Jobs while at Uni

Romanov Stole My Pension

Romanov Stole My Pension

I'm moving back to Glasgow in a couple of weeks for uni, and this year i'm really going to need a job to keep my finances in order. At the moment I'm working at Tesco so i reckon i'll end up applying for another one in Glasgow but just thought i'd see if the jambos out there had any other ideas.

Tesco would be the easiest job for me to get since i've worked there for ages in Edinburgh and the pay is half decent.

Bar work in a nightclub would be less pay but it would mean i'm always guaranteed to be able to make the Hearts games.

What do you other students work as?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Retails not bad part time.

Easy work, usually attractive birds and you get free clothes.

Call centre.

Loads of cool people about the same age.

Hunner's of burds (met my burd working there).

Warm and dry with little or no stress.

Damn good money for such an easy job.

Overtime during summer.

Not bad at all.

I'm moving back to Glasgow in a couple of weeks for uni, and this year i'm really going to need a job to keep my finances in order. At the moment I'm working at Tesco so i reckon i'll end up applying for another one in Glasgow but just thought i'd see if the jambos out there had any other ideas.

Tesco would be the easiest job for me to get since i've worked there for ages in Edinburgh and the pay is half decent.

Bar work in a nightclub would be less pay but it would mean i'm always guaranteed to be able to make the Hearts games.

What do you other students work as?

I dont think Bar work/nightclub work would guarentee you made Hearts games!

Plus the hours are awful (in nightclubs) you end up getting home at 5-6 in the morning (having only been paid until 3) and missing your early lectures!

Stick at Tescos if you can get shifts that fit around your lectures etc.

Even an extra 100quid a week will be of great benifit to you.

Would also advise against nightclub work!

Knew a few folk at uni who did it, and they were wroking till 6 a.m. and ended up dropping out within a year as they never made it to any lectures

I heard Tesco pay pretty well and give free shares n' stuff.

Cheap food and booze also.

I'd stay there.

They do. Depending on amount of time spent with them.

I have around ?2000 in shares I think. Buy them every month too.

Tescos benefites are decent after the first year, as thats when everything kicks in.

Stick there if you can.

Drop me a pm if you are still looking for work in Glasgow. I run a fairly small Call Centre through in the Weege and will be looking for staff soon.

Romanov Stole My Pension
Drop me a pm if you are still looking for work in Glasgow. I run a fairly small Call Centre through in the Weege and will be looking for staff soon.

That good of you thanks, I'll know probably know soon if my tesco transfer is successful (unlikely) so i'll know my situation soon.

Thanks for youre replies everyone, i'll see if Tesco give me a job in glesga and take that if possible.

Kennedy Bakircioglu

On the subject of jobs, does anyone have any off-hand work for the next three weeks in Edinburgh? I'm basically willing to do anything available!

Waitering is good as a student. Convenient hours and tips.

That's certaily true.

Knew a burd who worked in TGI Fridays who used to make ?100 a day in tips alone. Not bad work if you can handle it.

A Boy Named Crow

When I was at uni I did a range of jobs, call centres, bar work etc. The best by far though was when I did the evening shift for an insurance company. We were basically just doing office admin stuff like data input, but the money was great and you only worked six till nine. Over the summer I got to do as many hours as I liked (day or evening) to cover holidays and the like.

Unfortunately for you, I noticed last time I was up in Glasgow that their office has been knocked down, but there must be loads of jobs like that.

Call centre.

Loads of cool people about the same age.

Hunner's of burds (met my burd working there).

Warm and dry with little or no stress.

Damn good money for such an easy job.

Overtime during summer.

Not bad at all.

I agree.

My daughter starts at Stirling in about a week and is looking for part-time work. If anyone has any ideas I would be obliged.( And lets keep it sensible and clean please):nono:

My daughter starts at Stirling in about a week and is looking for part-time work. If anyone has any ideas I would be obliged.( And lets keep it sensible and clean please):nono:

If she is going into first year and living in halls, she should apply for work on campus in the union perhaps, as the town is a bus trip there and back.

Those bus fares are valuable drinking money!

Get her p...

Sorry just read the last bit..apologies..:rolleyes:

That's certaily true.

Knew a burd who worked in TGI Fridays who used to make ?100 a day in tips alone. Not bad work if you can handle it.

Not bad, but I knew a burd (medical student) who used to work in the Fantasy Palace. She could make about ?600 for 3 nights work (+ tips) on rugby weekends :eek:

Not bad, but I knew a burd (medical student) who used to work in the Fantasy Palace. She could make about ?600 for 3 nights work (+ tips) on rugby weekends :eek:

The one you knew probably had a superior rack also. :P

If she is going into first year and living in halls, she should apply for work on campus in the union perhaps, as the town is a bus trip there and back.

Those bus fares are valuable drinking money!

Thanks for that. I'll pass that on .:thumb: As for the others ......Is there a Smiley for ' Behave yourself, she's old enough to be my daughter, your day will come when you will be in the same boat'

I work a flexible office job with not-to-be-sniffed at pay for a temp agency, Pertemps. I believe you can get similar through Office Angels etc. As long as I do more than my absolute minimum hours a week and give them a rough idea of when I'll be in they let me just get on with it.

got a job working in a museum to help paying bills and books. great wage, incredibly easy work, loads of overtime and looks good on the ol' CV. a very cushy number...

tommythejambo

I work in the Sportsman in Musselburgh. Pay is okay and got an arrangement which means I very rarely work on Friday or Saturday.

Happy days.

Archived