Kenny Miller

Tynecastle Valhalla

Tynecastle Valhalla

I cannot believe this guy still gets a game for Scotland his finishing is horrific and he has let us down so many times.

He seems to be first striker on the teamsheet.

It is so obvious that he should be canned. mcfadden was poor but at least he has done it in the past for scotland.

as much as i dislike boyd he should be in the team.

Can't believe caldwell and alexander are anywhere near the squad either.

very upset:mad:

i've just deleted what i WAS gonna type, cos it might get me into trouble :o

it wasn't a rumour or dirty, just i don't really like kenny miller

I cannot believe this guy still gets a game for Scotland his finishing is horrific and he has let us down so many times.

It is so obvious that he should be canned. mcfadden was poor but at least he has done it in the past for scotland.

as much as i dislike boyd he should be in the team.

Can't believe caldwell and alexander are anywhere near the squad either.

very upset:mad:

He certainly did not play well. Must have been Fletcher's poorest game for a long time also and Hartley did little of note.

Kenny Miller normally provides a high work rate which other strikers won't do. I'd agree his finishing can be pretty p!sh but he's also done it for us in the past. I wouldn't have played Kris Boyd away from home either, he doesn't do enough for the team, although that seems a pretty stupid comment based on today's performance!

I agree about Caldwell and Alexander though.

After scoring two goals in allegedly the biggest derby game in the world. Kenny Miller was always going to start today. Thing is he is a guy who needs ten chances to score twice. Scotland dont create five chances a game never mind ten.

Our midfield are the letdown. They can score goals but appear very shot shy in a Scotland shy and that is just wrong. Shoot on sight should always be the policy.

John

Miller Jambo 60

Like he is a prat.

Bev the whole team were **** bar Craig.

Too many old firm muppets in the team.

Burley showing how good he is.:mad:

Pity even his nephew could not say uncle GEO.

maroonlegions

MILLAR WAS RANK TODAY along with a few others, he spent more time on his sun don't shine today than a pen pusher.:rolleyes:

portobellojambo1

Say what you think Bev, don't hold back, I think the guy is fecking s h i t, a useless shop front, and as such is a waste of space in a Scotland jersey.

There is a thread on here about players that don't want to play for Scotland under Burley, think it is time George Burley seriously thought about players that don't deserve to play for Scotland under him, and there was more than one of those on show today, and Miller is definitely one of them.

is it true that he has cost over 10 million in transfer fees:eek:

not quite, it is ?9.25m but still scary!

south morocco
Say what you think Bev, don't hold back, I think the guy is fecking s h i t, a useless shop front, and as such is a waste of space in a Scotland jersey.

There is a thread on here about players that don't want to play for Scotland under Burley, think it is time George Burley seriously thought about players that don't deserve to play for Scotland under him, and there was more than one of those on show today, and Miller is definitely one of them.

who would you play instead though PJ?

chester copperpot

Kenny Miller has been excellent for Scotland.

Sorry but he has. Maybe not today, but overall, he has been.

Tynecastle Valhalla

I disagree.

he went through a good spell of scoring a few years back but he really adds very little other than lots of running.

A friend of mine had an altercation with Kenny Miller in George St about 2/3 years ago and it was one of the funniest things I've ever witnessed. The guy is a complete tool and he's also terrible at putting fake tan on, looks like he's been rolling in crusty gravy.

He's even less convincing as a footballer than he was a few years ago, too. No composure and all the running in the world won't get us to the World Cup, he needs to see the bench for a while. If not permanently.

chester copperpot
I disagree.

he went through a good spell of scoring a few years back but he really adds very little other than lots of running.

Most people would prob agree with you mate.

If it was Hearts, I'd probably argue, however cant be bothered when its Scotland.

No offence.

Miller Jambo 60

Andy want a fall out.:)

He was pash today and overall is everytime.

Just relised im more passed of today than ever WHY

NO jambos in the ****** team/

Wheres BERRA

BURLEY is a no no

portobellojambo1
who would you play instead though PJ?

That is the main problem old stander, we are playing those who are probably seen as our best, which in reality is a sad reflection on Scottish football as a whole, and fortunately not something that I have to make the call on.

The thought that we do not have any better than some of those who were on show this afternoon is actually quite frightening.

In reality we must have better than the likes of Alexander, Caldwell etc, surely.

