Old TV adverts - Tennents/McEwans/Morrisons etc.

red21

Was on You Tube trying to find the Tennent's advert that went - 'it comes long, it comes cold, a perfect head to top the gold, and when you're ready go for Tennent's it's waiting there for you.'

No idea why I remember the words (if they are correct) - could just be making the whole advert up and it may never have existed!

Anyway, never found it but found some others that brought back memories - the McEwans lager one (You've got the power), the Tennents Special one (mind and no drop yer kegs Wullie), the I've got mine Tennents adverts - some great adverts that wouldn't look too out of place today.

Anyone mind the advert for Morrisons (a furniture shop I think) that ended - 'Would you credit it, Morrisons would.'

Doctor FinnBarr
Was on You Tube trying to find the Tennent's advert that went - 'it comes long, it comes cold, a perfect head to top the gold, and when you're ready go for Tennent's it's waiting there for you.'

No idea why I remember the words (if they are correct) - could just be making the whole advert up and it may never have existed!

Anyway, never found it but found some others that brought back memories - the McEwans lager one (You've got the power), the Tennents Special one (mind and no drop yer kegs Wullie), the I've got mine Tennents adverts - some great adverts that wouldn't look too out of place today.

Anyone mind the advert for Morrisons (a furniture shop I think) that ended - 'Would you credit it, Morrisons would.'

The ones I can remember were McEwans Lager (the Grousebeaters and the scarey zombie things pushing a large stone), McEwans Export with the miners at Polkemmet singing (not yesterday) and of course every Guinness ad made in about the last 30 years! Oh, and Burns Special (same again Lorraine).

:)

Bomber Harris

McEwans Is The Best Buy, The Best Buy, The Best Buy,

McEwans Is The Best Buy The Best Buy In Beer...

AYE McEWANS

THE BEST BUY IN BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER !

Bomber Harris

Remember the advert in the late 1980's with the guy climbing up the photo negative.....

"I Don't Have To Dig My Hole No More

And My Thirst Is Something Dreadful,

I'm Down Here But The Pub Is Up There

And I've Got My Mind On Tartan Special,

Well Hello There Lynn, Yes I'd Love To Come In......"

The song ends for me there as i can't remember the rest of the words but it was a great wee ditty that i used sing along to when i was a mature pup:p

The advert for Tartan Special with a guy making his way down a series of photographs and chatting to all the people in each one:

"Hello there hen, yes I'd love to come in,

But my mind's on something more delectable,

I'm just about there, and soon I declare,

I'll have that pint of Tartan Special"

(or something like that)

I looked on YouTube for this ages ago, but could never find it. :(

Carl Fredrickson

Hagar The Horrible teaching Lucky Eddie the words to their drinking song......

SKOL

SKOL

SKOL

SKOL

SKOL

SKOL

SKOL

SKOL

SKOL....

Bomber Harris
The advert for Tartan Special with a guy making his way down a series of photographs and chatting to all the people in each one:

"Hello there hen, yes I'd love to come in,

But my mind's on something more delectable,

I'm just about there, and soon I declare,

I'll have that pint of Tartan Special"

(or something like that)

I looked on YouTube for this ages ago, but could never find it. :(

:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

I P Knightley

Ha Ha! Good ones in here - especially like re-hearing the McEwans is the Best Buy song.

Is my memory playing tricks on me or did there used to be a ditty going:

Once you've tasted ***** ******

Nothing Else

Tastes quite the same

***** ***** could've been "Tennant's Lager" but in my mind it will always be "Sheila's panties"

Toxteth O'Grady

A classic Tennants lager advert.

A cyber pint to the first person who can name the Edinburgh pub

Doctor FinnBarr

Pints of Cyber give me wind!

;)

Doctor FinnBarr

This is a good one too - Music by one hit wonders "The Win"

Yep, thats the Zombie things I mentioned.

:eek:

AYE McEWANS

Giving your age away witht at one - I remember it too :sad:.

Also the McEwan's ad (for IPA?) 'Abdul , the bull bull , Emir'.

Can you imagine seeing that now - an Arab sheik in a beer ad.

The Muslim Council would go berserk.

This is a good one too - Music by one hit wonders "The Win"

One hit wonders maybe but mainly composed of ex-Fire Engines members.

heartgarfunkel

Acanthus, Waverley Bridge or Nico's?

Bianco's at West End, maybe.

