Pubs in Boston with Setanta

Gershwin

Anyone know of any? Ditching the bird on Saturday for the 10am kickoff but I don't know where I can watch the game.

Suspect Device
Anyone know of any? Ditching the bird on Saturday for the 10am kickoff but I don't know where I can watch the game.

try sending a pm to Boston Jambo ;)

Nelly Terraces

To carry on the the theme, I need to the whereabouts of a boozer in Chicago for the Scotland game on the 11th October, and in New York for the game versus the hobos on the 18th (someone suggested Nevada Smiths for Noo York, but any other suggestions gratfully received).

Cheers.

alwaysthereinspirit

Call the Irish Embassy on Friend St.

Right opposite the Boston Garden (Bruins/Celtics) and near Faneuil Hall.

If they're not showing it they'll know a pub that is. Dont go into Southie though whatever you do.

I will hopefully be watching the game in a bar called "phoenix landing" on Mass Avenue, in Cambridge..... its a two min walk from central station on the red line.

I called a few days ago to confirm they were playing the game, and they said they were 95% sure they were, but to call back on thursday or friday to confirm. I'll let you know if its definately on after I call.

I watched a lot of euro 2008 games there, and have caught a few premiership games there this season. There has always been a fair amount of people watching the games. I can PM you my number if you want to call me for directions.....

I will hopefully be watching the game in a bar called "phoenix landing" on Mass Avenue, in Cambridge..... its a two min walk from central station on the red line.

I called a few days ago to confirm they were playing the game, and they said they were 95% sure they were, but to call back on thursday or friday to confirm. I'll let you know if its definately on after I call.

I watched a lot of euro 2008 games there, and have caught a few premiership games there this season. There has always been a fair amount of people watching the games. I can PM you my number if you want to call me for directions.....

Great wee pub, easy to find too. Watched many a game over there, most notably the 2004 England v Portugal match and the Scotland v Germany qualifier in 2003.

Normally a cover charge.

Guys, can you do me a favour if you do go there and ask around for a chap who I promised to buy a Scotland top for 5 years ago at the Germany game (I was going to mail it over for him). Problem was I got p1shed and lost his contact details. He gave me 40 bucks to buy it!

If you could ask around and get his details if you get the chance, that would be much appreciated, ta. Just see if the above scenario jogs anybody's memory, can't remember the guy's name.

Great wee pub, easy to find too. Watched many a game over there, most notably the 2004 England v Portugal match and the Scotland v Germany qualifier in 2003.

Normally a cover charge.

Guys, can you do me a favour if you do go there and ask around for a chap who I promised to buy a Scotland top for 5 years ago at the Germany game (I was going to mail it over for him). Problem was I got p1shed and lost his contact details. He gave me 40 bucks to buy it!

If you could ask around and get his details if you get the chance, that would be much appreciated, ta. Just see if the above scenario jogs anybody's memory, can't remember the guy's name.

Yeah its easily the best bar around that I have found to watch the games. The only other alternative which I sometimes consider is a bar in brighton which a celtic supporters club meet. The only reason I go there is becasue they have setanta, and favor scottish games over english, whereas most other bars do the opposite.

If I bump into anyone looking for a scotland top I'll be sure to bring up your story :)

netherleejambo

I've heard that there's a decent sportsbar called Cheers - guy called Sam runs it and he's a real jambo.

I've heard that there's a decent sportsbar called Cheers - guy called Sam runs it and he's a real jambo.

**** that. Imagine trying to watch the game whilst Cliff is slavering away.

any chance anyone knows of any bars in the North Jersey area that will be open and showing the game?

By the way, is it not a 9AM kickoff?

Suspect Device

:flagwave:NORM !:food-smiley-004::jambobanana:

Archived