BAD HEARTS SUPPORTER?

I moved away from Edinburgh when i was 7. Lived in Glenrothes from 7 to 12. Since then ive unfortunately lived in Dundee.

When i was younger i always asked my family to take me to Tynie but it just never seemed to happen.

Since living in Dundee though ive been to most of the Hearts games up here, against both teams, and also been upto Pittodrie for away games.

I regret not going to the 2006 cup final as there was nothing stopping me, just the fact that all my family were watching it on the TV so i went along with plans. But i was up Princes St the following day watching the cup be paraded around Edinburgh, just as i was as a young lad in 1998. "the Hearts are having a party."

Ive found myself going to more and more Utd games with my GF and even the cup final last season, and only just managed to convince her to repay me by coming to Hearts games.

Last season however, i went to Tynie for the first time with my cousin, the 1-0 win over Utd when Kingston scored, and also the first game of this season my GF came to the win over 'Well.

I felt at home at Tynie and it was a different feeling sitting in amongst Hearts fans and supporting Hearts, than it ever was at Tannadice.

But i just cant help think that i cant possibly be considered a supporter, merely just a fan/follower.

I plan to go to the Hearts United game up here on the 27th and also my first ever derby in October.

Does all this make me less of a Hearts Supporter than the guys who've been season ticket holders for years and have witnessed the ups and downs of life as a Jambo?

Mikey

Why do we need to know all of this?

well you dont, but i was reading through the worst moments as a Hearts fan threads, and havent witnessed any of them, so i was just wondering if it makes me less of a supporter in the eyes of other supporters.

well you dont, but i was reading through the worst moments as a Hearts fan threads, and havent witnessed any of them, so i was just wondering if it makes me less of a supporter in the eyes of other supporters.

Yes, it does. You're only a proper Jambo if you've witnessed the worst, most depressing moments in the club's recent history.

Anything less and you're a part-timer, I'm afraid.

Hope this helps.

Yes, it does. You're only a proper Jambo if you've witnessed the worst, most depressing moments in the club's recent history.

Anything less and you're a part-timer, I'm afraid.

Hope this helps.

But you haven't seen the worst, most depressing moments in the club's recent history either?

Part timer. :sad:

JamboBannon10

I think the fact that u moved away at a young age and grew up with not many if any hearts fans your age etc and yet u still made the effort to goto the games in dundee when some would have drifted from the flock maybe even became a supporter of 1 of the dundee teams :eek: counts for a lot although think you should of made the effort for the final! in conclusion id say dont worry about it and get to as many games as you can!

Dear Mikey

Even you must recognize that you're way distant from a proper fan.

For starters, you're obviously in dire need of counseling about how to start the counseling process the rest of us have already gone through.

By the way, most of the samaritans that set out to help me are sadly no longer with us. It was too big an ask. :(

Sincerely,

David

Does all this make me less of a Hearts Supporter than the guys who've been season ticket holders for years and have witnessed the ups and downs of life as a Jambo?

Mikey

Repeat after me.

-VADL OUT!

-END OFF!

-*insert player name here* is not fit for purpose/is 2nd division level at best.

-Csaba is a puppet, why else would he pick Zaliukas?

After that is done, you have to endure the trial of rage vibration.

Then, and only then, you'll be a proper Jambo.

I moved away from Edinburgh when i was 7. Lived in Glenrothes from 7 to 12. Since then ive unfortunately lived in Dundee.

When i was younger i always asked my family to take me to Tynie but it just never seemed to happen.

Since living in Dundee though ive been to most of the Hearts games up here, against both teams, and also been upto Pittodrie for away games.

I regret not going to the 2006 cup final as there was nothing stopping me, just the fact that all my family were watching it on the TV so i went along with plans. But i was up Princes St the following day watching the cup be paraded around Edinburgh, just as i was as a young lad in 1998. "the Hearts are having a party."

