Celtic Away

DaveCTFC87

Hi lads & lasses first post here!

Won't bore you too much but Im a bit of an exile stuck down in England at Uni in Bristol, born in Edinburgh but we moved down to Cheltenham in the early 90's. My dad's a die-hard and had a season ticket for over 30 years and has brought me up to be a jambo which im more than happy with!

I get to as many games a year as i can, mainly home games as a mate of mine is a season ticket holder in the Wheatfield.

Anyways im coming up in December for Celtic away as its a game i've wanted to go to for ages. Just wondering what its like as an away day? Is it one people look forward to? or dread? Heard the OF stewarding can be a bit heavy handed at times?

I've been to a few dodgy away grounds with Cheltenham down my way like Milwall, Cardiff , Swansea etc just wondering how hostile i can expect it to be!?!?!

cheers

Third class area of Glasgow, no local welcoming pubs and a support who hate you without even knowing you as you represent the 'dark side'.

Police and stewards who lie, cheat and invent stories to get you in to trouble just because they feel like it.

They will steal your camera phones and intimidate anyone who tries to stand up to them.

You do feel like you are surrounded by some of the worst people Scotland has to offer -- look out for the throat cutting signs and threats to kill you -- all in all a great day out.

Everything that was said above, but would emphasise the heavy handed policing even more.

Sit down and shut up. Anything more than that and you could well get lifted.

Dave, My brother also moved down to Cheltenham many years ago, he too is and always will be a true Jambo. Very handy place to stay come March for the festival though.

Heard the OF stewarding can be a bit heavy handed at times?

Last time was murder with the cops and stewards. :mad:

However, some self-appointed crusaders on here were compiling a dossier on the unacceptable treatment meted out and were going to present it to Hearts, Strathclyde police and ra sellik (who provide their own stewards) in order to get things changed. They were very vocal on here and although I've heard nothing of the outcome, I'm sure they've been successful and our next visit will be a happy clappy hug-fest with the jolly craicsters, police and stewards. :rolleyes:

Hi lads & lasses first post here!

Won't bore you too much but Im a bit of an exile stuck down in England at Uni in Bristol, born in Edinburgh but we moved down to Cheltenham in the early 90's. My dad's a die-hard and had a season ticket for over 30 years and has brought me up to be a jambo which im more than happy with!

I get to as many games a year as i can, mainly home games as a mate of mine is a season ticket holder in the Wheatfield.

Anyways im coming up in December for Celtic away as its a game i've wanted to go to for ages. Just wondering what its like as an away day? Is it one people look forward to? or dread? Heard the OF stewarding can be a bit heavy handed at times?

I've been to a few dodgy away grounds with Cheltenham down my way like Milwall, Cardiff , Swansea etc just wondering how hostile i can expect it to be!?!?!

cheers

One of the best away days of the season if you can handle being treated poorly by glasgows finest.

The fans that make the journey are usually in good voice.

Although we have always been treated badly at Darkheid I feel it has now become unbearable since the whole pope booing incident. I've seen people thrown out of Parkhead for shouting at a Hearts player. The stewards, police and lowest rung of society supporters try their best to spoil it but there aren't many better feelings than a win at Parkhead!!!

However, some self-appointed crusaders on here were compiling a dossier on the unacceptable treatment meted out and were going to present it to Hearts, Strathclyde police and ra sellik (who provide their own stewards) in order to get things changed. They were very vocal on here and although I've heard nothing of the outcome, I'm sure they've been successful and our next visit will be a happy clappy hug-fest with the jolly craicsters, police and stewards. :rolleyes:

Surely you mean huddle-fest.

Like you, I can't wait to enjoy the craic with the best fans in the world :eek:

Although we have always been treated badly at Darkheid I feel it has now become unbearable since the whole pope booing incident. I've seen people thrown out of Parkhead for shouting at a Hearts player. The stewards, police and lowest rung of society supporters try their best to spoil it but there aren't many better feelings than a win at Parkhead!!!

I can understand why TGFITW might resent us EVEN more since then, but the Police have no such excuse !

What an own goal that was of course ...........but that's been done to death on here at the time.

As regards the dossier, I'm pretty sure this was raised with the Federation again and we are probably waiting a response from the Strathclyde Police. I doubt they will be in any hurry to do so though as the 'policing' on the day was indefensible by the sound of it

Hearts provide their own stewards as well at Parkhead together with a LB police liasion officer.

Cheers for the response guys, pretty much what i expected!

Really not used to heavy handed police & stewards in England as its more a matter of being left to it unless you persistently stand or throw stuff onto the pitch. What kind of things are people lifted for?! To be honest you can get away with murder down here as long as you don't enter the field of play!!!

How many Jambos usually make the trip to Parkhead?

By the sounds of it, its one of those away days where you look to get in and get out asap?!

What kind of things are people lifted for?! QUOTE]

The main 'offence' would appear to be breathing.

Although being from the capital city is a close second

Fozzyonthefence

How many Jambos usually make the trip to Parkhead?

Think we only get about 900 tickets for Beirut. Not sure if HMFC will be billing CFC for the 5% handling charge that the OF are charging everyone else for selling away tickets though.

Archived