We are depending on players who have done well for us in the past, in my view we often pick them on that basis, and I would include both Miller and McFadden in that. Miller was playing today, in my opinion, because he scored two goals last week (fair chance they will be his only two for Rangers this season).

Miller is not going to get any better, the likes of Paul Hartley, Gary Caldwell, Graham Alexander are not going to get any better, some of the fringe players will get better, the likes of Berra and Michael Stewart for example. So if you are aiming at South Africa why not use players who are going to get better rather than players whose careers are petering out.

It is early in the season so I have not had a chance to see, live, which of the players from many of the other clubs are doing well, similarly which players playing in England are doing well. But I would like to hope those in support positions below Burley are watching these players, and if they are doing better than the old guard then stick them in, do we have anything to lose.

Kenny Miller normally provides a high work rate which other strikers won't do.

Just like Clum. But an OF Clum. He's gash.

south morocco
That is the main problem old stander, we are playing those who are probably seen as our best, which in reality is a sad reflection on Scottish football as a whole, and fortunately not something that I have to make the call on.

The thought that we do not have any better than some of those who were on show this afternoon is actually quite frightening.

In reality we must have better than the likes of Alexander, Caldwell etc, surely.

We are depending on players who have done well for us in the past, in my view we often pick them on that basis, and I would include both Miller and McFadden in that. Miller was playing today, in my opinion, because he scored two goals last week (fair chance they will be his only two for Rangers this season).

Miller is not going to get any better, the likes of Paul Hartley, Gary Caldwell, Graham Alexander are not going to get any better, some of the fringe players will get better, the likes of Berra and Michael Stewart for example. So if you are aiming at South Africa why not use players who are going to get better rather than players whose careers are petering out.

It is early in the season so I have not had a chance to see, live, which of the players from many of the other clubs are doing well, similarly which players playing in England are doing well. But I would like to hope those in support positions below Burley are watching these players, and if they are doing better than the old guard then stick them in, do we have anything to lose.

get lee miller in the squad ,why not?

john brownlee

the only players that were up for and played well today were ex Jambos and that guy with the gleski granny the rest were 3rd division

0-2 engerland

the only players that were up for and played well today were ex Jambos and that guy with the gleski granny the rest were 3rd division

0-2 engerland

I believe his name is Commons and his granny was from Dundee :P

Miller has always, always been gash.

Good point well made.

He couldn't score in a barrel of.....

Except very rarely when he does score. :sad:

Miller Jambo 60
Good point well made.

He couldn't score in a barrel of.....

Except very rarely when he does score. :sad:

Another nobo from leith that is a waste of breath.

Did he have a shot today.

Hun minger

Apologies if I repeat any points here, but I couldnt be bothered reading all the posts :rolleyes:

Miller was *****, but it wasn't his fault he got played as a second striker. Even Stevie Wonder could see that McFadden is at best a second striker, and Miller is an out and out striker or nothing!

Fletcher was ****! Brown was ****! Hartley was ****! Alexander was Alexander...how the **** did he win 35 caps :eek:

It says a lot that our 2 best outfield players were Maloney, by far, then Commons, and they only had 15 mins each

If it wasn't for Sir Craig, it would have been a score that was deserved! George should feck off back to the pub, and let someone who has a clue take charge of Scotland. There was a boy in my local tonight, absolutely wasted, who at least knew Alexander was a ****** :(

I don't support the GFA team normally but who would like to play a loan striker role in 104 degree heat, I was actually amazed that it was the Macedonian players that were falling down with cramp not Scotlands, the blame lies as usual with the clowns in Hampden agreeing to play this game at that time at this time of year, they were actually puting players lives at risk.

Alexander, Caldwell and McManus should never be near a Scotland team. They're all crap! Thought Robson did quite well, and Maloney when he came on. McFadden wasn't too bad either. Miller was mince. And if it hadn't been for oor Craig, we could have been looking at a right gubbing. It doesn't bode well for a tricky trip to Iceland!

Lynn:ninja:

I have to say I agree with you. I am not a massive fan of the guy but you cant take away from him that he has done quite well for Scotland. He was gash yesterday though!

Miller was half decent for Scotland 2 maybe 3/4 years ago, remember him tormenting the Italian defence?

That being said, he's not done it for a while.

I've only ever seen 2 complete strikers play in the SPL - Larsson and Duncan Ferguson. Miller was brought in to replace Larsson and he was not up the task as he does not have enough goals in him.

