No more paying Transfer Fees........

Clerry Jambo

Well it does look like we are now back in the pack and no longer going to be paying a transfer fee.

It appears Vlad has had his fingers burnt with 850k ( Bes ) 500k ( Makela ) and maybe to an extent 750k ( Jose ) although we may recoup that if he sells him to Nuremberg.

Yes we can pay higher wages than most but I think we can forget another Romanov statement about paying millions for a player if HE wanted him.

Now maybe in some ways this is a good thing considering our level of debt but wasn't it exciting for a wee brief spell when Vlad came onboard that we could or where willing to spend to get that higher calibre of player.

Ach well if was nice while it lasted................:(

We've got to remeber that the new stand is going to take up all the money we have at the moment so I for one don't mind us not spending a large transfer fee.

There are still some "gems" out there that do not require a fee to bring them to the club.

It was always a nice thought however that Vlad could spend more if he identified a good player, exciting times indeed my friend

It certainly seems that way mate.

There is a school of thought that he wont invest much in the team until the stand is built so that we've got the income coming in to support the wages, but if he doesn't invest in the team there'll be no bugger wanting into the stand.

There is a school of thought that he wont invest much in the team until the stand is built so that we've got the income coming in to support the wages, but if he doesn't invest in the team there'll be no bugger wanting into the stand.

...and (THROUGH NO PARTICULAR FAULT OF VLAD) the new stand wont be built any time soon

But the OP simply re-affirms the reality that is more apparent now.

We are where we have always been.

And this is fine, as long as Vlad doesnt shaft us and stops playing up with our managers

Exactly LC - it's not rocket science is it!!

Allied to the calibre of player we have been bringing in which has obviously not been as good, although I don't get along to see the reserves / youths these days, their results suggest we don't have the quality of youngsters either that many on here say we have coming through.

I suspect though thats maybe down to the quality of coaches but I suppose that's another topic of discussion altogether:eek:

We've got to remeber that the new stand is going to take up all the money we have at the moment so I for one don't mind us not spending a large transfer fee.

There are still some "gems" out there that do not require a fee to bring them to the club.

It was always a nice thought however that Vlad could spend more if he identified a good player, exciting times indeed my friend

And what money is it we have exactly? We have nothing but debt.

No no no, wait a minute - this cannot be right? Vlad assured the BBC on his Mockumentary that he'd pay ?10M for a player if it was right? Does this mean he has been telling us lies? Surely not, we all know Vlad to be the most honest and trustworthy owner in Hearts history.

:rolleyes:

But we have the option to extend our borrowing given the fact that we have done this before. All cash generated from player sales and commercial activity has been earmarked for the new stand.

Hence the prudent appraoch to transfer fees

No no no, wait a minute - this cannot be right? Vlad assured the BBC on his Mockumentary that he'd pay ?10M for a player if it was right? Does this mean he has been telling us lies? Surely not, we all know Vlad to be the most honest and trustworthy owner in Hearts history.

Quite right Swanny, must be some mistake . . .

Did we not pay a fee for Kingston and will do the same with Tullberg if he works out.I personally like the way Vlad works these deals.

Did we not pay a fee for Kingston and will do the same with Tullberg if he works out.I personally like the way Vlad works these deals.

I agree

He did actually learn his lesson positively on that one through Lee Miller.

One year loan with first option for an agreed fee are much more common deals these days

A Boy Named Crow

2005/06 was awesome, the posibilities were endless. It was a very dangerous game though. I think if we can build a team in the normal,organic, way we stand a much better chance of long-term success and stability. Remember we still have a sizeable budget for wages, in SPL terms. This should prevent what happened to the 98 team happening again.

I do think Vlad is full of it, if he told me the sky was blue I'd look out the window, but this tactic does make much more sense that throwing money at players and racking up the debt. It would just have been better, for him and us, if he could have been a bit more realistic to begin with.

He was talking about Brazillian Dollars at he time rather than Pounds but the same principals apply.

2005/06 was awesome, the posibilities were endless. It was a very dangerous game though. I think if we can build a team in the normal,organic, way we stand a much better chance of long-term success and stability. Remember we still have a sizeable budget for wages, in SPL terms. This should prevent what happened to the 98 team happening again.

I do think Vlad is full of it, if he told me the sky was blue I'd look out the window, but this tactic does make much more sense that throwing money at players and racking up the debt. It would just have been better, for him and us, if he could have been a bit more realistic to begin with.

Aint that the truth. If we'd grown organically :rolleyes: since 2005, or even just within sensible financial constraints ...........who knows what kind of footing might we be on just now.

Having said that, the rollercoaster ride was a cracker eh :)

I agree, this is a very sensible approach in my opinion. We have been stung by paying up front one too many times. I'm comfortable with this approach and hope it continues. Okay we may miss out on the odd player as clubs will hold out for a fee, however it means that any player that we do splash out on will already have been given the once over by fans and coaches alike...

But we will continue to invest in the youth team so we should see more players in the first team coming from the academy.

We paid ?0.5m for Nade last August.

I think that we will continue to pay a transfer fee when merited but nothing like the money spent on Beslija, Makela etc.... and I am not disppointed with that.

Wages wise we can compete with everyone outwith the OF easily. However in many ways I would rather buy in young talent and develop them through the academy.

Archived