Alan Curbishley has left West Ham Utd

Praha06

Lost the dressing room apparently.

Reports of a player mutiny led by Lucas Neil and Craig Bellamy on Setanta News this morning.

alwaysthereinspirit

Reports of a player mutiny led by Lucas Neil and Craig Bellamy on Setanta News this morning.

Not Craig Bellamy surely?

newcastle?

Aye, maybe the Toon board have given up on persuading "King Kev" to forgive them and come back to the table.

Rednapp back to West Ham and Avram Grant tae Pompey!!

And thus the managerial merry-go-round begins.

:eek:

and they tell us we're in turmoil.

WTF is going on in English football.:eek:

this seems a strange one imo. Apparently curbs was not impressed with the sale of George Mcartney and Anton Ferdinand. It seems the Icelandic Owner maybe involved more than people think.

Were have we heard that one before ;)

Captain Canada

Think he resigned because Ferdinand and McCartney were allowed to leave against his wishes and Ljunberg was released. They also have a foreign director of football who influenced decisions. Basically he wasn't allowed to manage the way he's used to, just like Keegan and some managers at a well known Scottish club - can't think of their name at the moment!

Guest JamboRobbo

Sound like Setanta making stuff up . Lucas would never be involved in something like that.

Guest JamboRobbo
Never:rolleyes:

Feel free to state your case that he was involved. I'm basing what I said on having known the boy very well for about 10 years.

Feel free to state your case that he was involved. I'm basing what I said on having known the boy very well for about 10 years.

Okay...;)

loveofthegame

You are mates with Lucas Neill?! Care to elaborate

Engineered his move to West Ham based completely on cash knocking back Liverpool. Seems little shifty to me.

whats so funny mate?

Sorry, and yes you may call me mate, ;), I thought u were being facecious(sp) there, kudos to you if you know the guy, I just thought with the way he behaves on field at times that he may have the mischief factor in his make up.

:)

Guest JamboRobbo
Engineered his move to West Ham based completely on cash knocking back Liverpool. Seems little shifty to me.

fair enough, but thats money, not being disruptive in the dressing room. Nothing to be ashamed of in taking the most money on offer to do your job.

alwaysthereinspirit
Sound like Setanta making stuff up . Lucas would never be involved in something like that.

Didn't he sign for West Ham over Liverpool. Obviously playing for a team with at least a chance of winning something was not a huge factor in his wifes decision.

I P Knightley
Not Craig Bellamy surely?

Ha Ha!

How that wee scrote manages to get anyone to unite behind him in a revolt beats me.

Shame for Curbishley. He's a decent man.

fair enough, but thats money, not being disruptive in the dressing room. Nothing to be ashamed of in taking the most money on offer to do your job.

Just my opinion but seeing as you're round his gaff for tea every other night you'll know him better:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo
Just my opinion but seeing as you're round his gaff for tea every other night you'll know him better:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just my opinion, but shouldn't you be spending less time worrying about Liverpool or West Ham, and more time bemoaning your fellow jambos for not spilling enough blood for the cause?

Just my opinion, but shouldn't you be spending less time worrying about Liverpool or West Ham, and more time bemoaning your fellow jambos for not spilling enough blood for the cause?

Still biting on that? Ah well I'm sure your best buddie will keep you informed as to the true reasons he has been implicated as a Stewart/Scot Brown type:p

Guest JamboRobbo
Still biting on that?

Still biting on what? Are you suggesting that thread you posted about the Hearts supporters not spilling enough blood for the cause was a wind up?

Still biting on what? Are you suggesting that thread you posted about the Hearts supporters not spilling enough blood for the cause was a wind up?

Eh yes.................I was sitting at home rather ****ed with a hibs mate of mine and I decided to wind up some people on kickback. It worked.

Thanks.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Not exactly surprising.

He signed duds last year like Bellamy, Neill and Dyer all for big money only for them all to pick up injuries straight away.

West Ham have also recently started selling players without him wanting to let them go, so when you combine them both it is probably for the best that he leaves.

Ha Ha!

How that wee scrote manages to get anyone to unite behind him in a revolt beats me.

Shame for Curbishley. He's a decent man.[/quote

Maybe he's been swingin the famous golf club about again.

