Hibernian - what happened to them that made the derby tables turn in our favour?

Craigieboy

Few clubs have such a poor history in derby games like Hibernian do.

There are, of course statistics to back this up. I'm not speaking out of turn just because I'm a Hearts supporter. They really do have a **** record against Heart of Midlothian.

Of course, they have had a number of memorable results against us. Yet, when you look back on history, these have been totally insignificant by comparison. They really have had a pish poor record when it comes to the big matches or games that realy counted. You know, the ones that go down in history. We all know the games that I am refering to.

But what happened that turned things so far in our favour?

There was a time during the late 60's & 70's that suggested that hibs might have been the top dogs in Edinburgh but it vanished when we established ourselves again as a regular in Scotlands top division.

From the time of Robbo & co, we systematically humped them stupid in just about every other derby game. Even when Robbo retired, we continued to hammer them on a regular basis.

So what was the reason for this? Was it a mentallity within the hibs ranks - the players, the fans? Did they just begin to expect a humping? Or was it that we were simply better than them?

the further into the 22 in a row we got the more they lost their beleif they could beat us , it must have been depressing times for the team and their gay following.:107years:

Miller Jambo 60
the further into the 22 in a row we got the more they lost their beleif they could beat us , it must have been depressing times for the team and their gay following.:107years:

When i stand in Easter Road to watch Hearts play Hibs i always feel so proud that i am a Hearts fan.:107years::107years:

There was a time during the late 60's & 70's that suggested that hibs might have been the top dogs in Edinburgh

Check your history. :mad:

There is only one decade where Mini Tim FC has got the better of us. Even with their fabled Fhamous Fhive they couldn't get the better of us.

The Edinburgh derby is the most one sided in world football. Fact.

The Real Maroonblood

There are, of course statistics to back this up. I'm not speaking out of turn just because I'm a Hearts supporter. They really do have a **** record against Heart of Midlothian.

Of course, they have had a number of memorable results against us. Yet, when you look back on history, these have been totally insignificant by comparison. They really have had a pish poor record when it comes to the big matches or games that realy counted. You know, the ones that go down in history. We all know the games that I am refering to.

There was a time during the late 60's & 70's that suggested that hibs might have been the top dogs in Edinburgh but it vanished when we established ourselves again as a regular in Scotlands top division.

From the time of Robbo & co, we systematically humped them stupid in just about every other derby game. Even when Robbo retired, we continued to hammer them on a regular basis.

So what was the reason for this? Was it a mentallity within the hibs ranks - the players, the fans? Did they just begin to expect a humping? Or was it that we were simply better than them?

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/tea/hibernian.html

One of the first pieces of advice I recall receiving came from my Uncle Norrie when I was first getting interested in football when I was about 5.

He said to me "Son, just remember Hibs are sheeite, they always have been and they always fecking will be."

He was right and it is also the answer to your question.

The Real Maroonblood
One of the first pieces of advice I recall receiving came from my Uncle Norrie when I was first getting interested in football when I was about 5.

He said to me "Son, just remember Hibs are sheeite, they always have been and they always fecking will be."

He was right and it is also the answer to your question.

That's one thing about Hibs threads everyone agrees they are inferior to us.

Chad Sexington
Check your history. :mad:

There is only one decade where Mini Tim FC has got the better of us. Even with their fabled Fhamous Fhive they couldn't get the better of us.

The Edinburgh derby is the most one sided in world football. Fact.

Correct.

Their derby record should be a source of constant humiliation to them.

A good Hearts fan should take every opportunity to remind these simpletons of that.

FTH. :107years:

Correct.

A good Hearts fan should take every opportunity to remind these simpletons of that.

they are 5hite simple as... big team, wee team etc

When I think of Hibernians aka the Rose'n'Crown aka the Cask 'n' Barrel, I think of the following

A mass crowd of 8 people to meet and greet their famous prodigal son at the start of the week. It truly was cringeworthy

I think how they took 5,000 fans through for a semi final against their fierce rivals (we took 7 times that)

I think of 18 in a row

I think of 22 in a row

I think How Alan Rough NEVER once experienced victory against us

I think about a 'famous 5'. So famous nae c *** minds them

I think of the speccy sex pests and the rapist from Wheel of Fortune

:107years:

Guest juvehearts

I have always wondered why hibernian can't muster up any sort of excuse, reason or argument as to why they are a lesser team than us.

i have had argument after argument with all kind of ages of hibs fans & they all lead to one thing when we have discussions and i quote every time........ ''aye well we beat you 7-0'')

thats it folks.

a game away back near 50+ years ago that a select few attended that were amoungst us.

i strongly feel that because hearts always get the better of hibs 9 out of 10 times, they have developed a deluded mostly stupid mentaility.

examples.

