Edgaras Jankauskas

ELITHEDUG

What's the big man up to these days ? I know he was a bit of a lazy git when he was here but wondered if he was still around

Playing in Latvia for Skonto Riga.

loveofthegame

He was a lazy waste of space that 2nd season you're right- but that first season when he played he was absolutely incredible. Some player.

Still a member of the cup winning, 2nd place squad. Still scored one of the best goals i've ever seen. Still, on ability alone, one of the best players i've ever seen at Tynie.

Francis Albert
What's the big man up to these days ? I know he was a bit of a lazy git when he was here but wondered if he was still around

Warming the bench during Lithuania's superb 3-0 win away to Romania.

When fit he was the best striker I've ever seen at Hearts. His first touch was unbelievable.

Just a shame about his attitude and his injury problems.

loveofthegame
When fit he was the best striker I've ever seen at Hearts. His first touch was unbelievable.

Just a shame about his attitude and his injury problems.

Yip- think the former may have contributed to the latter. Just don't think he was all that interested in playing for us.

Yip- think the former may have contributed to the latter. Just don't think he was all that interested in playing for us.

I'd go along with that. A real shame. I'll never forget his goal in the 4-0 game.

Chad Sexington

Technically, one of the best players I've ever seen at the club.

I remember one game against the vermin where Giraffe Jones looked like he was close to tears. He just couldn't cope with Jani's strength and first touch.

I'm pretty sure that was in his 2nd season...possibly the boxing day game?...and was probably Jani's last good performance.

He was worse than useless for most of his 2nd season.

Apparently he was a bit of a poisonous influence at Ricarton as well.

Shame, on his day he was as good as anybody in the SPL.

One of the most talented footballers the club has had. I remember one of the better posters on here saying Jankauskas could control an asteroid with one touch.

I'd go along with that. A real shame. I'll never forget his goal in the 4-0 game.

his pass for hartleys first was beautiful

winston churchill

in his first season and under burley he was mustard.

who could ever forget his run and goal in the derby semi final.

JamboBannon10
Oh and believe it or not he had a better goalscoring run than Skacel.

Do u mean in consecutive games? didnt skacel nearly brake the spl record for that? which IIRC is still held by mark viduka

:dontgetit:

Did he not have some kind of training ground spat with Elvis and then grassed him up to big Daddy Vlad?

Something along those lines......

Some player though, unfortunately only got one good season out of him.

Was amazing the first season, and is probably the best player technically I have seen at Tynecastle. He gave a good return goalscoring wise, but his real asset was his ability to bring others in, and he must have been responsible for a crazy number of the goals scored by Hartley and Rudi

I'll tell you something else about the guy... He was right about Elvis

What a crock! If he was right about Elvis does that mean he was right about Gordon and Hartley as well? The disruption in the team was caused by this guy and we all know where that led.

bp

Yeh, i took my girls to one of the kids signings in the gorgie suite

and he was at the end thinking he would be anywhere else but here.

Never seen someone looking so ****ed off.

Before anyone starts, the kids are the future.

My 13 year girls room is maroon and white,has two hearts flags(one signed)

as well as posters,bed sheets and wears a pair of Audrys training shorts

with the 29 on them as pj's.

A more True jambo you can't find and she is only 13.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Big Jank was the man. People say he seemed not to care - maybe the case n his 2nd season (seemed pretty bothered after putting us 2 up against Hibs on boxing day) but in his first he was the the darts.

Remember him scoring a glancing header away at Livi from a Chensey cross, running to the fans and going mental.

One of his better games in his 2nd season actualy came when he was stuck on in midfield against AEK and Murrayfield.

winston churchill

anybody else remember, that wee coward broonaldoo kicking him from behind and running away..............little snide.

Suspect Device
Big Jank was the man. People say he seemed not to care - maybe the case n his 2nd season (seemed pretty bothered after putting us 2 up against Hibs on boxing day) but in his first he was the the darts.

another story i got from a hibby mate was that Janny and Elvis were injured, and in the stand at ER.

when we scored Janny went daft and a lot of the locals wanted to 'have words' with him.

Janny was not for backing down, and Elvis had to difuse the situation

strange behaviour from someone who didn't look like he cared the next season

have to agree he was quality that first season, the game against Rankgers when Bednar got injured, Janny took on the hun defence himself and looked so much better than them :cool:

Think people repeat all the "he did not care" stuff so much that everyone started to believe it. Think the broblem was his physical health and not his mental state. He's a veteran and usualy still get the shait kicked out of him every game just for his ability to keep the ball. After all these years it's nothing strange that he may have lost his hunger for the game. Now after a long rest I think I saw the hunger once again when he came on against Moldova. He seemed to want the ball.

