Any plumbers out there?

Swanny17

I have an issue with my toilet when flushed, as follows. When the toilet is flushed, the pipes make a long , loud prolonged noise. When turning on the basin tap I noticed that the noise stops but as soon as I turn off the tap, the pipe vibrations/noise continues (in total when flushing the noise lasts for 30 seconds or so). I believe this may be called "water hammer" and can be a faulty valve or something?

Trouble is, I have no idea about plumbing at all, and would be scared to try and replace any part myself.

Can anyone explain if this problem sounds about right in terms of the noise the pipes make when the toilet is flushed, and how much it will cost to fix?

Are there any plumbers out there who would fancy looking at it, at Jambo's rates unless it is something I can fix easily myself?

:)

I have an issue with my toilet when flushed, as follows. When the toilet is flushed, the pipes make a long , loud prolonged noise. When turning on the basin tap I noticed that the noise stops but as soon as I turn off the tap, the pipe vibrations/noise continues (in total when flushing the noise lasts for 30 seconds or so). I believe this may be called "water hammer" and can be a faulty valve or something?

Trouble is, I have no idea about plumbing at all, and would be scared to try and replace any part myself.

Can anyone explain if this problem sounds about right in terms of the noise the pipes make when the toilet is flushed, and how much it will cost to fix?

Are there any plumbers out there who would fancy looking at it, at Jambo's rates unless it is something I can fix easily myself?

:)

Funny this subject should be brought up i also have the same problem and is starting to get on my tits can i have a pm too please.

Funny this subject should be brought up i also have the same problem and is starting to get on my tits can i have a pm too please.

You also have a PM

Carl Spackler
I have an issue with my toilet when flushed, as follows. When the toilet is flushed, the pipes make a long , loud prolonged noise.

I'd suggest cutting down the amount of starch in your diet.

Archived