Stewart is called up

Machiavelli

Mikey Stewart has been called into the Scotland squad for Macedonia & Iceland following Kev Thomson, Clum davidson and Kev mcnaughton pulling out due to injury. Good news!

I think Stew is one of these players that needs to keep playing as he can lack consistency so this is a good thing imo. Though of course I hope he doesn't get injured.

Great, just what we need.

Not one but two of our more important players being dragged all over Europe with no chance of getting a game.

Not one but two of our more important players being dragged all over Europe with no chance of getting a game.

Or two of our most important players gaining international experience and having a chance to stake a claim for a starting position???

Who says jkb is full of pessimists eh?

You serious? As mentioned before, if it keeps him ticking over then good. Also, IF he manages to force his way in then thats good too. The only problem is if he gets injured. Posts like yours really are a waste of space.

Guest Dipped Flake

Great news for Stewart. Doubt he will get a game but at least he can see his performances are being recognised. Just hope he remembers a hat for the subs bench as the latest forecast is 100 degrees for Saturday afternoon there. (38C for you youngsters)

It's encouraging to see our players get back on the fringes of the Scotland squad. Seems like a long time ago when we had 4 players regularly making the first 11.

Great news for Stewart. Doubt he will get a game but at least he can see his performances are being recognised. Just hope he remembers a hat for the subs bench as the latest forecast is 100 degrees for Saturday afternoon there. (38C for you youngsters)

He better mind his sun screen then with that strawberry blonde barnet and freckly skin of his!

alwaysthereinspirit

Couldn't agree less. Would you rather we had players in the squad not good enough to be in their national team. There's just no pleasing people. :sad:

Couldn't agree less. Would you rather we had players in the squad not good enough to be in their national team. There's just no pleasing people. :sad:

I'm delighted for them/the club that we have players in the squad.

But, going on past history, I guarantee that Broadfoot will get the nod ahead of Berra if there's a defensive place to be filled.

Or two of our most important players gaining international experience and having a chance to stake a claim for a starting position???

Who says jkb is full of pessimists eh?

Burleys had plenty chances in the recent pointless friendlies to play Berra but he's rather played the likes of Dailly.

Can't see there being any chance what so ever of him playing in either the two coming qualifiers.

I can see stewart coming on as a late sub in one or both of the games. I just hope we are not already 3-0 down and it's a waste of time.

Mikey Stewart has been called into the Scotland squad for Macedonia & Iceland following Kev Thomson, Clum davidson and Kev mcnaughton pulling out due to injury. Good news!

Oh well........i'm sure he's delighted to be 4th pick out of those players!

Burleys had plenty chances in the recent pointless friendlies to play Berra but he's rather played the likes of Dailly.

Can't see there being any chance what so ever of him playing in either the two coming qualifiers.

He may not but I said he would have the chance to stake a claim, which he will. Surely the more squads he makes the sooner he will establish himself as a starter. (davie weir will be drawing his pension soon)

Archived