Professor.Arturo

Is Kello the man?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is Kello the man?

• Aye
    • Naw
    • Jury still out

Professor.Arturo

From what I have seen so far, I reckon he'll be a very good keeper for us. Maybe a bit premature but he looks very confident and competant.

Opinions?

Missed the Airdrie game.

He was competent against St Mirren in a game where he had nothing to do. But he did have a cracking game against Hamilton. Seems more prepared to come out for the ball than any goalie we've had since Henry. He's not been tested with too many shots yet though?

He is definitely not a Kurskis though.

Don't want to stir up an old argument but Kello is another player brought in by Vlad and not by the manager therefore I personally don't think he should be here. On paper sounds great, internationalist, CL experience but that had nowt to do with his arrival, he was at Kaunas, and Vlad brought him for Csaba to play

This seasons Kurskis, or so I read on here.

:rolleyes:

He got a hard time of it at first because he came from Kaunas but he is starting to get a bit of backing from the rational supporters so that can only be a good thing.

Too early to tell if he is a top keeper though.

alwaysthereinspirit
Don't want to stir up an old argument but Kello is another player brought in by Vlad and not by the manager therefore I personally don't think he should be here. On paper sounds great, internationalist, CL experience but that had nowt to do with his arrival, he was at Kaunas, and Vlad brought him for Csaba to play

Good to know you dont want to stir up an old argument but seeing as your on here anyway................

The party line these days is that Csaba is happy to work with Romanov and take advantage of the Kaunas players that Hearts have at its disposal. But Csaba is under no obligation to play these players.

If thats the case then we should be ok. As long as we send back the ones that don't make it.

He's done nothing wrong since he's came into the team. However I do feel sorry for Jamie McDonald as he didn't deserve to be dropped after his performance against rangers. Couldn't really fault him for either goal and made 1 or 2 good saves. Not really been given a fair crack of the whip. He may have to leave Tynie permanently for his career to progress.

Its still early days, so the jury is still out, though I'm quietly optimistic about Kello.

Agree with that.

Guest JamboRobbo
He's done nothing wrong since he's came into the team. However I do feel sorry for Jamie McDonald as he didn't deserve to be dropped after his performance against rangers. Couldn't really fault him for either goal and made 1 or 2 good saves. Not really been given a fair crack of the whip. He may have to leave Tynie permanently for his career to progress.

Agreed. Kello's looked fine so far, but MacDonald had been waiting for his chance, then took it when it came. So he should've been given his opportunity until he made a mistake at least.

I do think Kello looks like he'll be a good goalie, just question why Macdonald wasn't given a fair chance.

vote the jury is still out simply because he's only played a couple of games for us.

i like him, and think he looks like he could do the business, but i'd rather say what i think after i've seen him a few more times

Kello's looked sharp and ready when called upon so far. I was impressed by his performance against Hamilton, particularly when he came out to close the angle and make the save when Hearts were 1 or 2 up.

He's going to have competition though, and I wouldn't be against seeing Macdonald if he makes a mistake, or maybe more likely Balogh. If Balogh turns out to be half decent however then Csaba has done a great job on improving our goalkeeper situation.

Don't forget that we had Banks and Basso before Csaba came back, with Kurskis ready to fly in if needed. It's looking stronger these days though:p

From what I have seen so far, I reckon he'll be a very good keeper for us. Maybe a bit premature but he looks very confident and competant.

Opinions?

You should not discuss people's non-footballing medical problems on this MB...:eek:

Charlie-Brown

Kello looks like a decent keeper on the evidence so far but still too early to say if he should be given the No.1 jersey permanently especially as we've only seen 90 minutes of MacDonald where he did nothing wrong and nothing at all yet of Balogh.

Kello's looked sharp and ready when called upon so far. I was impressed by his performance against Hamilton, particularly when he came out to close the angle and make the save when Hearts were 1 or 2 up.

He's going to have competition though, and I wouldn't be against seeing Macdonald if he makes a mistake, or maybe more likely Balogh. If Balogh turns out to be half decent however then Csaba has done a great job on improving our goalkeeper situation.

Don't forget that we had Banks and Basso before Csaba came back, with Kurskis ready to fly in if needed. It's looking stronger these days though:p

Preliminary first impression of Balogh watching him at half time at Hamilton was that he guddled everything he got near, and he didn't get near too many of the shots. Not fair to judge on a warm up :eek: but he didn't strike me as having the greatest of hand-eye coordination!

tommythejambo

Jury still out as you can't really judge a goalie after 2/3 games when he hasn't had that much to do.

Looked decent enough in the matches against St. Midden and Hamilton.

We'll have to see how he performs in a real pressure situation to judge just how good he really is.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
This seasons Kurskis, or so I read on here.

:rolleyes:

Maybe you should start thinking for yourself then...;)

I think he has shown the potential to be a top keeper in the SPL.

His shot stopping is good, he is good with cross balls, he controls his areas, his kicking has been decent and his distribution is top notch!

Jury is still out but the outlook is promising.

He has a commanding presense and a confidence that McDonald wasn't showing. Hopefully McDonald will get that with age.

Guest jambomickey
Agreed. Kello's looked fine so far, but MacDonald had been waiting for his chance, then took it when it came. So he should've been given his opportunity until he made a mistake at least.

I do think Kello looks like he'll be a good goalie, just question why Macdonald wasn't given a fair chance.

spot on mate! jamie mcdonald deserved a run in the team after playing at ibrox

We need more of a run of games to determine

But then Jamie Mac needed more of a run of games to determine whether he should be No1

I dont personally recall Kello getting a hard time.

I do remember the process by which he arrived to have caused debate. I remember the process by which Jamie Mac was dumped to give the Kaunas guy a place in the team was debated

He's doing a good enough job so far. As was Banks, as did Jamie Mac for one game.

I guess we'll never know how he measures up to Jamie or Banogh.

Archived