Tom Brady out for the season

Geoff Kilpatrick

That'll be the Patriots chances of a Superbowl up in smoke this season :(

Where did you read that?

Where did you read that?

EDIT.....Just checked The Boston Globe and it doesn't look good at all, a MRI today to check on the damage but looks like a torn ACL, well that will be that for him then. Cassells to step in. They are a good enough team to get by without him but no doubt Bradys significance to the team. Hopefully thay can get through what is a fairly easy schedule, make the post season and maybe Brady will be back for when it matters.........Wishful thinking perhaps?:(

It's being reported in most sites now Tom. ACL and MCL damage is the initial diagnosis.

Hey Paul, I'm now reading that but until I hear the results of todays MRI I'm gonna cling onto any hope there may be. I guess the best they can hope for is minimal damage (if there is such a thing with this injury) and maybe see him back in a few months.

Famous last words but I dont see why that Patriots side cannot cope with the schedule they have even without Tom Brady. I guess the question in New England now is...........The Coach Or The Quarterback......The Quarterback Or The Coach ?

Hey Paul, I'm now reading that but until I hear the results of todays MRI I'm gonna cling onto any hope there may be. I guess the best they can hope for is minimal damage (if there is such a thing with this injury) and maybe see him back in a few months.

Famous last words but I dont see why that Patriots side cannot cope with the schedule they have even without Tom Brady. I guess the question in New England now is...........The Coach Or The Quarterback......The Quarterback Or The Coach ?

First the Sox, now the Patriots :rolleyes:

Maybe you should have stayed a bit longer :cool:

On a slightly related note, watched Pedro pitch for the Mets yesterday. A sad image of what he used to be, the Phillies tore him apart.

alwaysthereinspirit

On a slightly related note, watched Pedro pitch for the Mets yesterday. A sad image of what he used to be, the Phillies tore him apart.

Sox will win the East.

As for the Pats...............They are trying out Sims today for back up to Cassells. We have a very weak schedule so can still make the play-offs. Cant believe Brady took no snaps all pre season then get hurt 7 minutes in.

Rab, Probably watched more NFL yesterday (live) than I did on a usual Sunday across there. Tough night tonighgt, 2 NFL games, The Tennis final and most importantly The Sox v Tampa live at midnight :rolleyes:

Sox will win the East.

I think Tampa need to take 2 out of 3 and I cant see that happening. One thing Tampa does not want and thats a slug fest, they dont have the firepower for that right now. Methinks that with Lester , Dice K and Beckett going the next 3 nights then we are in good shape to regain the AL East lead

Move Over Rays And Let The Real Champs Take Over :eek:

I saw the hit Brady took on the NFL website this morning - it didn't look good.

Looked like his knee bent backwards... ouch

Great news now we'll see how good the Pats really are. Cowboys going all the way this year get in!!!

Well it has been 14 years or so. ;) Does it really take The Pats to lose Brady before you believe that The Cowgirls can do it? I seem to remember this kinda trash talk from Dallas and "TO" last year before the Pats went down into Dallas and smacked them around

Although, for what its worth I do agree that Dallas will be in the mix this year, no silly slip ups and it could be their year

Rab, Probably watched more NFL yesterday (live) than I did on a usual Sunday across there. Tough night tonighgt, 2 NFL games, The Tennis final and most importantly The Sox v Tampa live at midnight :rolleyes:

What channel do you get MLB on back home? How many games do they show?

alwaysthereinspirit
I think Tampa need to take 2 out of 3 and I cant see that happening. One thing Tampa does not want and thats a slug fest, they dont have the firepower for that right now. Methinks that with Lester , Dice K and Beckett going the next 3 nights then we are in good shape to regain the AL East lead

Move Over Rays And Let The Real Champs Take Over :eek:

We have 6 games left against the Rays. 4 wins and we're up a half game. We also have a high percentage of our remaining games at home. I think we look good for another division championship.

Jason Bay has turned out to be quite the trade.

I think you're right on the money with the pitching match ups. There is no match. Not sure any team matches up to those 3 right now. Throw Byrd in the mix.....

Massive blow for the Patriots and it'll be a true test of them.

It's shaping up to be a really interesting season, especially in the AFC. New England lose Brady and San Diego and Indianapolis get beaten on their own patch.

Not really a related topic but has anyone caught the programme E60 on Nasn or over in the states?

Very interesting some of the stuff they do.

Not really a related topic but has anyone caught the programme E60 on Nasn or over in the states?

Very interesting some of the stuff they do.

Yeah, I think it was/is primarily for online viewing although I could be wrong but agree that some of the broadcasts are interesting

Hi Folks slightly off topic i have set up a fantasy football league on espn, its an auto-draft and i need another 9 teams for it to start so if you are interested here's the code

kickback2

password shabba

Archived