1. their greatest achivement is where a dundee player stuffed their fearest rivals out of league trophy.

2. No valid excuse as to why their Scottish Cup campaigns are so horrendous.

3.1 Finances & players - they always argue that they have better players than us no matter what.

3.2 Claim to have ??'s in the bank but have'nt broke a Edinburgh transfer limit yet.

4. Think that over the cource of our history they have had more internationals in their team.

Their is 00's more & I have not got the time to list them & i am basically not that childish to.

unlike our hibernaian counterparts with their ccs & yooth firms! who think it is acceptiable to verbally abuse & threaten a young mother with her child.

throw bricks at buses & try to invade hearts pubs in gorgie when their team has gone 2 down after 60 mins.

im not saying Hearts fans are perfect, i just feel that hearts as a whole pitty hibernian Football Club more than hate them because they have & always be forever in our shaddow.

Juve.

rudi must stay
When I think of Hibernians aka the Rose'n'Crown aka the Cask 'n' Barrel, I think of the following

A mass crowd of 8 people to meet and greet their famous prodigal son at the start of the week. It truly was cringeworthy

I think how they took 5,000 fans through for a semi final against their fierce rivals (we took 7 times that)

I think of 18 in a row

I think of 22 in a row

and what was worse, he even went out just to meet them, like it was some big media event

winston churchill
Correct.

that's why i love reading hibs.net.

name your best derby memory likesay:tumbleweed:

Miller Jambo 60
I have always wondered why hibernian can't muster up any sort of excuse, reason or argument as to why they are a lesser team than us.

i have had argument after argument with all kind of ages of hibs fans & they all lead to one thing when we have discussions and i quote every time........ ''aye well we beat you 7-0'')

thats it folks.

a game away back near 50+ years ago that a select few attended that were amoungst us.

i strongly feel that because hearts always get the better of hibs 9 out of 10 times, they have developed a deluded mostly stupid mentaility.

examples.

1. their greatest achivement is where a dundee player stuffed their fearest rivals out of league trophy.

2. No valid excuse as to why their Scottish Cup campaigns are so horrendous.

3.1 Finances & players - they always argue that they have better players than us no matter what.

3.2 Claim to have ??'s in the bank but have'nt broke a Edinburgh transfer limit yet.

4. Think that over the cource of our history they have had more internationals in their team.

Their is 00's more & I have not got the time to list them & i am basically not that childish to.

unlike our hibernaian counterparts with their ccs & yooth firms! who think it is acceptiable to verbally abuse & threaten a young mother with her child.

throw bricks at buses & try to invade hearts pubs in gorgie when their team has gone 2 down after 60 mins.

im not saying Hearts fans are perfect, i just feel that hearts as a whole pitty hibernian Football Club more than hate them because they have & always be forever in our shaddow.

Juve.

Sums it up for me mate:)

PS Did they not have the first flood-lit match.

Oh and that jakey scoreboard, that never worked:)

winston churchill

I think of 18 in a row

I think of 22 in a row

who could ever forget .............jim the helicopter duffy.

hearts @ heart

Our history of beating hobo's stretches way back beyond the 60's and any historian would say that the very late 60?s and 70?s was a mere blip.

So results never changed in our favour. We let them have a wee shot just to keep it interesting. ;):)

I have been told that HMFC have the 2nd best derby record in the world, with Real Madrid being top of that league. Not sure if it is true though..........

Could someone post the actual Derby record as it stands just now please. Just so I can back up my goading with hard an fast facts...

The Real Maroonblood
Could someone post the actual Derby record as it stands just now please. Just so I can back up my goading with hard an fast facts...

I have posted it earlier on this thread.

maroonlegions

Summary

First Game Sat 25 Dec 1875 Hearts 1 Hibernian 0

Last Game Sat 19 Jan 2008 Hearts 1 Hibernian 0

Games 604

Wins 269

Draws 134

Losses 195

Abandoned 6

Win % 44.5364238410596%

Draw % 22.1854304635761%

Loss % 32.2847682119205%

Abandoned % .9933774834437%

For 1049:)

Against 880

diff 169

is this it above , taken from London Hearts, if so then it shows we are the daddy and have humped them more times on there OWN cabbage patch then they have won.:107years::107years:

That's one thing about Hibs threads everyone agrees they are inferior to us.

Yes and if Hibs fans excepted it, they might not go about with a chip on their shoulder believing they are the better side all the time when fact after fact, they're proved wrong on almost everything they argue about!

Archived