The School end

Colonel Kurtz

Colonel Kurtz

just discusing that jamie mole has never scored at the gorgie road end

Dont think that Skacel managed a goal at that end either.

Got onto the debate that most of our crucial goals were scored at the School end.

Donald Ford against rangers

Wee Robbos first ever and best goal against Hibs,and to knock the Tims out of the cup

Ian ferguson aginst Bayern.

Conversely the goals aginst Kilmarnock which cost us the league were in the Gorgie road end.

Is there a pattern

complete nonsense pal

Certainly not nonsense over the last few years I have had my ST in Section B. We constantly bemoan the lack of goals at the Gorgie End.

Colonel Kurtz
complete nonsense pal - rudi scored plenty in front of me in lower G

Did he?

Rudi was mostly a first half player and we more than often played into the school end first half

The goals which we scored against Motherwell to avoid relegation were also into the school end

Commander Harris

Got onto the debate that most of our crucial goals were scored at the School end.

Wee Robbos first ever and best goal against Hibs,and to knock the Tims out of the cup

Conversely the goals aginst Kilmarnock which cost us the league were in the Gorgie road end.

Is there a pattern

Rudi scored his first and only goal into the gorgie end playing in Robbies testimonial. :)

Colonel Kurtz
Rudi scored his first goal into the gorgie end playing in Robbies testimonial. :)

So did Moley but I was meaning competitive goals

Commander Harris
So did Moley but I was meaning competitive goals

I know. It was just a wee interesting (I thought) extension to your comments. :)

Is there a pattern

im sure mole scored in to the gorgie stand in a 4v0 against dundee utd a couple of seasons ago in what was beslija's best game he had for us

Colonel Kurtz
im sure mole scored in to the gorgie stand in a 4v0 against dundee utd a couple of seasons ago in what was beslija's best game he had for us

dont think so

Commander Harris

he certainly scored late on in that game, and in the second half we'd usually be going towards the gorgie so that's a possiblility.

Colonel Kurtz
CL Qualifying goal - Gorgie Road end.

Conspiracy theory over!

penalties dont count...the truth is still out there

Better call Saul
dont think so

Dont think it was the Utd game am sure it was an I.C.T game he scored main stand side of goal and the ball went in the roof of the net .

winston churchill

wee jose scored in injury time to make it 1-1 against ra sellik.i seem to remember him diving into the crowd.

austin mccann also scored a 25 yarder and nearly ripped the net off.

wee jose scored in injury time to make it 1-1 against ra sellik.i seem to remember him diving into the crowd.

Also Austin McCann's wonder goal against Celtic.

I seem to remember that being a penalty at the School End??

Don't think so. Hartley's pen was into the Gorgie Road end. Driver also scored his first goal there and it was a peach - after coming on as a sub.

The People's Chimp

3 of MDV's 4 at GRE

McCann to prevent sellick winning the league...........pretty good

thanks. :)

will never tire of seeing that.

John Colquhoun "fluke"* v Ra Sellick in 87/88 whistled into the Gorgie Road end goal.

Jamie mac v Killie in the Cup 2006. (iirc)

* - © Billy McNeill

Mole and Hartley's goals in the 4-0 game were at the School End.

We shot back to front in that game; Beslija's 'wonder cross' was at the Gorgie End.

Charlie-Brown
he certainly scored late on in that game, and in the second half we'd usually be going towards the gorgie so that's a possiblility.

It was only a 50% possibility but in that game we faced the gorgie end first half & school end 2nd half.:)

Commander Harris
It was only a 50% possibility but in that game we faced the gorgie end first half & school end 2nd half.:)

not quite 50%/50% NMH, as we almost always shoot towards the school end first.

Unless Pressley is the opposing captain of course ;)

Rudi scored 2 against Livi at the Gorgie Road End

No he didnt

the only time he scored in to the gorgie end was at robbies testimonial

With so few goals Jamie Mole should perhaps be scoring a few more before getting lauded by his mentor, one feels his days as No 1 striker are numbered.

I hope not as i am a Hearts man but thats my opinion.

Bednar's 2 against Celtic, including that great through ball from Lennon. (Should of course have been 3 - and all in the GRE).

We_are_the_Hearts

When I have played at Tynie I have always found it easier shooting to the school end. When shooting to the Gorgie Road End the goals seem to dip away from you. You can't notice it from the stands, only when playing. Nothing major but enough to make it different from shooting the other way.

Sorry, but in front of lower G would surely be the school/Roseburn end, would it not? :rolleyes:

Miko's goal to win the match against Hibs 2-1, when we were labeled a pub team by square heid. :eek:

Miko`s goal in the 3-2 V Hobos at newyear-ISH, Dean Shiels sent off for mugging CG.

I'm in Upper G and thats the School End ....... as was!

With so few goals Jamie Mole should perhaps be scoring a few more before getting lauded by his mentor, one feels his days as No 1 striker are numbered.

I hope not as i am a Hearts man but thats my opinion.

one feels a bit like Simon Cowell when one is described as a mentor

Archived