Uganda to sue Csaba

Andy.C

Just noticed at the bottom of the article in todays Scotsman that Uganda are still not giving up on getting compensation out of Shabba. Seems they want their money (despite having the cheek not to install Sky TV! :rolleyes:)

Article here:

Williamson begins his Uganda mission

? Previous ? PreviousNext ? Next ?View GalleryPublished Date: 03 September 2008

By STUART DARROCH

BOBBY Williamson, the former Kilmarnock and Hibernian manager who is now in charge of Uganda, faces the first of his must-win World Cup clashes on Sunday away to Niger. Williamson has been told he must get two victories in their next World Cup qualifiers to be awarded a two-year deal.

Williamson has been watching DVDs of his new side in action as he gets to know his squad. He said: "The players have been together for quite a long time. They have played the same side three times and that means they have extra knowledge of our opponents ? more than even me.

"I believe they should not find trouble getting the most important result. I know what every Cranes player can do and what they can not."

When Uganda played Niger in an Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in September last year, David Obua, now with Hearts, scored a hat-trick in their 3-1 win.

Meanwhile, Fufa, the Ugandan FA, has initiated legal proceedings against Williamson's predecessor, the Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo, alleging breach of contract. Fufa is seeking a sum of around ?110,000 in compensation following Laszlo's decision to leave for Tynecastle in July ? halfway through a four-year contract.

Laszlo believes he was entitled to walk away from Uganda as they had failed to meet all his contractual demands. In his resignation letter, the Tynecastle manager claimed Fufa had not provided a driver, satellite television and had also delayed paying his bills.

Fufa, however, claims Laszlo had agreed to the compensation fee if he walked out of his deal.

A Fufa spokesman said: "The defendant, Csaba, has, despite repeated demands, failed and neglected to pay the $200,000 as agreed between the parties."

Uganda High Court registrar Roy Byaruhanga has given the Hearts manager 15 days to file his defence.

Just noticed at the bottom of the article in todays Scotsman that Uganda are still not giving up on getting compensation out of Shabba. Seems they want their money (despite having the cheek not to install Sky TV! :rolleyes:)

Article here:

By STUART DARROCH

BOBBY Williamson, the former Kilmarnock and Hibernian manager who is now in charge of Uganda, faces the first of his must-win World Cup clashes on Sunday away to Niger. Williamson has been told he must get two victories in their next World Cup qualifiers to be awarded a two-year deal.

Williamson has been watching DVDs of his new side in action as he gets to know his squad. He said: "The players have been together for quite a long time. They have played the same side three times and that means they have extra knowledge of our opponents ? more than even me.

"I believe they should not find trouble getting the most important result. I know what every Cranes player can do and what they can not."

When Uganda played Niger in an Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in September last year, David Obua, now with Hearts, scored a hat-trick in their 3-1 win.

Meanwhile, Fufa, the Ugandan FA, has initiated legal proceedings against Williamson's predecessor, the Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo, alleging breach of contract. Fufa is seeking a sum of around ?110,000 in compensation following Laszlo's decision to leave for Tynecastle in July ? halfway through a four-year contract.

Laszlo believes he was entitled to walk away from Uganda as they had failed to meet all his contractual demands. In his resignation letter, the Tynecastle manager claimed Fufa had not provided a driver, satellite television and had also delayed paying his bills.

Fufa, however, claims Laszlo had agreed to the compensation fee if he walked out of his deal.

A Fufa spokesman said: "The defendant, Csaba, has, despite repeated demands, failed and neglected to pay the $200,000 as agreed between the parties."

Uganda High Court registrar Roy Byaruhanga has given the Hearts manager 15 days to file his defence.

When are we gonna see that!!!!

Article here:

By STUART DARROCH

Wouldnt you be a little grumpy if your organisation was A. Called FUFU and B. having to use Mr Blobby as a coach.

Article here:

By STUART DARROCH

Sounds like the kinda guy that sends me emails saying he wasnts to split $63 million with me and all he needs is my bank details.......

When are we gonna see that!!!!
Even Ugandans are wondering when they're going to see that again. The last time they played Niger Obua was pis poor. He clearly dipped in form. But then again there was no urgent need for him to do so. When he scored the hatrick, Nations cup qualification was on the line.

Even Ugandans are wondering when they're going to see that again. The last time they played Niger Obua was pis poor. He clearly dipped in form. But then again there was no urgent need for him to do so. When he scored the hatrick, Nations cup qualification was on the line.

Oh jings, could you not have mentioned that part a few weeks ago? ;)

Is he known to be lazy or is he just a wee tad inconsistent?

Archived