Scotland 11 for Wednesday

Five to One

Ok, time to salvage something from the wreckage of Saturday. Here's my favoured 11 from what we have available.

Gordon

Barr (RB)

McManus ©

Caldwell

Naysmith

Fletcher (RM)

Brown

Stewart

Moloney (LM)

Faddy

Fletcher

Stewart is in because I think we lacked any sort of play maker in the middle of the park.

Thoughts fellow Jambos?

Ok, time to salvage something from the wreckage of Saturday. Here's my favoured 11 from what we have available.

Gordon

Barr (RB)

McManus ©

Caldwell

Naysmith

Fletcher (RM)

Brown

Stewart

Moloney (LM)

Faddy

Fletcher

Stewart is in because I think we lacked any sort of play maker in the middle of the park.

Thoughts fellow Jambos?

Not bad.

I'd agree with dropping Miller and Alexander.

Not bad.

I'd agree with dropping Miller and Alexander.

He's pash anyway!! Should be no where near the scotland team

Sexton Hardcastle

think itl be the same back 4. In midfield robson better be punted, hopefully for commons. Think he could do a job. Doubt stewart will get a game when its such an important match. Miller should be dropped for doing feck all but maybe Boyd up front. He does seem to score goals when he plays.

Walter Bishop

Gordon

Caldwell

Berra

McManus

Naysmith

Maloney

Brown

Robson

Commons

Boyd

Fletcher

Brown needs a more attacking role imo, potentially he could be a matchwinner but for some reason Burley and Strachan play him in a withdrawn role??

I would replace Alexander with Caldwell and bring in Berra, Drop Hartley, and the 3 "superstars" :rolleyes: Fletcher, Miller and MacFadden!!

I thought Caldwell had a decent game the other day though? Commons looks the part, but maybe a good player to bring on later on in the game as he takes guys on. Brown has to play in the middle. I'm not sure why Fletcher plays out wide for Utd then in the middle for Scotland? He's not a holding player, play maker or attacking midfielder (a la Larry) so it makes little sense.

Alexander and Miller are injured by the way, although if fit I'd only consider Miller out of the pair of them.

Commons has to play. he came on and brought to the team exactly what we were lacking. maloney for his set peices also. alexander is a joke. total joke!!!

cobbyshambles
think itl be the same back 4. In midfield robson better be punted, hopefully for commons. Think he could do a job. Doubt stewart will get a game when its such an important match. Miller should be dropped for doing feck all but maybe Boyd up front. He does seem to score goals when he plays.

yeah,stewart probably will feature,but highly unlikely it will be anytime before the 70th minute or so unless there's an injury.

cobbyshambles
Gordon

Caldwell

Berra

McManus

Naysmith

Maloney

Brown

Robson

Commons

Boyd

Fletcher

Brown needs a more attacking role imo, potentially he could be a matchwinner but for some reason Burley and Strachan play him in a withdrawn role??

I would replace Alexander with Caldwell and bring in Berra, Drop Hartley, and the 3 "superstars" :rolleyes: Fletcher, Miller and MacFadden!!

darren fletcher up front?**** that!robson can take a jump as well

i cannot see why alexander still gets a game for scotland, surely Whittaker, Hart and even Neilson are better than him.

Seymour M Hersh

Personally I would not have Fletcher anywhere near a team having to get a result. A luxury player that manure can be we (Scotland) certainly cannot afford.

Gordon

Not sure about RB

Barr

Berra

Naysmith

Fletcher

Stewart

Robson

Commons

Faddy

S. Fletcher

There must be changes from the guff that was on the pitch on Saturday. Burley should tell the Old Firm players to get their fingers out. Too many not trying hard enough

Gordon

Barr

McManus

Caldwell

Naysmith

McFadden LM

Fletcher

Stewart

Coomons RM

Miller

Fletcher

Boyd to come on for Miller at some point. Boyd is a bit Lazy for my liking and although Miller has trouble finding the goal at the moment his pace and work rate make him a starter for me

McFadden

I am not sure that you can put a good team together out of that Scotland squad. Really missed Ferguson and Hutton at the weekend. Shakey defence too.

Anyone rate Hartley in this deep lying quarterback role? Thought that his worst performances for Hearts were when he tried to play there. But seems his legs have gone for trying to play a box to box game.

Might be something to be said for trying to play a slightly longer game with Clarkson and Boyd up front, McFadden on the left wing.

Commons has to play. he came on and brought to the team exactly what we were lacking. maloney for his set peices also. alexander is a joke. total joke!!!

Wholeheartedly agree. Thought the Georgia game had to be his last in the navy blue. How he's still egtting a game i don't know and thought GB would know better. The most one-dimensional player in the squad.

In fact, I am a bit dissapointed in GB. I think he's tried to carry on playing in a similar fashion to the WS and AM team, while trying to be a little more expansive. In the end, we aren't really doing either.

I am not sure that you can put a good team together out of that Scotland squad.

You've hit the nail on the head there. They are an embarrassment and have been for many many years. I can confidently say that another unsatsfactory episode is on the way on Wednesday evening.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Gordon

Caldwell McManus Berra Naysmith

Fletcher Brown Hartley Maloney

McFadden

Boyd

You've hit the nail on the head there. They are an embarrassment and have been for many many years. I can confidently say that another unsatsfactory episode is on the way on Wednesday evening.

Are you STILL at it? I almost admire your indefatigability....

Sadly, I actually think you could be correct. I hope so much that I'm totally wrong and that come Wednesday I'll feel terrible for having so little faith but sometimes years of disappointment dampens the spirit of even the most optimistic.

