Confidentiality Agreements

Jammy T

One of the biggest gripes of the last 3 years have been the departure of employees under a cloud and then silence

A fairly convincing argument was put forward by JKB experts that it is down to confidentiality agreements (later confirmed by said departing employees) and that it was entirely normal, nay standard, footballing practice for all employees to have to sign up.

Then Curbishley quotes and recites complete detail of what happened and why.

So this throws the experts argument back a notch.

West Ham fans know exactly where they stand

So are confidentiality agreements the norm or are they not?

And in any event, if breached what are the consequences?

Charlie-Brown

Confidentiality agreements are a standard part of SPL contracts and not specific to Hearts according to Stevie Frail on Talk-107 when he was studio guest pre-season.

lost in leith
One of the biggest gripes of the last 3 years have been the departure of employees under a cloud and then silence

A fairly convincing argument was put forward by JKB experts that it is down to confidentiality agreements (later confirmed by said departing employees) and that it was entirely normal, nay standard, footballing practice for all employees to have to sign up.

There are 2 different scenarios here.

1) Leaving 'by mutual consent' where part of the deal is that you get a pay off and released from your contract in return for keeping your gob shut. Pay off has to be returned if you breach the confidentiality agreement.

2) Resigning your post and leaving without a pay off. Pretty safe to speak your mind in less you say something defamatory, or there was something in your original contract about keeping your gob shut. Probably wise to keep quiet if you are thinking about suing for constructive dismissal too.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

TBH, he hasn't said much that Burley didn't say, although that was before he was fired.

I think all it shows is that Curbishley is reasonably confident he will get another job, so was Burley. Rix, Valdas, Frail etc. will never get another job as high profile as Hearts so it's much more of a risk for them to appear to be disloyal to future employers - they have more to lose. Of course, this is precisely what attracted Romanov to them in the first place.

Goldstone Wonder

I think there is a difference here. Curbishley has resigned citing a breach of trust/confidence. I think he's preparing a case for constructive dismissal. Burley was sacked was he not? As was Rix, Anderton etc.

john brownlee

You never bad mouth your pervious employer for the obvious reason your new employer will see this and think am I going to go throught this s**** if I sack him no way get real it happens even football lives in the real world sumtimes.

No Hearts manager /staff have ever said the Mr Romanov picks the teams by fax or any other means but some how everybody thinks it as fact

go on prove me wrong with pure down to earth quotes facts from the hourses mouth and not just paper talk and hearsay rumours Tell me a Hearts manager that has said that he did not pick the team. while he was in charge at Hearts.

And another thing has any ex manager actually ever said that there was a confidellity clause .

again prove me wrong with a proper quote from ex managers

No Hearts manager /staff have ever said the Mr Romanov picks the teams by fax or any other means but some how everybody thinks it as fact

go on prove me wrong with pure down to earth quotes facts from the hourses mouth and not just paper talk and hearsay rumours Tell me a Hearts manager that has said that he did not pick the team. while he was in charge at Hearts.

And another thing has any ex manager actually ever said that there was a confidellity clause .

:) That post makes me smile, it is an absolute belter, mental but a belter nonetheless.

You never bad mouth your pervious employer for the obvious reason your new employer will see this and think am I going to go throught this s**** if I sack him no way get real it happens even football lives in the real world sumtimes.

:Funny-Post:

That is indeed a belter.

Jam Tarts 1874
:) That post makes me smile, it is an absolute belter, mental but a belter nonetheless.

You slag off this poster, but don't bother to actually address his points. Why not? Perhaps because you can't. You numbwit!!!

What difference does it make to you why someone has left? Are you an old sweetie wife or what?

Why do you need to know the ins and outs?

What right do you think you have to know?

You slag off this poster, but don't bother to actually address his points. Why not? Perhaps because you can't. You numbwit!!!

What's a numbwit ?

There are 2 different scenarios here.

1) Leaving 'by mutual consent' where part of the deal is that you get a pay off and released from your contract in return for keeping your gob shut. Pay off has to be returned if you breach the confidentiality agreement.

2) Resigning your post and leaving without a pay off. Pretty safe to speak your mind in less you say something defamatory, or there was something in your original contract about keeping your gob shut. Probably wise to keep quiet if you are thinking about suing for constructive dismissal too.

Re 2 if you have a contract, you cannot (normally) simply resign it without the employer having a come-back. Only a stupid employer would allow you to swan off and say what you liked. Constructive dismissal is a separate ball game with no guarantee of winning so you would be wise to keep your mouth shut until a Hearing or mutual agreement.

championsleaguefan

Rix told the team he did not pick the team at Tannadice and that was the start of his down fall.

What difference does it make to you why someone has left? Are you an old sweetie wife or what?

I was bored and thought I'd see what peoples views were ;)

Although I would say, that as investors into an entity we have a right to know if it is being mismanaged / mis-owned or not

Not to know every little bit of detail

But if key employees are being undermined / sacked for no good reason and this is affecting the performance of what we are investing in, then we should get some sort of honest steer as to what is going on....

And, if there is nothing to hide, what's the problem?

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Romanov himself!

Sheriff Fatman
Although I would say, that as investors into an entity we have a right to know if it is being mismanaged / mis-owned or not?

Do you have shares? Because if you don't you are not an investor, you are a customer.

Guest JamboRobbo
Do you have shares? Because if you don't you are not an investor, you are a customer.

And if HMFC want to treat supporters as customers, then they can't really expect the loyalty a supporter would give when things are going badly (e.g. keep buying the product even when it's ****e). If HMFC want to encourage loyalty from customers, then giving the customer what he wants would be a good way to go about it.

For the record, I'm an investor.. :P

Sheriff Fatman
And if HMFC want to treat supporters as customers, then they can't really expect the loyalty a supporter would give when things are going badly (e.g. keep buying the product even when it's ****e). If HMFC want to encourage loyalty from customers, then giving the customer what he wants would be a good way to go about it.

For the record, I'm an investor.. :P

Yes, you are right that we as supporters are not your average customers, but still the vast majority of us are not investors like he stated.

Yes, you are right that we as supporters are not your average customers, but still the vast majority of us are not investors like he stated.

How do you know the basis upon which I stated it??

Investor of time, emotion and money.

Not investor as in shareholder....although I am sure shareholders have a much more valid right.

Archived