Goncalves

The Merse

Wikipedia* says he's had 3 appearences, I don't know any of there results though.

* I understand Wikipedia can be alot of p!sh.

Crowds of 40,000 and 30,000 for their first two home games. Looks like Jose has hit the big time.

df67951043.jpg

If he's learned how to either tackle, control the ball, head it or pass it then he's improved on his time with us:)

God let's hope so then we get ?2.5m for him. if not, he comes back.

Say What Again
I'm sure old Spaghetti legs

crazylegscrane1.jpg

crazylegs.jpg

As a side note: While searching for Crazy Legs pics, Wiki said he only ever featured in 16 episodes. :sad:

I preferred him (uh-huh, uh-huh) chasing that dragonfly (seenior, crazzzy legs) to the Pink Panther Show it was part of. :mad:

crazylegscrane1.jpg

crazylegs.jpg

As a side note: While searching for Crazy Legs pics, Wiki said he only ever featured in 16 episodes. :sad:

I preferred him (uh-huh, uh-huh) chasing that dragonfly (seenior, crazzzy legs) to the Pink Panther Show it was part of. :mad:

Completely true - what a blast from the past!!!!!!! Ha ha ha!!

I used to watch this as a kid on a Saturday early evening eating a hard boiled egg and toast, fairly positive it was followed by CHIPs (the show not for me to eat)!!! :dribble:

Completely true - what a blast from the past!!!!!!! Ha ha ha!!

I used to watch this as a kid on a Saturday early evening eating a hard boiled egg and toast, fairly positive it was followed by CHIPs (the show not for me to eat)!!! :dribble:

Was it not on Glen Michaels cavalcade on a sunday?.

Anybody any idea how he is getting on over in Germany?

I had a wee check last week. So far he has played in a cup game and all three of their league appearances. Don't think he has been substituted. I had a look at the star ratings provided by Kicker, and he seems to have done OK. Struggling to find any references to him in the individual match reports, though. His team has 4 points from 3 matches.

jamboinglasgow

tin hat on here but I thought last night that is it possible that we should of kept Jose rather than send him on loan. Let me explain, we all know that Jose looked a cracking player in his first few months at hearts before he picked up that bad knock. He then had a mixed few months trying to get back to fitness. We had a turbulent time with coaches which could of knocked Jose's confidence. Could he have improved alot under Csaba? We have certainly seen a few players do that.

tin hat on here but I thought last night that is it possible that we should of kept Jose rather than send him on loan. Let me explain, we all know that Jose looked a cracking player in his first few months at hearts before he picked up that bad knock. He then had a mixed few months trying to get back to fitness. We had a turbulent time with coaches which could of knocked Jose's confidence. Could he have improved alot under Csaba? We have certainly seen a few players do that.

Agree with that.

Not saying that he would definately improve under Csaba. But there is a good chance he would have and in my opinion he is a better left back than Lee Wallace.

Unless there is a young player about to break through - if Lee Wallace gets a suspension or injury we have absolutely no cover at left back.

Understand the chance of the money was too good to turn down - but surely we need more than 1 player who can play left back? None of Palazuelos, Karipidis, Obua (or even Neilson who I think played there once for us) will do a good job in the SPL at left back.

Any youngsters for that position?

Charlie-Brown
Unless there is a young player about to break through - if Lee Wallace gets a suspension or injury we have absolutely no cover at left back.

Understand the chance of the money was too good to turn down - but surely we need more than 1 player who can play left back? None of Palazuelos, Karipidis, Obua (or even Neilson who I think played there once for us) will do a good job in the SPL at left back.

Any youngsters for that position?

Johnny Brown can play either fullback position whilst Mikey Deland is going to be an absolutely top class player once he breaks through. :)

Johnny Brown can play either fullback position whilst Mikey Deland is going to be an absolutely top class player once he breaks through. :)

Whats the background on the young chap Mikey, mate?

As for Jose - the money was far too good to turn down.

Are either of them ready for the first team squad?:)

Charlie-Brown
Are either of them ready for the first team squad?:)

Well it depends on who we were playing & how many games they'd be expected to play etc but they certainly got the ability to become first team players and are our best fullback prospects but they might probably play some of the older reserve players ahead of them (like.....beslija....)

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/ReserveTeam/0,,10289,00.html

Well it depends on who we were playing & how many games they'd be expected to play etc but they certainly got the ability to become first team players and are our best fullback prospects but they might probably play some of the older reserve players ahead of them (like.....beslija....)

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/ReserveTeam/0,,10289,00.html

:rofl:

What a joke figure Besijla has been at Hearts.

As for Brown, if Wallace were unfortunate enough to get a bad injury - he could have to play about 20 games prior to the transfer window!

:rofl:

What a joke figure Besijla has been at Hearts.

As for Brown, if Wallace were unfortunate enough to get a bad injury - he could have to play about 20 games prior to the transfer window!

Berra can play left back if we are desperate. We also have Rapnik, Karipidis and Obua who have all featured there in first team games. More than adequate cover.

Archived