Just been on 5live re the Newcastle situation

Goldstone Wonder

Goldstone Wonder

So I'm sitting at my desk working from home when my mobile phone goes off. Turns out it's a researcher from 5live wondering if I can go on the Victoria Derbyshire programme to discuss whether Newcastle is the most unmanageable club in Britain. They got my number because I sent a text to Nicky Campbell a few months ago saying was I was a Hearts fan amongst other things.

They wanted me to compare the situation between Newcastle and Hearts. My view was that Hearts are unmanageable in the way that Ferguson, Wenger and co manage their clubs and the old style Shankly/Stein way of managing but that it could work if you got someone like Csaba who can work within the continental system, and can work with Vlad*. I explained how we hadn't been managed for two years until Csaba came along and the results were pretty disastrous.

Quite an interesting experience. Not sure if I was tabloidy enough for them, though.

*valid at time of going to press.

So I'm sitting at my desk working from home when my mobile phone goes off. Turns out it's a researcher from 5live wondering if I can go on the Victoria Derbyshire programme to discuss whether Newcastle is the most unmanageable club in Britain. They got my number because I sent a text to Nicky Campbell a few months ago saying was I was a Hearts fan amongst other things.

They wanted me to compare the situation between Newcastle and Hearts. My view was that Hearts are unmanageable in the way that Ferguson, Wenger and co manage their clubs and the old style Shankly/Stein way of managing but that it could work if you got someone like Csaba who can work within the continental system, and can work with Vlad*. I explained how we hadn't been managed for two years until Csaba came along and the results were pretty disastrous.

Quite an interesting experience. Not sure if I was tabloidy enough for them, though.

It's 5Live , not Talkspurt , so you should be OK.

PS I agree with your comments.

Just heard you in the car on the way here. My missus and I were having a bet on how long it would be before a Jambo was on given that the topic was "Are Newcastle Britain's most unmanageable club" Thought you were very good - came across as intelligent and measured in your thoughts on Hearts. I was pleased you werent tabloidy. Assume from your comments that you are a mate of interista !

Well done that man

GC

JAMBOn_et_fromage

Fan in 'articulating views of majority of Hearts supporters without undue negative/positive spin' shock!

Well done that man

Goldstone Wonder
Assume from your comments that you are a mate of interista !

Correct! Thought I'd give him a plug even though he's away on holiday at the moment.

Did you tell them that Rangers are the most un-manageable club in the UK - what with players being sold behind the managers back?

At least it's not been that bad at Hearts - we only get players in that the manager doesn't want :-)

Archived