Are you registered as an organ donor?

Craigieboy

Are you registered as an organ donor?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you registered as an organ donor?

• Yes
    • No

I have been a registered donor since i was eighteen, I know i won't have a need for any part of my body when i'm dead and my family know what i want. (sometimes family can block the wishes of a doner, so tell them what you wish)

Whatever is left of me can be burned and then scattered on tynecastle park.

Well done the OP for highlighting the donor scheme.

I've just registered. Should have done it years ago as i've been a blood donor for years. My dad has recently had a liver transplant so it does make sense to register as someone has donated for my father.

organ donation is something that iv considered but never got round to registering, now that the op has posted a link i,ll get registered today.

I used to carry a donor card...Lost it when my wallet was stolen. Will register though...BUT, they can't touch my eyes...I seriously would not want them taking my eyes. I know I'll be dead, But......... :eek:

It's great that you guys are wanting to register.

Takes about 2 minutes and then 3 months later you get a card to place in your wallet/purse.

I P Knightley
I used to carry a donor card...Lost it when my wallet was stolen. Will register though...BUT, they can't touch my eyes...I seriously would not want them taking my eyes. I know I'll be dead, But......... :eek:

You wouldn't want some poor bloke given the gift of sight only to start having nightmares about what you see in the bathroom mirror!

Personally, fully donored up. No one would want my eyes but they'd come with up to 3 month supplies of contact lenses!

organ donation is something that i've considered but never got round to registering.

thanks cragieboy for posting link, as i've now registered, will get john to register too, not that they want much from him:rolleyes:

organ donation is something that i've considered but never got round to registering.

thanks cragieboy for posting link, as i've now registered, will get john to register too, not that they want much from him:rolleyes:

I'd take John's liver, I reckon it's got a month or two left in it!

Since the 1980s, Belgium has operated an opt out system where you are naturally registered as a donor and have to notify the authorities should you wish to withdraw. i think in Spain it is the same. Copying this idea was mooted by an MSP a few years back, and I think the UK government is considering its introduction, as there is a worrying lack of registered donors; Scotland has extremely low donation rates. Would anyone favour this?

Since the 1980s, Belgium has operated an opt out system where you are naturally registered as a donor and have to notify the authorities should you wish to withdraw. i think in Spain it is the same. Copying this idea was mooted by an MSP a few years back, and I think the UK government is considering its introduction, as there is a worrying lack of registered donors; Scotland has extremely low donation rates. Would anyone favour this?

yup, I would. Most folk are happy to donate, but not prepared to be proactive about it.

Well done for posting this and bringing it to folks ntion directly.

For those a bit sqeamish about doing it (I have spoke to folk like that) just think, if you were in need of an organ you would be so relieved and happy to receive one, so why not do that for someone else.

I have been signed up for a few years and carry my card. I have also made sure my brother and sister in law who are my next of kin are aware of my feelings and I know should anything happen to me will make sure my wishes are met. I even told them to remind the hospital about it in case my wallet isn't on me and there is anything wrong with the data base when they click into it!

Not sure there are many organs that will be worth it (god knows what my liver is like, and my eyesight is crappier than the average linesman in Scotland...well maybe not quite THAT bad:)) but hey at least there is an option.

I've been an organ donor since I was old enough to register. There are a lot of people blighted by illness and disability out there, and the least I can do is offer them a chance of help after I've pegged it. I wouldn't donate my body to medical research, but I've no problem with bits of it being used to help others.

Been through it when we donated the organs of my Son ,Who passed away .

Wouldn't do it again in all honesty. In the end we were told by our Doctor (GP) that the donor consultant had forgotten to do a blood test for hepatitis and a perfectly working heart had to be destroyed. WHAT A WASTE. Also its bad enough having lost someone so close to you ,bearing in mind that my Son had only died hours previous. We found the organ donor co-ordinator to be forceful in asking for eyes ,pancreas, and ligaments. We donated all my sons vital organs , i.e Heart , Liver , Lungs etc.

But believe Me , it,s a bloody awful thing to go through.

Miller Jambo 60

Wouldn't do it again in all honesty. In the end we were told by our Doctor (GP) that the donor consultant had forgotten to do a blood test for hepatitis and a perfectly working heart had to be destroyed. WHAT A WASTE. Also its bad enough having lost someone so close to you ,bearing in mind that my Son had only died hours previous. We found the organ donor co-ordinator to be forceful in asking for eyes ,pancreas, and ligaments. We donated all my sons vital organs , i.e Heart , Liver , Lungs etc.

That is sad bud,but you did try and you never know what is round the corner till youve been there.

Doug.

Very sad mate.

i never got round to registering but always carried a card in my purse til it was nicked (the purse, not the card) a while back

my family all know i'd want anything of use, to be used though.

i'll register now though

That's tragic and frustrating, especially at a time when you were going through the loss of your precious boy.

I'm sorry.

It doesn't put me off registering personally, it might put me off allowing my kids organs to be used should the worst happen to them though.

I have never understood the eyes thing ? Not getting at anyone who has made that choice it is up to you. Great that you are donating everything else. :)

I just have never had it explained to me so that is makes sense. I don't get how you can be fine with someone tearing your heart out but if they touch your eyes you would go ballistic. Even though you couldn't, because you would be dead, and without a heart. :eek:

Can someone give me an idea please ? Just never been able to work it out.

Cheers

You wouldn't want some poor bloke given the gift of sight only to start having nightmares about what you see in the bathroom mirror!

Personally, fully donored up. No one would want my eyes but they'd come with up to 3 month supplies of contact lenses!

Cheeky ^^^^ :eek:

Registered now!! Still not getting my eyes though!!

I can't even put contact lenses in, I HATE the thought of me or anyone else touching my eyes...I can't watch anyone put contacts in...I Need ferkin help.:cool:

Respect all and any views on this, on a personal take as they are either going to burn me or bury me I we rather some good came from it all.

Im fully donored up. Eyes, organs and anything else they care to take from me. They are of no use to me when ive croaked it, so I hope they can be put to good use for someone else.

My family know what my thoughts are on the subject and ive have no religious beliefs to stop anyone putting some kind of challenge in that way.

I've been an organ donor since I was old enough to register. There are a lot of people blighted by illness and disability out there, and the least I can do is offer them a chance of help after I've pegged it. I wouldn't donate my body to medical research, but I've no problem with bits of it being used to help others.

What Organs have you donated so far?? :P

they can't touch my eyes...I seriously would not want them taking my eyes. I know I'll be dead, But......... :eek:

im the same have what they like except my eyes. I want to see god...

I registered as an Organ donor when I got my driving license, all but my lungs as their goosed.

I'm sure it was my driving license but may have been when I renewed my passport.

I'm not sure when this was introduced but had it not been on the form I probably would have never got round to it, even though i give blood as soon as my reminder comes through.

I would expect that the number of peple wil have increased since they introduced this.

I P Knightley
Cheeky ^^^^ :eek:

Registered now!! Still not getting my eyes though!!

I can't even put contact lenses in, I HATE the thought of me or anyone else touching my eyes...I can't watch anyone put contacts in...I Need ferkin help.:cool:

:sneaky:

I'm going to go round your bit after you croak and wiggle your eyeballs with my fingers. :brows:

:pouick::teu49:

Archived