Many a Friday night in their with about 40 punters from work. And many a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesaday and Thursday with about another 6 or 7 hardcore drammers.

heartgarfunkel

Many a Friday night in their with about 40 punters from work. And many a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesaday and Thursday with about another 6 or 7 hardcore drammers.

Think I meant Bianco's when I said Nico's mate...just up from Fraser's Corner?

I P Knightley
Dougie's song, Frankie singing?

Ain't that the truth but I would have put money on it having been Dougie singing in the advert. Maybe about 50 pee or something.

Shows how much I pay attention to ads.

Any ideas about the "Once you've tasted (Diggers Heavy), nothing else tastes quite the same" ditty? Doing my head in...

AYE McEWANS

Crikey! How old is that? When I was a child, my grandmother used to sing that to me as a lullaby before I went to sleep.

gorgie blizzard

Think it was the one with the guys playin snooker - "once you've tasted Tennants special.....(as the black ball bounces off about 4 cushions and in to the pocket!)....Nothing else tastes quite the same". Cannae get it oot ma heid noo!

marshallschunkychicken

Can't see any of the youtube videos, because I'm at work, but was the music for the ad with the men rolling a big ball up the hill not by Hipsway?

gorgie blizzard

No - that was Win - You've got the power. Hipsway did do a McEwan's advert with the song Tinder - "Setting the world, Set it on fire.......". Can't remember waht the advert was like but the tune was a belter!

One hit wonders maybe but mainly composed of ex-Fire Engines members.

Was Super Popoid Groove not a big hit?

What was the advert where the guy sold his Wembley ticket in the pub to get another round. Couldn't have been a beer advert surely.

gorgie blizzard
Was Super Popoid Groove not a big hit?

What was the advert where the guy sold his Wembley ticket in the pub to get another round. Couldn't have been a beer advert surely.

Aye - that was there biggest hit. Unfortunately they split up but the lead singer eventually formed The Nectarine #9 in the mid 90's.

No sure about the advert wi the Wembley ticket tho.

Aye - that was there biggest hit. Unfortunately they split up but the lead singer eventually formed The Nectarine #9 in the mid 90's.

Davey Henderson is now in a band called The Sexual Objects. They had an excellent single out last year.

How about Robbie Coltrane as The Tartan Pimpernel? "Pint of Tartan Special before you go about your business, gents?"

Toxteth O'Grady

CORRECT

232189970_a565c02797.jpg

Doctor FinnBarr
Didn't one of the Tennant's can girls rather stupidly and displaying no taste whatsoever, marry that brain-dead cretin Alan Rough?

Yep, can't remember what one tho!

Carl Fredrickson
No - that was Win - You've got the power. Hipsway did do a McEwan's advert with the song Tinder - "Setting the world, Set it on fire.......". Can't remember waht the advert was like but the tune was a belter!

The advert with Tinder was a black and white arty one in a train station - cant mind too much about it - maybe a couple on the platform, someone getting out of a car.... too many years and ales to mind the detail

PontiusPilate

Strike it rich with Dryburghs keg heavy

The heavy thats Scotlands beer

Also saw a McEwans Export ad getting filmed in Aberdeen fishmarket, exciting wasn't the word!

Davey Henderson is now in a band called The Sexual Objects. They had an excellent single out last year.

How about Robbie Coltrane as The Tartan Pimpernel? "Pint of Tartan Special before you go about your business' date=' gents?"[/quote']

Davey Henderson is one of my all time favourite recording artists believe it or not. Remember going to see Win at the Venue when I was 16. Loved Nectarine No 9. Pity he's a Hobo

I P Knightley
Think it was the one with the guys playin snooker - "once you've tasted Tennants special.....(as the black ball bounces off about 4 cushions and in to the pocket!)....Nothing else tastes quite the same". Cannae get it oot ma heid noo!

Tennant's Special - that's the dab.

Cheers.

Toxteth O'Grady
Didn't one of the Tennant's can girls rather stupidly and displaying no taste whatsoever, marry that brain-dead cretin Alan Rough?

It must have been Georgina

She looks like she has no taste

:107years:

Anyone remember English actor Harry Towb doing "your beer is good"?

Now that's an advert.

Davey Henderson is one of my all time favourite recording artists believe it or not. Remember going to see Win at the Venue when I was 16. Loved Nectarine No 9. Pity he's a Hobo

aye and a full on annoying little hibby too ... good artist though

used to go out with the manageress of Cruise who was quite tasty,unfortunately most of the guys who were in Edinburgh bands at the time were also arch hibees ... anyone remember the band the 'hi bees'?

Archived