Glynn Snodin Vs Velez Mostar

JT Wooks

Can anyone remember the free kick he scored in the dying minutes at a packed tynie. top corner beauty. The crazy corner went ballistic! My 1st european tie. What an experience that was!

if i remember right was the score 4-3 to us??? cant remeber if that was the agg score or the score on the night???

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
It was actually against Slavia Prague. We won 4-2 on the night and 4-3 on aggregate I think.

Correct. It also wasn't as late in the game as many people think. There were still about 11 or 12 minutes to go. It was a feckin' magical moment though. I was in the Gorgie Road end with two other Hearts fans and, ahem, a Hibbie. Even the Hibbie was cheering when that went in. What a night.

92 it was.

I was in Frankfurt and danced a wee jig of joy, much to the bemusement of passers-by, as I read the scoreline in the following day's European Guardian.

sorry boys i had it as velez mostar for some reason. and yes what a night!

what year was it???

Was it no Mikey Galloway scored a cracker against Velez Mostar?

:)

HillmanHearts
Was it no Mikey Galloway scored a cracker against Velez Mostar?

:)

JC, Eamonn & Mikey - On route to the UEFA 1/4s against the mighty Bayern in Munchen

I remember being in Mostar for the 2nd leg.... atmosphere was one of the worst I have experienced. Some clown in the Hearts end gave a Nazi salute to them and they went 'native'. :eek:

92 it was.

I was in Frankfurt and danced a wee jig of joy, much to the bemusement of passers-by, as I read the scoreline in the following day's European Guardian.

PT.

Pfffttt.

:cool:

I got knocked down outside Diggers the night of the home tie. Broken nose, smashed knee cap and a few bruises. Off work for 5 Months but fit and ready for Munich the following year.

Slavia prague, what a match that was, i remember being bounced from the back of the shed almost onto the pitch when that goal went in, good times :)

GlynnSnodin4-2

My first game at Tynie:)

It was an absolute peach I was standing in line with the corner it curled in to.

Unforgetable night atmosphere was fantastic.

My first game at Tynie:)

It was an absolute peach I was standing in line with the corner it curled in to.

Unforgetable night atmosphere was fantastic.

Curled it????? He hammered the ball into the net, it got stuck in the stanchion.

Curled it????? He hammered the ball into the net, it got stuck in the stanchion.

Correct.

I am sure the goal is on youtube somewhere.

I missed the Slavia Prague match as I moved to Italy the day before.

I remember us getting a crucial late goal against Velez Mostar to give us a 3-0 1st leg advantage though.

I remember being in Mostar for the 2nd leg.... atmosphere was one of the worst I have experienced. Some clown in the Hearts end gave a Nazi salute to them and they went 'native'. :eek:

I had a look round the Mostar stadium when we played Siroki Brijeg a couple seasons ago. It was really run down, but I could see how it could be intimidating. A lot of the locals remembered that game.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Watched it from the Gorgie Road end as Snodin smashed it in. I also remember Eamonn Bannon megging a very young Patrick Berger in front of the dugout. I really hope Baldy Bannon called it. Berger rinsed!!!

It was actually against Slavia Prague. We won 4-2 on the night and 4-3 on aggregate I think.

I have the video of that match. Archie does the commentary. Goal a peach, atmosphere brilliant.

GlynnSnodin4-2

Lol - shows you what the memory does for you. All i can remember is seeing it going in the top corner. I haven't seen the goal since 1992. Was that the smae game that Scott Crabbe left & through his jersey into the shed?

I missed the Slavia Prague match as I moved to Italy the day before.

I remember us getting a crucial late goal against Velez Mostar to give us a 3-0 1st leg advantage though.

3-1. I think.

We_are_the_Hearts
3-1. I think.

Defo 3-0 and 4 - 2 on Agg. Bannon, Galloway and JC right at the death. Rememebr JC jumped on the fence at the School end after his goal!!

Defo 3-0 and 4 - 2 on Agg. Bannon, Galloway and JC right at the death. Rememebr JC jumped on the fence at the School end after his goal!!

I think you are right - JC on the fence rings a bell.

Apologies to Interista.

Lol - shows you what the memory does for you. All i can remember is seeing it going in the top corner. I haven't seen the goal since 1992. Was that the smae game that Scott Crabbe left & through his jersey into the shed?

think Crabbe was an unused sub that night. On the bright side though when he left we got Allan Preston :P

I was in a packed shed that night...

When wee Snodin lined up to take the free kick I went mental and shouted "Get away fae there you - you canne kick the ba' that far never mind hit the target....!"

The rest as they say is history - I was getting pelters from everyone within about 10 yards of me after the celebrations died down! Great days.

My memory might be a wee bit skewed but I seem to remember some quality "Gorgie Wave" moments in that game too?

I think you are right - JC on the fence rings a bell.

Apologies to Interista.

I remember thinking that 2-0 might not have been enough but that a 3-0 lead would almost certainly have seen us through.

Given the hostile atmosphere in Mostar, I think that 3rd goal by JC was indeed crucial.

I have the video of that match. Archie does the commentary. Goal a peach, atmosphere brilliant.

I also have it on VHS..................Pity I no longer have a video recorder :o

I also have it on VHS..................Pity I no longer have a video recorder :o

There was not much on TV about this match as David Murray took over the huns and the weegie media were far more interested in that than a Scottish success in europe!

My dad wrote a letter to STV to complain about it as he obviously wanted to see his son lead Hearts out with Gary Mackay. They apologised and sent my dad a copy of the game.

Normally back then Mascots would be invited into the dressing room after the game.... however as I was only 5 at the time they said it was to rowdy that night for me and invited me back for a training session at Tynie instead. It was magic!

I remember thinking that 2-0 might not have been enough but that a 3-0 lead would almost certainly have seen us through.

Given the hostile atmosphere in Mostar, I think that 3rd goal by JC was indeed crucial.

I was at the game but did Galloway score in Mostar?

You probably watched the game live via teletext.

Pfft.

Ouch - such rapier wit....:rolleyes:

Keep forgetting you're that wee bit older than me so understandable that you've started to forget things occasionally.

Just wait until you start wetting yourself...:eek:

I was in the shed and when that went in the place went even more mental than normal. I started somewhere near the back and was carried, pushed and pulled right to near the corner flag. Mental. Bring back the terraces.

was at both legs. They scored a free kick from about 45 yards out in the first game in the last ten minutes but the home game was brilliant.

Am I right in thinking it was Berger who got Red carded at Tynecastle? I know they got a sending off and I have it in my head it was him.

Archived