Buckfast

Gerd Muller

Revolting.

Was at my mates house yesterday watching the football. I drink lager and like trying different foreign beers as Tennents is awful in my opinion. However, a friend of mine thought it would be funny to buy a bottle of buckfast and try it. He liked it!. I didn't.

How can the citizens of lanarkshire drink the stuff? Anyone tried it or drink it?

Revolting.

Was at my mates house yesterday watching the football. I drink lager and like trying different foreign beers as Tennents is awful in my opinion. However, a friend of mine thought it would be funny to buy a bottle of buckfast and try it. He liked it!. I didn't.

How can the citizens of lanarkshire drink the stuff? Anyone tried it or drink it?

I too enjoy trying different beers. However don't just stick to the foreign ones.

Try here: http://www.brewdog.com/

A good scottish brewery. Recently their 'Punk IPA' has made it to the shelves of supermarkets and it is very nice. Not a lager though.

Brian Whittaker's Tache
I too enjoy trying different beers. However don't just stick to the foreign ones.

A good scottish brewery. Recently their 'Punk IPA' has made it to the shelves of supermarkets and it is very nice. Not a lager though.

Good call

I had a bottle of this stuff http://www.brewdog.com/paradox.php from them

Two bottles was my limit

Kennedy Bakircioglu

I find it drinkable. Great drink if you're a student. ?5 a bottle max and only a drink or two more needed in town. Also good if you're drinking two nights in a row as two gulps and you are on your way.

Doctor FinnBarr
Revolting.

A truely revolting drink that causes ceilings to collapse!

Used to do a lot of work in a well known dairy in Bellshill and the chimps used to be in the habit of taking bottles of Buckie to the bogs to drink. When the bottle was empty they'd just stand on the bog seat, lift the ceiling tile and lob the bottle in! Eventually the weight got too much and the whole lot came crashing down!

Well funny.

:)

I have to admit since going to uni I have consumed more than one bottle of Buckfast!

Its cheap - just about drinkable and gets you ****ed quite nicely.

Just make sure to drink it out of a glass rather than the bottle for extra class!

i was in a shop and a couple of jakes were buying buckie. They asked the shopkeeper for a certain code that would be on the bottle. I had to ask why. He says (as far as i can remember) that the older a bottle of buckie is the better!

Doctor FinnBarr
i was in a shop and a couple of jakes were buying buckie. They asked the shopkeeper for a certain code that would be on the bottle. I had to ask why. He says (as far as i can remember) that the older a bottle of buckie is the better!

I've heard discussions along the lines of "number 17 is so much better than the 15".

:eek:

As I have said before on earlier threads about Buckie it was well loved by the old ladies at London St/Drummond Place etc as a tonic wine in the mid 60s. The other similar tonic wine was Sanatogen. Don't know if Sanatogen is still made and its curious that Buckfast seems to have thrived albeit amongst the great unwashed from the west.

Jut thinking is Bucky the only thing that crosses the sectarian divide?

Doctor FinnBarr
Classic slob out bevvy.

Choc full of caffeine so great if you're on a lengthy bender.

The numbers show sweetness to dryness. 1 being dry, I believe...

You're location shows why you are so knowleable about the stuff!

:P

Massively underrated, most people who go on about how revolting it is haven't tried it.

Tried Super Buckie for the first time the other week, Buckfast and Red Bull. Highly reccommended.

The People's Chimp

the numbers are just an urban myth. they are the standard numbers on any glass bottle.

as confirmed by j chandler and co.

I P Knightley
Revolting.

Take it you've never tried being a citizen of Lanarkshire!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I'd say it was an aquired taste, but I am a fan!

I'd always thought the numbers denoted sweetness, I've always found the lower the number, the better and it's the first thing I look for!

Sure it is old but it is beautiful, and it's colours they are fine. It is not the sash I'm all about, it's the buckfast tonic wine. . . . . Ah it's a throwback to my teenage years. Good stuff

Everyone has to try Innis and Gunn, fantastic beer brewed in edinburgh and aged in oak casks. Lovely vanilla-eaque taste to it. 6.6% as well

Archived