The Who

Paul_C

I P Knightley
Quality evening's TV tonight...Quadrophenia was on earlier, now Tommy...lovely stuff :)

Quad's the greatest album ever and the movie isn't half bad.

Tommy's a fantastic album but I can live without the movie.

Seeing The Who live in Phildelphia this October - can't wait!!

Not wanting to rain on the parade, but The Who started to die in 1978 when Moon died. They went through the motions from then until John passed away in true rock n' roll style to join Moon and complete the best rhythm duo in heaven. Roger and Pete should have called it a day after that. In saying that, I hope you have a ball in October. It just won't be the same without the other two. They'll need to get a great bassist to fill John's boots. They have never found anyone to fill Keith's.

I P Knightley
Not wanting to rain on the parade, but The Who started to die in 1978 when Moon died. They went through the motions from then until John passed away in true rock n' roll style to join Moon and complete the best rhythm duo in heaven. Roger and Pete should have called it a day after that. In saying that, I hope you have a ball in October. It just won't be the same without the other two. They'll need to get a great bassist to fill John's boots. They have never found anyone to fill Keith's.

Never saw them with Moon but did with Entwistle a couple of times. I've seen them a few times since and agree that they have been better. Daltrey's voice is getting a bit messy now. Zak's a better drummer (for the Who) than Kenney Jones was. Pino can't do John's stuff at all but they've got Simon Townshend filling out the sound of the rhythm section which gives it a bit of vitality.

Still better many a fraction their age!

Never saw them with Moon but did with Entwistle a couple of times. I've seen them a few times since and agree that they have been better. Daltrey's voice is getting a bit messy now. Zak's a better drummer (for the Who) than Kenney Jones was. Pino can't do John's stuff at all but they've got Simon Townshend filling out the sound of the rhythm section which gives it a bit of vitality.

Still better many a fraction their age!

Can't argue with any of that Ivan. Kenny Jones was a stop gap at best. I think he knew he would never be able to emulate Keith. (and in 78, Keith was a fraction of the drummer he used to be!!) Zak is a much better replacement and fortunately his style fits in more with Moon's than his dad's. :P

I think your last comment speaks volumes.

Have a great time mate.:)

Archived