Iceland - Scotland

StrikersInstinct

StrikersInstinct

Pretty exited before tonights game, I'll be there of course, hoping for Iceland to cause an upset but I just think Scotland will have to much. I am predicting 3-1 to Scotland. It would be incredible if we would sneak a win and could therefore maybe top the group after tonights game. However very slim chance of that happening.

StrikersInstinct

This comes as a suprice to me considering you topped a group containing Italy, France and the Ukraine for long periods last year and even beat France TWICE. You had a VERY difficult trip to Macedonia in the first game, a real banana skin. They were in the same group as Holland for the Euro2008 and Macedonia was the only team they didnt manage to beat. I think they drew twice. Iceland are in a rebuilding stage after the horrors of our last manager. Ok we drew against Norway but the last time we met them in a qualifying group we beat the both home and away. Maybe we are their banana skin.

This comes as a suprice to me considering you topped a group containing Italy, France and the Ukraine for long periods last year and even beat France TWICE. You had a VERY difficult trip to Macedonia in the first game, a real banana skin. They were in the same group as Holland for the Euro2008 and Macedonia was the only team they didnt manage to beat. I think they drew twice. Iceland are in a rebuilding stage after the horrors of our last manager. Ok we drew against Norway but the last time we met them in a qualifying group we beat the both home and away. Maybe we are their banana skin.

The team looked disorganised and demoralised on Saturday.

The defence looked terrified every time the ball came near them. We lacked creativity and finishing power and our team looked like a bunch of guys struggling to find their own form.

If Iceland play well and as a team, Scotland could be quite easily beaten.

Miller Jambo 60

Re building from what ,the last world cup.

Have you ever qualified for the final stages.

Chad Sexington

We surely cant play as badly as Saturday again...can we? :eek:

I wouldn't be surprised if Scotland get a win tonight. Everyone is on their backs and that might give them a sense of feeling hard done by.

They might actually play a bit tonight.

I'll go for a narrow Scots win.

StrikersInstinct
Re building from what ,the last world cup.

Have you ever qualified for the final stages.

No what I meant was bringing in younger players, there will be an 19 yr old in midfield tonight. No we have never qualified for the final stages and never will but I guess you knew that huh.

No what I meant was bringing in younger players, there will be an 19 yr old in midfield tonight. No we have never qualified for the final stages and never will but I guess you knew that huh.

have we not qualified for the world cup more times than Engerland, might be wrong but i thought i read it some were.:rolleyes:

The last time we played a team that did this (Georgia away) we got horsed and effectively knocked out of qualifying.

Tonight though, I'm going for a 0-0.

Jambof3tornado

Lets hope its a performance like the 2nd half of the macedonia game and not the 1st half.

2-0 scotland. McFuddy and McAnus to score!!;)

Anything less and our world cup dream is over once again!!!

Interesting to see it from an outsiders point of view actually, especially the part about you beating Norway both times last time you had them in qualifying. It provides quite a good counter to the doom and gloom merchants among the press and fans who have been wailing and gnashing their teeth since Saturday.

I was amazed at the amount of people who seemed to think Macedonia would be a walk over, especially away from home in that heat. Anyone with an ounce of knowledge would have been aware that they are a team more than capable of taking points from anyone in the group, Holland included. I've always felt more confident about getting points away in Iceland and Norway due to both teams playing a more 'British' style of football, plus the weather conditions far more likely to be suited to our players.

Having said that, I'm still not that confident about tonight, think it could be 1-1.

Chad Sexington
James McFadden is a lone striker tonight.

Miller dropped. :):):)

Interesting.

4-5-1 it is then. So much for Burley changing Scotland's play to a more attack minded style. :rolleyes:

To be fair to him we don't have the players to go gung-ho anyway so it's probably for the best.

I just hope for his sake we get a result or he might find his head super-imposed onto some kind of root vegetable on the back pages tomorrow. :sad:

Pretty exited before tonights game, I'll be there of course, hoping for Iceland to cause an upset but I just think Scotland will have to much. I am predicting 3-1 to Scotland. It would be incredible if we would sneak a win and could therefore maybe top the group after tonights game. However very slim chance of that happening.

