MARMARIS - Turkey

Regal Kingston

Regal Kingston

Alright fellow kick backers

Me and a couple of mates are going to book a holiday in Mamaris and are going next week.

Have any Kickbackers been before?

Can anybody recommend any hotels/nightspots/pubs/restaurants ?

Cheers

Me and a couple of mates are going to book a holiday in Mamaris and are going next week.

Cheers

Went in july and can recommend Club Anastasia hotel mate.

Turkey's answer to Blackpool - which is fine if you like that sort of thing, but it's not the "real" Turkey. If you're going with a group of mates for the clubs and nightlife, then it'll probably be right up your street. I love Turkey, but hate Marmaris!

Turkey's answer to Blackpool - which is fine if you like that sort of thing, but it's not the "real" Turkey. If you're going with a group of mates for the clubs and nightlife, then it'll probably be right up your street. I love Turkey, but hate Marmaris!

Have to agree with you there.

I went with my wife and two kids having been to Icmeler the previous year.

I felt in Marmaris everyone was too much in your face where as Icmeler was a lot more laid back.Could not fault the hotel though.

Have to agree with you there.

I went with my wife and two kids having been to Icmeler the previous year.

I felt in Marmaris everyone was too much in your face where as Icmeler was a lot more laid back.Could not fault the hotel though.

Icmeler is the place for me - officially adopted as my new second home! :angel:

Icmeler is the place for me - officially adopted as my new second home! :angel:

I would def go back to Icmeler,where do you stay when there?.

I stayed at the golmar Beach which is up at the end beside Deniz Kapisis,p*** poor hotel avoid at all costs.

I would def go back to Icmeler,where do you stay when there?.

I stayed at the golmar Beach which is up at the end beside Deniz Kapisis,p*** poor hotel avoid at all costs.

Apparently the Golmar Beach is pretty much just being used as accommodation for bar/restaurant staff now, or so I've been told.

We stayed in apartments when we were there in June, but we're going to the Eda Hotel in October, which is run by the same family who ran the Esenkoy Hotel, where we stayed last October - they're lovely people.

Apparently the Golmar Beach is pretty much just being used as accommodation for bar/restaurant staff now, or so I've been told.

We stayed in apartments when we were there in June, but we're going to the Eda Hotel in October, which is run by the same family who ran the Esenkoy Hotel, where we stayed last October - they're lovely people.

Not surprised to hear that about the golmar.

I had a look for next june(that's when my annual leave is next year) for the Marmaris Palace on the road between Icmeler and Marmaris and it was coming in at 2100 for the four of us 5 star all inclusive but i think it might be too snooty for my liking.

Cheers

I'm guessing this is a lads holiday? If so, as nice as Icmeler is I'd say its not the ideal place for a group of guys, its a much quieter/family place. Stick to Marmaris. For a good night out I always hit Bar street. Avoid beach front-its mainly full of Brit jakeys from Glasgow/Manchester etc. (Ibrox bar is there too, need I say more) Bar street's a bit more pricey but worth it I think. Lots of different nationalities drink there (Scandies, Dutch, Germans etc as well as locals). Beware the Russian hookers, though :eek: !!! My favourite bars are

B52s (you'll always find scantily clad birds dancing on the bar in here!) and Backstreet Garden.

As for food, it depends what you're after. There's loads, you can choose from: cheap and cheerful (some great wee kebab places in and around the Bazaar) or a bit more up-market (try Dede restaurant at the Marina).

Anyway, wherever you end up have a great time! :)

Regal Kingston
I'm guessing this is a lads holiday? If so, as nice as Icmeler is I'd say its not the ideal place for a group of guys, its a much quieter/family place. Stick to Marmaris. For a good night out I always hit Bar street. Avoid beach front-its mainly full of Brit jakeys from Glasgow/Manchester etc. (Ibrox bar is there too, need I say more) Bar street's a bit more pricey but worth it I think. Lots of different nationalities drink there (Scandies, Dutch, Germans etc as well as locals). Beware the Russian hookers, though :eek: !!! My favourite bars are

B52s (you'll always find scantily clad birds dancing on the bar in here!) and Backstreet Garden.

As for food, it depends what you're after. There's loads, you can choose from: cheap and cheerful (some great wee kebab places in and around the Bazaar) or a bit more up-market (try Dede restaurant at the Marina).

Anyway, wherever you end up have a great time! :)

Aye its just me and two mates looking for a late summer holiday. Fancied Turkey as it will still be roasting this time of year. Thanks for all the tips/advice. Was in Thailand last year so avoiding Russian hookers will be a simple compared the ladyboys of ****et!

Doctor FinnBarr
Aye its just me and two mates looking for a late summer holiday. Fancied Turkey as it will still be roasting this time of year. Thanks for all the tips/advice. Was in Thailand last year so avoiding Russian hookers will be a simple compared the ladyboys of ****et!

Going on the 25th.

:)

I was there in July. Its superb, never seen any Russian hookers and drunk mainly along the prom which was excellent. No jakies when I was there. Grubs really good as well.

Things to watch out for

• Imported beer is a lot dearer - Efes is the local brand which is really good
    • One bar ran out of Efes one night and filled up a pint glass with the dregs from the bottles they'd just collected
    • Every Turk claims to know someone from Scotland - especially Kirkintilloch for some reason.
    • If you're buying bottled water make sure the seal isn't broken. One of my mates is sure he had a dodgy bottle. He reaslised this sitting on the bog the next day
    • The Turks are randy buggers and want all the birds to themselves. They don't take kindly to the Brits cutting their grass. I know one guy who got a punch in the mouth. I also had to tell one of them to f88k off
    • Hotel Sun Gezgin doesn't take kindly to you bringing a bird back
    • One guy (not me) ended up buying some mint to smoke instead of something else if

you get my drift

Enjoy

Archived