Shame for Curbs though, like you always thought he seemed a nice guy.

Seymour M Hersh

I don't think he did engineer anything. The dafty that took over at west ham offered some outrageous weekly wage (c?90k iirc) which was about ?40k above what Liverpool were offering.

I don't think he did engineer anything. The dafty that took over at west ham offered some outrageous weekly wage (c?90k iirc) which was about ?40k above what Liverpool were offering.

Yup thats about right i remember him being offered a ridiculous wage not sure on those figures tho.

Gee eh Liverpool for ?30k a week and may not get a game or ?60k a week with West Ham

TAXI !!

some folk need to cool hteir jets on here.. jeez!!! Its prob got nothing to do with any of the players and simply the fact the the owner has more of a say in team matters and who he wants to bring in etc. its common knowledge these days that this does happen not only at tynie but chelsea have had the same problem with shevchenko.

Look at newcastle now too. where the hell did that come from.

Any chance of an autograph from lucas?? ;)

At the time, it looked like it was a done deal that Neill would go to Anfield and then came the sale to West Ham with the player alleging that Rafa hadn't spoken to him making Lucas apparently feeling unwanted.

Rafa said this as nonsense and in the below link hints that Neill was a chancer - something that receives added weight when it turned out that West Ham were offering double the weekly wage than Liverpool (60k v 30k).

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/liverpool-boss-rafa-benitez-refutes-luca-55860.html

Personally, to me it showed a lack of ambition on Neill's part and somewhat of a lucky escape for Liverpool who in the end, didn't end up with someone who was clearly not ready to join a club of this magnitude (18 league titles and five European Cups before some Man Utd soft lad weighs in with the usual Theatre of Dreams nonsense).

At the time, it looked like it was a done deal that Neill would go to Anfield and then came the sale to West Ham with the player alleging that Rafa hadn't spoken to him making Lucas apparently feeling unwanted.

Rafa said this as nonsense and in the below link hints that Neill was a chancer - something that receives added weight when it turned out that West Ham were offering double the weekly wage than Liverpool (60k v 30k).

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/liverpool-boss-rafa-benitez-refutes-luca-55860.html

Personally, to me it showed a lack of ambition on Neill's part and somewhat of a lucky escape for Liverpool who in the end, didn't end up with someone who was clearly not ready to join a club of this magnitude (18 league titles and five European Cups before some Man Utd soft lad weighs in with the usual Theatre of Dreams nonsense).

Lack of ambition maybe but in the short life span of a footballer someone says to you eh before you goto that team for 30k a week are you interested in ours for eh 60k a week.

Im sure most players would have a think about it and see the retirement fund increase 100%. Im not saying all players would do it but i think alot would.

Just saw a bit of a Curbs interview on SSN.

Sounds VERY similar to what Romanov does(/did?) at Hearts. Curbishley with little control over players going in or out.

Eh yes.................I was sitting at home rather ****ed with a hibs mate of mine and I decided to wind up some people on kickback. It worked.

Thanks.

I am personally getting a bit hacked off with the many pesonal vendettas that are clogging up threads.

Can I suggest that the pair of you bitch via PM's and give the rest of us a bit of peace.

If you want to go on the wind up can I suggest that it may be better not to tell all on JKB that this is what you are up to as I am sure the mods will take notice of this and take the appropriate action.

before I forget. I think that Alan Curbishley is a very good manager who will only be out of work for an extended time if that is his choice. If he wants to get back quickly I am sure it won't be long before various positions become available.

Lack of ambition maybe but in the short life span of a footballer someone says to you eh before you goto that team for 30k a week are you interested in ours for eh 60k a week.

Im sure most players would have a think about it and see the retirement fund increase 100%. Im not saying all players would do it but i think alot would.

You would hope that in Neill's case, he doesn't squander the retirement fund as many of his ilk have. After all, say for argument's sake that Liverpool had not lost the 2007 European Cup Final to Milan. Neill would probably have been part of that team had he joined. If his pension fund was blown in later years, that medal might well have been a nice little life-saver to auction off.

All hypothetical of course as events turned out different but I'll wager that when watching that Liverpool v Milan final, something would have been gnawing away at Neill that he could and should have been playing in that match and will probably never get that chance again.

Archived