Ive found myself going to more and more Utd games with my GF and even the cup final last season, and only just managed to convince her to repay me by coming to Hearts games.

Last season however, i went to Tynie for the first time with my cousin, the 1-0 win over Utd when Kingston scored, and also the first game of this season my GF came to the win over 'Well.

I felt at home at Tynie and it was a different feeling sitting in amongst Hearts fans and supporting Hearts, than it ever was at Tannadice.

But i just cant help think that i cant possibly be considered a supporter, merely just a fan/follower.

I plan to go to the Hearts United game up here on the 27th and also my first ever derby in October.

Mikey

I live in Dundee too, and have retained my season ticket, I believe there may be a couple more, so maybe we can start a bus! Funnily enough, if the opportunity lends itself, I also go to see Utd for a beer and a game, but feel nothing towards the team on the park.

Mikey,

People move on in life and do different things. Work can take you elsewhere, your family can take you elsewhere, and sometimes your career can involve working weekends or other times when matches are on, some people can't afford to go to every game even though they would like to.

It took me a long time to figure it out but life does not revolve around football. There are more important things in life family in particular. You may not go to every game but the simple fact is not everyone can do that. That does NOT make you any less of a Hearts fan than anyone else. We are all the same, we all belong to the same family, and we all want the same thing. Anyone who says you are less of a fan is either A) a complete moron, or B) a spotty teenager that doesn't know any better.

SM

Of course you're a Hearts supporter.

When people ask you who your team is and you reply "Hearts" then you're a Hearts supporter.

The People's Chimp
Of course you're a Hearts supporter.

When people ask you who your team is and you reply "Hearts" then you're a Hearts supporter.

Seconded. The thing is, hang around long enough, and you'll have all the scars as well.

See you at tynie soon.

Mikey

Don't worry mate. It's in your blood by the sound of things, so you are no less a Jambo than some of the smart @rses on this thread. It would be easy in your position to adopt one of the OF as your team but you've stuck with the JT's, so good on you.

There's no harm in watching other teams if they are more local to you. As long as you're in the right end when the Hearts are in town.

Also, if you're keeping your bird sweet then you're doing the right thing. Hearts are magic but they cannae warm your bed at night. ;)

'mon the HEARTS!!!!!!!!!

Being a Hearts supporter isn't about what you have done or where you have been.

It's a state of mind.

I would recommend that you just enjoy it - except that emotion only occurs every couple of years . . .

But you haven't seen the worst, most depressing moments in the club's recent history either?

Part timer. :sad:

I know. And it hurts me every day thinking about it. :sad:

i live in the ferry, and there's loads of hearts fans in the dundee area. i've never lived in edinburgh, but my grandad had a house on gorgie road so its a family thing. all my uncles, cousins etc are all hearts daft and most of them live around dundee.

why go to tannadice when you dont like united ? i managed to convince my girlfriend to become a hearts season ticket holder, you should try going down that route !

Mikey,

People move on in life and do different things. Work can take you elsewhere, your family can take you elsewhere, and sometimes your career can involve working weekends or other times when matches are on, some people can't afford to go to every game even though they would like to.

It took me a long time to figure it out but life does not revolve around football. There are more important things in life family in particular. You may not go to every game but the simple fact is not everyone can do that. That does NOT make you any less of a Hearts fan than anyone else. We are all the same, we all belong to the same family, and we all want the same thing. Anyone who says you are less of a fan is either A) a complete moron, or B) a spotty teenager that doesn't know any better.

SM

Probably the best post I have seen on here in a long long time, certainly resonates with me

i live in the ferry, and there's loads of hearts fans in the dundee area. i've never lived in edinburgh, but my grandad had a house on gorgie road so its a family thing. all my uncles, cousins etc are all hearts daft and most of them live around dundee.

why go to tannadice when you dont like united ? i managed to convince my girlfriend to become a hearts season ticket holder, you should try going down that route !

How do you travel to games?