You'll struggle tonight, Scotland (GFA11) have Kirk Broadfoot playing,:eek:

He's like our version of Cafu!!:P

Good luck to you tonight!!

Iceland 2-0 Scotland...

Unfortunately I think we will lose, which really means were out of the world cup already:mad:

?

what a great outlook, 1 game into the campaign. Boooo, you dont get invited to many parties do you Eggo.

Im hoping for a win,dont see why we cant turn em over. An away point wouldnt be disaster, I get the feeling there will be loads of upsets/shocks in this group...for ALL NATIONS. So even a loss doesnt put us out.

Prediction 2-1 for Scotland.

Interesting.

4-5-1 it is then. So much for Burley changing Scotland's play to a more attack minded style. :rolleyes:

To be fair to him we don't have the players to go gung-ho anyway so it's probably for the best.

I just hope for his sake we get a result or he might find his head super-imposed onto some kind of root vegetable on the back pages tomorrow. :sad:

Ive heard its more of a 4-3-3 than a 4-5-1

With Maloney and Commons playing the widemen and Faddy in the middle

So it could be an more attack minded style

Chad Sexington
Ive heard its more of a 4-3-3 than a 4-5-1

With Maloney and Commons playing the widemen and Faddy in the middle

So it could be an more attack minded style

Here's hoping.

I certainly like the look of Commons.

Mind you, if that's the forward line, we haven't got a lot of height.

Has the team been announced then? I cant find a link anywhere.

I think we can pull it off, we have to after the Macedonia result. My folks are over at the game tonight.

Great to see the doom merchants out in force... prob the same guys that moaned they couldn't get a ticket for the Italy game!

C'mon Scotland!

It surprises me as well Striker.....why we do not have any belief in ourselves after a great Euro campaign is beyond me.

But this website is a minefield of negative 'fence sitters' who would rather back the negative angle so they 'arent wrong' and can say 'told you so' after the event rather than stick their necks out.

I suggest you pose the same question on a Tartan Army/Scotland website to get a truer reflection of the Scottish fan....many on here (of the people that can be bothered to post) claim to have no interest in the national team.

Perhaps you are a banana skin tonight, perhaps we will be to Holland, Perhaps Macedonia will be to you....I think the group is very very open abd will be very interesting as it unfolds.

Good Luck.

Lets hope its a performance like the 2nd half of the macedonia game and not the 1st half.

They didn't score in either half. :rolleyes:

J.T.F.Robertson
:P

When Georgie described him as "limited", he obviously meant it as in, "limited to one goal". :rolleyes:

How gash has mcmanus been recently. Supposed to be leading the team aswell :mad:

Scotlands defence is just poor in general these days imo.

Agreed. Excepting CG, I ain't got much confidence in our defence :sad:

I'd say Davie Weir is still our best centre back, but he's slower than Fat Mixu these days. After that Mcmanus is prob the best by far but im not a huge fan of his. Still not convinced by hutton either....

Miller Jambo 60
Agreed. Excepting CG, I ain't got much confidence in our defence :sad:

EEECland what a bunch of ******* can they not sing.At home Dundee utd have a better support:eek:

How gash has mcmanus been recently. Supposed to be leading the team aswell :mad:

told you so. What was he doing with his arm up!? what a d*ck! :mad:

Scotlands defence must be the worst its been in years.

Agreed. Even when we had Hendry/Pressley we had a bit of presence and fighting spirit.

Agreed. Even when we had Hendry/Pressley we had a bit of presence and fighting spirit.

I would take back Hendry just now no matter what age he is!

In fact we should just play the France 98 defence: Weir is one of, if not our best defender at the moment. He's not as good as he was back then. He wasn't first choice back then.

I propose a back line of Gordon - Hutton Hendry Calderwood Boyd for the next game!!

?

what a great outlook, 1 game into the campaign. Boooo, you dont get invited to many parties do you Eggo.

Im hoping for a win,dont see why we cant turn em over. An away point wouldnt be disaster, I get the feeling there will be loads of upsets/shocks in this group...for ALL NATIONS. So even a loss doesnt put us out.

Prediction 2-1 for Scotland.

GENIUS

Archived