your most underated Hearts player ever...

droid

lot of good threads over the last week or so,really got me all reminiscent(spelling?).

so who did you really rate yet strangely no one else did?

lot of good threads over the last week or so,really got me all reminiscent(spelling?).

Tam Flogel for me! Never thought he got the deserved recognition for being a fantastic player (in almost EVERY position) for us. IMMENSE in the '98 final.

Scott_HMFC1874

Barasa.

He was a cracking wee player :rolleyes:

seriously though, Tommy Gronlund was one i liked that no one i knew did haha.

Tam Flogel for me! Never thought he got the deserved recognition for being a fantastic player (in almost EVERY position) for us. IMMENSE in the '98 final.

Yeah but to be fair he wasn't under rated IMO,everyone knew how good he was and how important he was.

Where as I lost count of the number of times I got into arguments with other fans over Kenny Black.

Scott Severin. Not a brilliant player, but vastly underrated and built for the demands of the SPL. In his five full seasons he averaged over thirty games in each which in Scotland is some feat. His departure was keenly felt by Hearts, and I was genuinely sad that he left, especially for a team beneath us and him. Always thought he might have gone on to get the record appearances had he stayed.

HillmanHearts

Dave Mcreary - Underated by lots of Hearts fans. ( wish he was here longer )

Steve Fulton - Underated by most other fans. ( awsome in 1997/98 season)

Think McFarlane never really got much credit, except from your man Makween. He did the job he was asked to do.

Kisnorbo I thought was decent, however, the general feeling was he was pish.

Ian Ferguson, the Raith guy, I thought was decent but never really got a fair crack IMO.

Thought of him as well when I saw the thread.

scott herbertson

...oh and I thought Kevin Hegarty wasn't given a fair chance and could have developed with a longer run or a better team around him

Got to be Zibby for me. In the few games he played at Tynie his contribution was immense, Legend. Sod Robbo, Zibby WAS the Hammer of the Hibs, end off!!

Monsieur Maroon

I have fond memories of Mike Galloway, especially in the back from the brink video. I was quite young though so he may have been crap!

Broxburn Jambo

Jim Cruickshank.... A sin at the paltry number of caps he received.

Alan Anderson.... A Man Mountain of a defender that Scotland slectors thought was worse than Billy McNeil!!!!!

Willie Johnston..... His reputation overshadowed the real class that he had.

Charlie-Brown

Vincent Guerin and Iain Jardine were 2 players who I thought were really good players for us, prior to that Paddy Byrne & Peter Shields were great players the year we won promotion.

The Marooney Meister

Ian Jardine and George Cowie.

Don't think we lost many games when Jardine played and he hit a shot as sweet as anybody. Cowie will always be remembered for that goal at Muirton Park? from the halfway line and he never let us down.

Also thought Sandy 'big teeth' Jardine was a great player for us. But maybe age fades the memory :)

From memory, Roald Jensen, Jim Cant, George Fleming, Jimmy Sandison, Kenny Black, Ian Jardine, Neil Berry & Brian Whittaker ( R.I.P. ).

Dr Ian Malcolm

Neilson seems to be rated a lot more by fans of other sides than his own.

Darren Jackson was a very important player for us when he came, played a major part in keeping us up - thought he was treated unfairly by Hearts in the end.

I'd agree with Boyack - started off a bit indifferently then had a good season when we finished third under Levein (the first time I think, the one with 5-1, 1-2, 4-4 etc.)

Cruickie - in a Scotland sense

Arthur Mann - one of the best full backs in Britain at the time imo

But Arthur went on to play for Man City so he was hardly "Under Rated" but he was a great player.

Jankauskus. Only took ?1m out of the club but.... boy could he hold the ball up.

Graham Thomson

Sandy Clarke, just ask robbo.. Ian Jardine, Stevie Frail, Brian Whitaker, Walter Kidd. Peter Oliver. John Stevenson, remember his goal against the we team in 74, at tynie. did he score it, or is my mind playing tricks on me. it was the 4-1 game.

But Arthur went on to play for Man City so he was hardly "Under Rated" but he was a great player.

Aye but he was played on the left wing at MC because the LB was the captain Tony Book(sp)?? Never really heard of him again. Just thought he was one of the best full backs at the time.

Archived