Could a Dundee bus be an option after all?

Wouldn't worry about it. Just as women watch depressing soap operas in order to feel that their life is not so bad, some men seek the same sort of fix by finding the negative in everything that happens at their football club.

i normally get the megabus through to Edinburgh. But my GF just passed her driving test and got a car. Im thinking about getting a season ticket for next season though so is there any contact details for a Dundee bus and pick up point?

Fact of the matter is you see yourself as a Hearts supporter you make the games that you can therefore you ARE a Hearts supporter.

welcome home, Glad to have you with us :)

nah you're still considered a fan but just not as much as the season ticket holders as they are more loyal like myself ;). cant wait to the derby though ! derek riordan will be a threat but i think we'll overcome the green ****e !

I'm Patrick c ya

Repeat after me.

-VADL OUT!

-END OFF!

-*insert player name here* is not fit for purpose/is 2nd division level at best.

-Csaba is a puppet, why else would he pick Zaliukas?

After that is done, you have to endure the trial of rage vibration.

Then, and only then, you'll be a proper Jambo.

VADL OUT...VADL OUT...VADL OUT!! :P

I've lived in Dundee for a few years, and rarely meet or see fellow Jambos up here, other than a handful at the railway station on matchdays so assumed the reason there's no Dundee supporters club was that there aren't enough of us. Nice to know there's a few nearby!

we usually have a car of four. not so much fun for the driver when we hit the pub though, so we take the driving duty in turns each week.

if we make any cup semis or finals in future, we should organise a minibus for those days. run of the mill games eg. kilmarnock away in the league would be a struggle for numbers. i used to go on the perth and kinross bus for a while a few years back.

Another Dundee jambo here, every so often you see a few jambos about the uni. The idea of a supporters bus was mentioned before the start of the season but dont think there was enough interest .

There is no 'bad' Hearts supporter -- we are all blessed with an amazing foresight to know that when we were born that we were the chosen ones.

Some may participate more, some may watch us more, some will watch from afar but we are all Hearts supporters.

'WE LUCKY FEW'

I live in Dundee too, and have retained my season ticket, I believe there may be a couple more, so maybe we can start a bus! Funnily enough, if the opportunity lends itself, I also go to see Utd for a beer and a game, but feel nothing towards the team on the park.

I have asked this loads o times and recieved 1 reply so if your serious lets do it me8 there are loads o JAMBOS in Dundee, sick o getting the train throo "12.30 JAMBO ARMY" :):):)

alwaysthereinspirit
I think the fact that u moved away at a young age and grew up with not many if any hearts fans your age etc and yet u still made the effort to goto the games in dundee when some would have drifted from the flock maybe even became a supporter of 1 of the dundee teams :eek: counts for a lot although think you should of made the effort for the final! in conclusion id say dont worry about it and get to as many games as you can!

I disagree. The fact he let his parents take him away from Hearts makes him a total waster. Sure he was only 7 at the time but how long can that be used as an excuse for his failures. He must have had neighbours or relatives still living in Edinburgh that would have taken him in. He could have sabotaged the move quite easily. Let the tyres down in the moving truck, cut the brake lines. He just wasn't on the ball quick enough. Nope, for me he's a part timer and can never graduate to the feeling of pure pain that real Jambos feel. :P

scott herbertson
I disagree. The fact he let his parents take him away from Hearts makes him a total waster. Sure he was only 7 at the time but how long can that be used as an excuse for his failures. He must have had neighbours or relatives still living in Edinburgh that would have taken him in. He could have sabotaged the move quite easily. Let the tyres down in the moving truck, cut the brake lines. He just wasn't on the ball quick enough. Nope, for me he's a part timer and can never graduate to the feeling of pure pain that real Jambos feel. :P

True

It's only 40 miles from Dundee to Edinburgh - 4 hours each way on a bike, even for a 7 year old that's a breeze.....

No excuse really

Archived