heres an idea...

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

I thought of this a few days ago and listening to a caller on jim traynors program (got really annoyed by traynor today, wanted him to jump off a building) anyway the caller was saying the problem is we need better coaches, i.e. ones who could bring players on to the way they are in Europe. The example was that in europe players can play with both feet which helps alot with their technical side while here we concentrate on plays.

I was thinking a few days ago that could it be a good idea to set up, in partnership with Heriot-watt a coaching degree/course that people could take. It may cost a bit to set up, but if you bring in the right people from say Holland and other countries who could cover player development, tactics, training techniques etc than you could raise the standard of coaches. The course could be for coaches of boys teams while the degree could be for footballers or others who would want to get into professional coaching. Hearts would benefit as they would get first pick of graduates coming through.

If succesful, other uni's could adopt it and in turn raise the standard of coaching in this country (which I think is good in some ways but still needs improving i.e. football development for teaching proper technique so we can have a standard that rivals europe.)

Archived