I don't have a good feeling about all of this at all.

Are you STILL at it? I almost admire your indefatigability.....

Not as much as I admire yours for believing they might do something....:eek:

StrikersInstinct

This is how the Iceland team will most likely look: 4-5-1/4-3-3.

Kjartan Sturluson - Fylkir

Bjarni Olafur Eiriksson – Valur

Hermann Hreidarsson – Portsmouth

Kristjan Sigurdsson – Brann

Gretar Steinsson – Bolton

Stefan Gislason – Br?ndby

Aron Einar Gunnarsson – Coventry

Eidur Gudjohnsen – Barcelona

Emil Hallfredsson – Reggina

Veigar Pall Gunnarsson – Stab?k

Heidar Helguson Bolton

If Scotland do not win the media and fans will go crazy, it has started already because they lost to Macedonia. They believe they need to just turn up to beat teams they see as being smaller than themselves. This atitude always costs them.

Gordon

Alexander Caldwell McManus Naysmith

Commons Hartley Robson Maloney

S. Fletcher McFadden

Alexander because he's more defensive and wee need that as opposed to Broadfoot.

He's more experience than Barr and I wouldn't chuck Barr into this one.

Maloney because he (surprisingly) looked good on Sat.

I'd want Robson being the playmaker the way he did for Dundee Utd.

This is how the Iceland team will most likely look: 4-5-1/4-3-3.

Kjartan Sturluson - Fylkir

Bjarni Olafur Eiriksson ? Valur

Hermann Hreidarsson ? Portsmouth

Kristjan Sigurdsson ? Brann

Gretar Steinsson ? Bolton

Stefan Gislason ? Br?ndby

Aron Einar Gunnarsson ? Coventry

Eidur Gudjohnsen ? Barcelona

Emil Hallfredsson ? Reggina

Veigar Pall Gunnarsson ? Stab?k

Heidar Helguson Bolton

Compared to ..............

Craig Gordon - Sunderland

Greame Alexander - Burnley

Colin Clogwell - celtic

McmAnus - celtic

Gary Naysmith - Sheffield Utd

Brown - celtic

Hartley - celtic

Fletcher - Man Utd

Robson - celtic

McFadden - Birmingham

Maloney - celtic

....the tartan army and the Scottish media have no right to expect to win.

Gordon

Caldwell Barr Berra Naysmith

Maloney Brown Robson Commons

McFadden Fletcher

That's what I'd pick from those available. Would imagine the only changes likely from Saturday are maybe Broadfoot for Alexander, and Maloney in for Hartley.

alwaysthereinspirit

Gordon

Barr (RB)

McManus ©

Caldwell

Naysmith

Fletcher (RM)

Brown

Stewart

Moloney (LM)

Faddy

Fletcher

Thoughts fellow Jambos?

No McGregor? ;)

If Scotland do not win the media and fans will go crazy, it has started already because they lost to Macedonia. They believe they need to just turn up to beat teams they see as being smaller than themselves. This atitude always costs them.

I think exactly the opposite. I think that we built up Macedonia so much and talked about how hot it would be etc. that it got into the players' heads. We were too negative.

Gordon

Caldwell (Only cos Alexander is painful to watch. Would rather have someone like Michael Hart playing if Hutton's not fit. We are weak in the full back areas)

McManus

Berra

Naysmith

D.Fletcher

Robson

Hartley

McFadden

Miller

Boyd

Thoughts fellow Jambos?

Keep Stewart & Berra away from that shambles, they've got a much more important game on Saturday

3-5-2

Berra

Mcmanus

Barr

Naysmith

Brown

Stewart

Fletcher

Commons

O'Connor (call up)

Mcfadden

Thats what Burley would do if he had real guts! The weejia would be spewin'.

Gordon

Alexander Caldwell McManus Naysmith

Commons Hartley Robson Maloney

S. Fletcher McFadden

Alexander because he's more defensive and wee need that as opposed to Broadfoot.

He's more experience than Barr and I wouldn't chuck Barr into this one.

Maloney because he (surprisingly) looked good on Sat.

I'd want Robson being the playmaker the way he did for Dundee Utd.

I'd go with that team, only putting D. Fletcher on the right, with Commons coming on from the bench.

Alexander is not great, but you're right - he's all we have at the moment.

Robson needs to play further forward in a more creative role. He used to be immense for Utd.

But you don't follow Scotland...? I don't understand :(

But you don't follow Scotland...? I don't understand :(

As a Scot, their embarrassing performances reflect badly on me.

Can you explain why? Perhaps using an example, if possible.

Gordon

Naysmith Caldwell McManus Broadfoot

McFadden Fletcher Brown Maloney

Fletcher Miller

Fletch (S) won't start though, Burley hasn't got the baws to promote a player from the 21s and start him from the off for the full team. If he doesn't it's a disgrace as Fletch being pulled from the 21s contributed heavily to the 21s getting beat and knocked out tonight as her was captain and head and shoulders above every other player.

McFadden and Maloney ahead of Commons as he's too much of a winger and I think it's a narrow pitch.

As a Scot, wanting Scotland to lose etc reflects badly and embarrases you.

......................Gordon

Caldwell....McManus....Berra....Naysmith

........Fletcher.................Brown

Commons........McFadden.........Maloney

.........................Boyd

As a Scot, wanting Scotland to lose etc reflects badly and embarrases you.

I can't remember a quote saying he WANTED Scotland to lose

Archived