will hearts buck the trend on saturday

iaing

Falkirk on saturday, whilst they aren't doing too well and don't have any points, what is the one thing we generally give teams in that position? 3 points. I'm hoping after a decent start we can put this one to bed and claim a good win against a team who with all due respect we should be beating in most cases. But, something in the back of my mind just has a nagging doubt that our past record against teams at the bottom of the league means that we will hand them 3 points.

loveofthegame

I'm going to stay positive. I think we'll have enough to take at least a point. Can't wait for the game personally, hate these international breaks.

I think that the players are buying into shabba's style and for the best part we have started to see that in recent games, i.e. we are dominating in matches but fail to convert even a small percentage of chances, if we were to hit a lucky streak during a match then it could be embarressing for some teams.

Falkirk like to play on the deck which requires space and time, so much will depend on our ability to deny them this throughout the 90 minutes. I don't know if Latapy will be fit, but our players have habitually appeared bamboozled when confronted by Falkirk's diminutive playmakers. Kevin McAllister had the same effect when he played, and Latapy again turned a fixture last year after being introduced. The Hearts will need to be as snappy in the tackle in the 91st minute as the 1st, so we'll probably need to score early and then use substitutes in the central midfield to close them out.

bit worried bout this one myself..thought falkirk were going to do well this year and dont think they will be sitting with 0 points for much longer.

if we start converting some of the chances we are creating though we should win

This is as hard a time we will get to take on Falkirk.

Our players have been away playing international football games and now we have to come together with only a couple of days training.

Falkirk will be up for this one, needing the points with two weeks of practice together.

I don't see how it should be seen as a walk in the park fo our players.

This game couldn't have really come at a worst time for us. Falkirk will by dying to get some points in the bag and have probably being gearing up for it over the last two weeks. Meanwhile quite a few of our squad have been off on international duty. Like the OP mentions Hearts have a horrible tendency to be the team that teams on a losing streak buck the trend against. Similarly newly promoted teams often do well against us. God knows why this is, but I'm hoping Csaba will be able to re-group the squad come Thurs/Fri (?) to enable us to take all 3 points come Saturday. 'mon the JT's!

Chad Sexington

I'm actually fairly confident we'll get a win.

Falkirk have zero points for a reason...they've been pish.

The way Falkirk like to knock it about, similar to the way Hamilton play, should suit our style under Csaba.

As has been said before, if we start converting a few more of the chances we've been creating, someone's in for a hiding.

Prediction: Falkirk 0 Hearts 2.

All things being equal this will be a tough match for Hearts, the advantage we may have is confidence. However, I remember Hearts losing to ICT in the 7th match of last season after they had started with 6 defeats out of 6. A win on Saturday would be a tremendous result.

I noticed Neil McCann may make his Falkirk debut on Saturday.

Added to Falkirk needing to get something I think this will be a very tough test for us on Saturday. Not wanting to get all Moriarty on you, but the waves are negative.

Still, the rationalist in me suspects we will come away with something and, as has been pointed out previously, if we take some of our chances we should be ok.

To be fair to Falkirk, they have had problems with injuries and tricky opening fixtures. They have already played the Old Firm and been to Easter Road. In three of their fixtures they have only lost by the odd goal and they are still in the League Cup. Hearts can expect a tough trip and with due respect to Hamilton, this is a more experienced SPL side and should prove a stiffer test.

Snake Plissken

I sense a draw.

BUT we have broken our recent trend of slipping up to promoted teams so maybe we can break the other trend of helping out teams who are struggling.

Era Macaroons

Added to Falkirk needing to get something I think this will be a very tough test for us on Saturday. Not wanting to get all Moriarty on you, but the waves are negative.

Still, the rationalist in me suspects we will come away with something and, as has been pointed out previously, if we take some of our chances we should be ok.

so we are going to lose (Waves negative), then get a draw(come away with something) and also win if we take our chances !!

:653:

Professor.Arturo

Giving lame ducks 3 points is sooo last season :)

Comfy win for the Jambo's......bring on the hobos!!

ps. comfy win for Craig Levein as well :P

so we are going to lose, then get a draw and also win if we take our chances

:653:

Where did I say we would lose?

I said it would be tough and given the omens, Hearts usually struggle. Never did I say we would lose though.

The way Falkirk like to knock it about, similar to the way Hamilton play, should suit our style under Csaba.

As has been said before, if we start converting a few more of the chances we've been creating, someone's in for a hiding.

Yep, you don't end up with nil points without being gash, so based on form, we should win, 2-0 sounds right to me

Era Macaroons

the bold indicates losing especially when your next para goes on to say the rationalist in u says u might get a draw or win (you clearly werent refering to a draw or win beforehand then)

:conf11::clubbed:

anyway Im sure youve had time to make your mind up Boris....so what will the outcome on sat be?

Yep, you don't end up with nil points without being gash, so based on form, we should win, 2-0 sounds right to me

They've not exactly had an easy start to the season. Have to say they looked better against Rangers than we did.

However, their confidence should be low, so if we can hit them early then I reckon we should win.

I don't think we've been creating a huge number of chances which have not been taken so far this season. Most of our goals this year have been great individual efforts such as Miko's or Mole's or Driver's. Of the games we've won, they've been by a goal and could all have easily gone the other way. Don't think that the 4-5-1 formation will lead to too many hidings by us.

And I think that Hamilton were very unlucky to be beaten by us the other week. They played football every bit as good as ours and pressed hard on our play the ball sideways routines. They were within one fresh air shot when clean through of a draw.