Rangers have had various good scorers over the years - McCoist and Negri come to mind and Boyd is another. All could score but none ran themselves into the ground. Truth is that Scotland were reasonably effective with McCoist so I reckon Boyd has to be worth a shot over Miller.

I think the real problem with Scotland at the moment is defence. McManus/Caldwell is not a good enough combo in the middle and the FBs are rubbish. IMO this means the midfield are more focussed on shoring up the defence than creating for strikers.

It also doesn't help that Fletcher can walk into the NT but not get many games at club level...Hartley is past his best but is now a guaranteed pick which he never was when at his best...Brown is not as good as the media think he is.

This is exactly why Scotland should give up international football. We are a laughing stock.

He's had a handful of outstanding games for Scotland. and I do mean outstanding. but he's not a goalscorer and if we're playing the formation Burley seem to want to play, he should be on the bench at best.

Miller thrives for Scotland when playing a in 451, have seen him have quite a few decent games in that formation. One thing that stops him from being a better player is his erratic finishing, cant see that changing as Miller is now in his mid/late 20's. Pretty sure many a coach has had a bash at improving that side of his game.

Charlie-Brown

Scotland aren't exactly blessed with an array of strikers who are ready for full international football although there are some promising strikers in the U21's - Kris Boyd unless he completely changes his work ethic will never be a regular starter at the highest level of football - the modern game especially at international level demands 11 players fully contributing to team work not just scoring a goal or penalty and that is why he's often overlooked at both club & international level in important games.

Scotland aren't exactly blessed with an array of strikers who are ready for full international football although there are some promising strikers in the U21's - Kris Boyd unless he completely changes his work ethic will never be a regular starter at the highest level of football - the modern game especially at international level demands 11 players fully contributing to team work not just scoring a goal or penalty and that is why he's often overlooked at both club & international level in important games.

I agree about Boyd. Shouldnt even be in the squad. His attitude is appalling and all he brings is an ability to score tap ins against sub standard opponents ie Faroes etc.

As much as it pains me to say it i'd have Fletcher from the hobos in the team.

Dr Ian Malcolm
I agree about Boyd. Shouldnt even be in the squad. His attitude is appalling and all he brings is an ability to score tap ins against sub standard opponents ie Faroes etc.

As much as it pains me to say it i'd have Fletcher from the hobos in the team.

Was just about to say that. Okay he's not being scoring for Hibs, but they're pish. He's quite comfortably the best player in the U21 pool and is scoring regularly for them - what more can he do to at least make the squad?

I'd have McCormack in there as well - playing well for Cardiff, creating and scoring goals. Also offers something we sorely lack in midfield, which is pace.

Gordon

Hutton

Weir (ancient, but IMO still a better option than Caldwell, and who better who help inexperienced internationals like Berra though games)

Berra (Combine his pace and Weir's experience and we'd do okay)

Naysmith (best of a very weak choice of left backs)

Commons (Did more offensively from the right than Brown has in his last 5 Scotland appearances)

Ferguson

Hartley/Brown

McCormack

McFadden (in the hole, can do Boyd's running)

Fletcher/Boyd

That has the look of a decent side with a bit of pace in the wide areas. Obviously a replacement is going to be needed for Weir soon, unfortunately its looks like being Caldwell/McManus.

He's a headless chcijken with no real ability. What is the point of all these people saying he oputs in a good shift. FFS we could have Paula Radcliffe running about a park for 90 mins. Doesn't mean she was any good at football.

Get rid of him and put on someone who knows that you need to put the ball in the net to win games.

But will GB do it? I doubt it.

Let's just have a GB football team in the olympics so we get punted oot o national tournements.:eek:

That way we can watch the JT's on a Saturday instead of that mince yesterday. It will also stop the rest of Europe laughing at the hammer throwers we still play in defence..... & headless chickens up front.:mad:

Miller has had good games playing for Scotland. But not enough of them. I agree that every time I have seen him play, he runs around a lot but doesn't offer much of a goal threat. Scotland are having trouble finding the net, so IMHO we can't afford to play a striker who doesn't score often enough. I would have Boyd in the team. He may be a lazy git, but give him a chance and generally he will put it away.

McFadden still has a problem with inconsistency, but he is the only player we have who can turn a game around with one moment of brilliance - and he has a proven record of scoring at international level, and not just against poor teams either. So he would always be my first name on the team sheet after Craig Gordon.

Archived