International weeks

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Am I the only person who gets p***ed off when there is no HMFC game on a Saturday to allow for internationals? What was wrong with the internationals being in midweek only with Saturdays kept for the club games?

itsnomarooned

Wouldn't make any difference as there'd be no games the weekend before to accomodate the squad getting together and travelling etc.

Dougie Masterton
Am I the only person who gets p***ed off when there is no HMFC game on a Saturday to allow for internationals? What was wrong with the internationals being in midweek only with Saturdays kept for the club games?

Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that your team is worse that ours. :eek:

Not long enough to prepare, I presume.

You're not following N.I. this time round?

OF players would look even more dodgy than now. Playing Saturday/Sunday. Missing the Wednesday international due to injury then miracously being fit for the Saturday/Sunday after the international.

I hope both Walter Smith and George Burley have got the balls to tell Barry(I will walk straight back into the Rangers and Scotland teams) to earn his place.

John

Geoff Kilpatrick
Not long enough to prepare, I presume.

You're not following N.I. this time round?

I'll still follow NI (from 10,000 miles away) but I just don't see for all this build-up nonsense to the internationals. Saturdays for the club stuff, Wednesdays for the internationals. No need for this 'week off' nonsense.

International weeks are brilliant.

I love Scotland games and it gives our injury prone squad a chance to try and get fit.

tommythejambo

I hate international weeks.

Annoyingly breaks up the domestic season for sub-standard football.

Chad Sexington
International weeks are brilliant.

I love Scotland games and it gives our injury prone squad a chance to try and get fit.

Spot on.

:)

I'll still follow NI (from 10,000 miles away) but I just don't see for all this build-up nonsense to the internationals. Saturdays for the club stuff, Wednesdays for the internationals. No need for this 'week off' nonsense.

I guess when football cards where played entirely on a Saturday this was possible. TV has put paid to that though.

Slightly off topic, but do you know who started the Healy "Away in a manger" chant?

One of the funniest things I ever heard at Fulham last season, but wasn't sure if it was a Fulham chant or if you guys sang it first.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Slightly off topic, but do you know who started the Healy "Away in a manger" chant?

One of the funniest things I ever heard at Fulham last season, but wasn't sure if it was a Fulham chant or if you guys sang it first.

No, it's an Norn Iron song. It grew in popularity after the win over Ingerlund in Belfast! :)

If they did away with International football it wouldn't bother me one jot.

FAR rather watch the JT's than sh|tey Scotland.

Can't believe all the negativity about the national team. I've always supported two teams, Hearts and Scotland. The international scene complements the domestic game and I would miss supporting football at a local and national level.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Love Scotland games.

Only chance I get to support a team with my mates in the boozer as a lot of them are Hibs barstards.

If they did away with International football it wouldn't bother me one jot.

FAR rather watch the JT's than sh|tey Scotland.

Would you watch them if they were good?

Would you watch them if they were good?

Doubt it.

I think the main reason I can't be arsed with it is that I hate a lot of our players.

I find it difficult to get behind wee toleys like Ferguson, Boyd, McManus etc. and I can't be doing with the Tartan Army and all their anti-England crap.

Doubt it.

I think the main reason I can't be arsed with it is that I hate a lot of our players.

I find it difficult to get behind wee toleys like Ferguson, Boyd, McManus etc. and I can't be doing with the Tartan Army and all their anti-England crap.

Aye, I suffer from the same. Like with Hearts at times though (mainly last season!), I find it hard not to watch Scotland, even if the thought of another desolate 90 minutes makes me want to run for the off license...

Chad Sexington
Aye, I suffer from the same. Like with Hearts at times though (mainly last season!), I find it hard not to watch Scotland, even if the thought of another desolate 90 minutes makes me want to run for the off license...

I'm the same. I've lost count of the many torturous, mind numbing games Scotland have put me through, but I always come back for more. I always do whatever I can to get to a TV. Drink certainly helps when enduring the average Scotland game though.

At least during the last campaign they were actually quite exciting to watch at times.

I would draw the line at traveling away with the TA though.

Too many attention seekers and professional..."will ye have a wee dram?"... Scotsmen for my tastes.

I also find the singing of Doe A Deer repugnant. :sad:

I love watching Scotland.

What i don't love is the run up to international games. Newspapers are boring and football on tv during the week to watch!

I would draw the line at traveling away with the TA though.

Too many attention seekers and professional..."will ye have a wee dram?"... Scotsmen for my tastes.

Same here, i'm a massive Scotland fan but cannot be arsed with the tartan army.

I cannae be arsed with it to be honest. I'll watch the game but if they don't win then I won't be crying into my beer.

scottish_chicP

I don't get too many Scotland games but would still say I was almost as passionate about Scotland as I am about the JT's

During the week you do feel a bit 'lost' but come the Saturday or Wednesday there is that connection with your country that makes you feel just as if you were watching your team -- bitter disappointment or great joy.

The lows are not so low but the highs are great because they involve the whole nation can be great -- but it's time to qualify now.

I love the international weekends/weeks.

They only come around 3/4 times a year and i always look forward to them, especially weeks like these when we have a double header coming up.

The only thing i dont like about them is there isnt as much games on the coupons to choose from for a punt.

scott herbertson

accidently started by a Hearts fan

FACT , as they say

;)

Said this before, but I was a Scotland fan long before I was a Hearts fan. Nowadays I'd say they are equally important.

I actually don't mind the games being on a Saturday. Fake 'injuries' to OF players have been the curse of the national team for years (Souness damn nearly stopped us from going to Italy in 1990 by pulling Johnston & McCoist from the squad for two crucial away games) and at least this way they can't magically become fit for their club match 3 days later.

Captain Canada

Without international games, a section of the Tartan Army would have to find another vehicle for their anti-English bile. I'm Scottish and started going to the games a few years back but quickly had enough of it. The recent booing of other countries national anthems was a disgrace as well and hopefully won't continue in this campaign.

Archived