Haven't seen anything of Falkirk this season though. Hopefully we can beat them.

the bold indicates losing especially when your next para goes on to say the rationalist in u says u might get a draw or win (you clearly werent refering to a draw or win beforehand then)

:conf11::clubbed:

anyway Im sure youve had time to make your mind up Boris....so what will the outcome on sat be?

You really are a plum.

The references to the omens suggest, as I actually did say(!), that "I think this will be a very tough test". Playing a team with no points should in theory be easy, but for the irrational reasons mentioned I think it will be tough. That's tough - not that we will lose, that it will be tough.

The rationalist says we will get something - that could be a draw could be a win. If we take our chances we should win. If we don't we may still win.

Jeez.....:rolleyes:

All things being equal this will be a tough match for Hearts, the advantage we may have is confidence. However, I remember Hearts losing to ICT in the 7th match of last season after they had started with 6 defeats out of 6. A win on Saturday would be a tremendous result.

I know it is early but it will be our best result this season if we win.

You are gloomier with out hair!

Grow it back and be the happy optimist again!

Doesn't matter for me as I have always been a grump:).

Guest JamboRobbo

Always a tough place to go.

We know we have better players than Falkirk. But they'll be right up for it, on a tight pitch, and we'll have to match their work rate before we earn the right to play our football.

Better Hearts squads than the current one have gone there and failed to win. But they didn't have Csaba in charge to organise/motivate.

Will be a good test of Csaba's management to see if he can get a performance out of our players under these circumstances, and grind out a result somehow.

LarrysRightFoot

My mate is a Falkirk season ticket holder and says they were woeful against Inverness.

They have had a tough start having played both the Old Firm already and will probably improve.

Again though my mate said they signed 8 or 9 players in the summer and only 2 or 3 have been able to play so far due to injuries (a bit like us with new signings) and players having been playing out of position.

For what its worth my mate reckons we will win. I hope he is right.

Era Macaroons
You really are a plum.:eek:

The references to the omens suggest, as I actually did say(!), that "I think this will be a very tough test". Playing a team with no points should in theory be easy, but for the irrational reasons mentioned I think it will be tough. That's tough - not that we will lose, that it will be tough.

The rationalist says we will get something - that could be a draw could be a win. If we take our chances we should win. If we don't we may still win.

Jeez.....:rolleyes:

well that clears that up then :wacko::1132:

so erm, which one are you going for ? u only have a choice of 3 win/lose/draw.

sitonfence_thumb.jpg

LarrysRightFoot
Don't think that the 4-5-1 formation will lead to too many hidings by us.

It lead us to hiding Rangers 4-2 last season.

I'm certain that Falkirk are better than their current league position. I'm also certain that we are worse than ours. There's never anything between the non Old Firm teams in this league - the team that shows a little bit of quality or enjoys a little bit of luck on the day usually wins. A draw here would be a good result. I hope we can get it.

This is Falkirk's derby match -- they for some reason really dislike us -- perhaps we have quite a few fans in their town that upset them ?

This will be a stronger Falkirk side than so far this season but still a side low in confidence and with a support who will get on their backs if we can score first after their last home performance -- bit like us last year.

Time to be positive and go out to win the game -- their best 11 is not as good as our best 11 so we should be confident -- however this is Hearts we are talking about :rolleyes:

PS I often think that matches like this are won or lost on our approach to the game -- 100% effort and we can win but assume victory and put in just less than that 100% effort and we will lose -- attitude is the key.

Toxteth O'Grady
Always a tough place to go.

Correct.

We've only won there once, but with the right effort a bit of luck I fancy us for 3 points.

I'm certain that Falkirk are better than their current league position. I'm also certain that we are worse than ours. There's never anything between the non Old Firm teams in this league - the team that shows a little bit of quality or enjoys a little bit of luck on the day usually wins. A draw here would be a good result. I hope we can get it.

agree they arent the worst in the league......but we must strive to take 3 points from such games.

a draw would be a total pash result IMO.....(cue 6-0 humping!)

agree they arent the worst in the league......but we must strive to take 3 points from such games.

a draw would be a total pash result IMO.....(cue 6-0 humping!)

I'm just being realistic.

londonhearts confirms 2 wins, 2 draws and 8 defeats in the last 12 away games at Falkirk stretching back to 1992. Even our best teams have struggled there. And the current team is far from one our best.

(Hearts score first.)

1-2

1-2

1-1

2-1

2-2

0-4

2-0

0-2

0-2

1-2

0-6

1-2

I'm just being realistic.

londonhearts confirms 2 wins, 2 draws and 8 defeats in the last 12 away games at Falkirk stretching back to 1992. Even our best teams have struggled there. And the current team is far from one our best.

I didn't realise our record there was so poor.

Just as well I dont give much credence to past performance ,preferring to look at each game on its own merits.(esp results over 2 years old)

Our result at Hamilton makes me think we will do a job on the Bairns.

LarrysRightFoot

I saw Yogi and Brian Rice at the driving range yesterday afternoon so I dont think they take training as serioulsy as our Csaba.

I saw Yogi and Brian Rice at the driving range yesterday afternoon so I dont think they take training as serioulsy as our Csaba.

Were they hitting many long balls?? If so maybe it's a change in style

Call me gloomy (*you're gloomy!*) but I think we'll lose on Saturday.

Guys playing abroad all week, little time to prepare, away from home against a team desperate for a win.

I think 2-1 to Falkirk :(

Spot on.

Archived