Iceland did Scotland a favour, 2-2 in Norway

StrikersInstinct

Not a bad result for us, but Scotland rely on other teams 'doing us a favour' far too often IMO. Wish they would just do the business themselves. We were mince today.

StrikersInstinct
That's either fabulous news, or we're due a doing on Wednesday.

Gudjohnsen scored good freekick and Heidar Helguson (Bolton) played his first game for two years after retiring from international football and scored. However I think Scotland will have to much on Wednesday.

Guest gorgie kev
Outstanding!!!

Makes todays result even more dissapointing.A win today would have been a huge step forward,but alas Scotland screwed it up.

Makes todays result even more dissapointing.A win today would have been a huge step forward,but alas Scotland screwed it up.

Another missed opportunity. One thing you can bet on, Scotland never fail to disappoint :(

Snake Plissken

Its quite incredible that a nation whose entire population is less than that of Edinburgh can produce so many top level footballers.

Their squad contains 3 Premiership players, 1 Serie A and 1 La Liga.

All that from 320,000 people.

Unless there is a vast improvement on the Scotland performance from today, the other results in this group will be of very little relevance.

Its quite incredible that a nation whose entire population is less than that of Edinburgh can produce so many top level footballers.

Their squad contains 3 Premiership players, 1 Serie A and 1 La Liga.

All that from 320,000 people.

Used to work for an Icelandic guy in one of the big hotels in Edinburgh. Always gave me the impression that folk from Iceland have a huge sense of national pride and solidarity - not like the pathetic bickering you get here. I would imagine that playing for your country over there means a hell of a lot more to them that it does to the current shower of Scottish pansies. Makes all the difference. (IMO)

The Old Tolbooth
Unless there is a vast improvement on the Scotland performance from today, the other results in this group will be of very little relevance.

Exactly!

That performance today was pathetic, and for Burley to come out and say we were outstanding in the second half was embarrassing, he's obviously back on the alcohol big time!

frank skinner
Iceland are as much of a threat to us as Norway - we are in a very tough group here.

holland

norway

iceland

will all finish above scotland in the group.

Exactly!

That performance today was pathetic, and for Burley to come out and say we were outstanding in the second half was embarrassing, he's obviously back on the alcohol big time!

It's a bit sad when they come out with "oh it was so hot out there." I'm making a bit of a leap here but I'm presuming that it was the same temperature for the Macedonians.

Reminds you of Rix and the shocking news of how windy it gets in Inverness.

holland

norway

iceland

will all finish above scotland in the group.

Disagree with Iceland and Norway, I'd say Macedonia are more likely! Think we'll finish 2nd still.

The Old Tolbooth
It's a bit sad when they come out with "oh it was so hot out there." I'm making a bit of a leap here but I'm presuming that it was the same temperature for the Macedonians.

Reminds you of Rix and the shocking news of how windy it gets in Inverness.

I thought that too mate, in fact the excuses were in well before kick off time!

The worrying thing is that Macedonia were absolutely pants, but should have won by 2 or 3 goals! :eek:

I thought that too mate, in fact the excuses were in well before kick off time!

The worrying thing is that Macedonia were absolutely pants, but should have won by 2 or 3 goals! :eek:

We were dreadful, John. I hope you're recovering OK, by the way.

The Old Tolbooth
We were dreadful, John. I hope you're recovering OK, by the way.

I'm not, but cheers anyway mate. Cant seem to shake this bloody thing off, that's nearly 2 weeks I've had it now but apparently there's a nasty bug going around.

house-pest-copyright3.gif

Iceland did Iceland a favour, the GFA are nothing but Drug dealing benefit claming weegies, if i missed any out I apologise

Even Berti Vogts got us to a play off to qualify for a tournament.

Even second place would be a bit dissapointing but on todays performance it looks like we are going to get done over in Holland.

I'm not, but cheers anyway mate. Cant seem to shake this bloody thing off, that's nearly 2 weeks I've had it now but apparently there's a nasty bug going around.

house-pest-copyright3.gif

Least you've still got your sense of humour.

If it makes you feel any better - which it probably won't - check out Rab's horror invasion.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=27595

Take care.

Archived