Plus never heard anything about being a negative influence at his other clubs or the NT.

P.S. I seem to remember people saying that Miko has no passion etc. but look at him now? People love to believe what they want.

Think he was on the bench when Lithuania pumped Romania on Saturday.

I would put put big Janny in my all time favourite Hearts XI up front alongside Robbo.

Think he was on the bench when Lithuania pumped Romania on Saturday.

I would put put big Janny in my all time favourite Hearts XI up front alongside Robbo.

Aye. Was thinking the manager will bring him on to keep a bit more possetion at the end but we were just like Brazil and just kept atacking :D

Guest JamboRobbo
Think people repeat all the "he did not care" stuff so much that everyone started to believe it. Think the broblem was his physical health and not his mental state. He's a veteran and usualy still get the shait kicked out of him every game just for his ability to keep the ball. After all these years it's nothing strange that he may have lost his hunger for the game. Now after a long rest I think I saw the hunger once again when he came on against Moldova. He seemed to want the ball.

Plus never heard anything about being a negative influence at his other clubs or the NT.

P.S. I seem to remember people saying that Miko has no passion etc. but look at him now? People love to believe what they want.

walkting round the physio suite, taking calls on his mobile phone, and chucking 50 quid notes on the floor if anyone dared to question him as they expected him to actually do his rehab training. No physical injury causes anyone to have to do that. Setting a bad example to youngsters and upsetting experienced squad members.

walkting round the physio suite, taking calls on his mobile phone, and chucking 50 quid notes on the floor if anyone dared to question him as they expected him to actually do his rehab training. No physical injury causes anyone to have to do that. Setting a bad example to youngsters and upsetting experienced squad members.

Doesnt sound like him but if you saw this then fair play.

One of the most talented footballers the club has had. I remember one of the better posters on here saying Jankauskas could control an asteroid with one touch.

Not surprising he was rank in the second season if his piles were giving him gyp.

Aye. Was thinking the manager will bring him on to keep a bit more possetion at the end but we were just like Brazil and just kept atacking :D

Easy Kislas, you're coming across a wee bit Docksider now! :wink:

LOL

Jankauskas's goal v Motherwell in his first season was a peach. The ball flew into the goals like an excocet missile.

LOL

Jankauskas's goal v Motherwell in his first season was a peach. The ball flew into the goals like an excocet missile.

That was not my idea. The Eurosport guy said that :D

LOL

Possible the hardest I've ever seen someone hit a ball at Tynecastle. Great goal, and just as well as if he'd missed he would have killed someone in the School End.

Remember the 25 yard pile driver he scored against Motherwell at Tynie (3-0 game, think he scored the opener to).

He was fantastic that game!

Upthehill makes a very good point. Although Janny was vilified at the time for his views on Ehlvis, it's hard to argue against the fact that the majority of Hearts fans now agree with him.

He used to get a right kicking from defenders every game and was afforded no protection from the officials because he was a big guy - except he was more interested in the ball than the man. Some of the free kicks given against him were ridiculous.

Probably the best striker I've ever seen in maroon, and as for the second season, well everyone was garbage that year...must've been hellish frustrating for him. His attitude was mirrored in Bednar too, so there must have been something annoying the pair of them...

The boy just oozed class. A pity about his second season but to this day he is still one of the best players I have seen at Tynecastle.

Skacel and Hartley owed a lot to him in the 2005/06 season.

WestcoastJambo
Upthehill makes a very good point. Although Janny was vilified at the time for his views on Ehlvis, it's hard to argue against the fact that the majority of Hearts fans now agree with him.

Janny was probably the most technically gifted player I have ever seen in the Maroon, truly exceptional.

As for the bit it bold, that is truly cringeworthy, as it is every time that an "h" is needlessly iserted into Pressleys name.

Is it possible to bring him back or he is a victim of Vlad-flu? The price should be reduced, dont think in Latvia wages are huge.

An even slower version of Janny? No thanks.

Still one of the most technically gifted players I've seen play for the famous.

Shame. If we got the Janny of 3-4 years ago, he would fit perfectly in to the system we are trying to play

Possible the hardest I've ever seen someone hit a ball at Tynecastle. Great goal, and just as well as if he'd missed he would have killed someone in the School End.

Tam Cowan was in that end...If only...LOL

Loved the big fella , great goal in the semi and some of his goals in the second half of the season in his little scoring spell when Rudi and Hartley dried up a bit helped in no small way to finishing second :)

I was speaking to a Porto fan on FM live last week who said Jankauskas was one of his fav players from the teams that won the Uefa and CL . Speaks volumes for the man

Janny and Bednar - that was bloody good watching in season one .

Archived