the blame, but to me if its in the wash POCKETS SHOULD BE EMPTYED ( pete u reading, u to meg ) :)

that's a cracking site! some of the stories are hilarious, tho the women on it all sound like complete mentalists

I thought all women were mentalists:peek_by_Andrin:

It's the fault of the person who put the jeans in the wash basket. End of.

First time i`ve agreed with a Mod lol, Scotland must have won and i`m a drinking ;)

Templeton Peck

Have to say Mr HJS but I think that it is the person who puts their washing in the basket who is at fault.

Come to a comromise and say that she can buy a replacement and you'll fill the Ipod back up with her favourite songs. Sounds like you do all the manual stuff around the house anyway.

Ps. Whats home insurance for anyway?

The Future's Maroon
Without a doubt their fault.

I remember my Dad left a bookie slip in his jeans and I washed them....of course didnt check the pockets, should have been checked prior to being put in basket - SIMPLE.

Both are at fault.

Two humans had the chance to check the pockets for money/mobiles/ipods etc and both failed.

Ah, despite what I said earlier in the thread you may have a point. Perhaps that household needs more thorough and rigorous risk management protocols to minimise the losses and damage that can potentially occur due to human error.

Ah, despite what I said earlier in the thread you may have a point. Perhaps that household needs more thorough and rigorous risk management protocols to minimise the losses and damage that can potentially occur due to human error.

Loving it.

Perhaps there's a firm of risk analysis consultants could conduct a home-wide survey and draw up a report suggesting a range of control mechanisms that could be instigated.

Archived