Working in Banks

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Is it any good?

I'm aware a few folk on here work in banks so would appreciate some feedback.

Been in America all summer and I've now got the travel bug so the plan is to save for a year or two then go around the world.

Looking at jobs in Edinburgh for a male in his early 20's ... there is nothing that catches the eye!

Heard good things about the bank though so I'm definitely considering it at the moment.

Anyway, any advice is appreciated guys.

chester copperpot
Is it any good?

Been in America all summer and I've now got the travel bug so the plan is to save for a year or two then go around the world.

Looking at jobs in Edinburgh for a male in his early 20's ... there is nothing that catches the eye!

Heard good things about the bank though so I'm definitely considering it at the moment.

I work for a large retail bank and love it.

Depends on what you do in your job I suppose.

tommythejambo

Had a job temping at the RBS at the Gyle last summer and really enjoyed it.

Pay was okay and banter was good (that would be entirely down to the office you were in though).

I work in a branch in town and hate it. It's amazing how much of the general population are erseholes.

I worked in a branch of a major bank for 4 years, I left 4 years ago and it was the best thing I ever did. Everyone hates banks and having worked for one it is no surprise they do, my bosses were the biggest imbeciles I have ever met.

Loving my current job and have never ever looked back.

:)

I work in a branch in town and hate it. It's amazing how much of the general population are erseholes.

worked serving the public for 5 odd years and i'd never fancy doing it again!

I worked in a branch of a major bank for 4 years, I left 4 years ago and it was the best thing I ever did. Everyone hates banks and having worked for one it is no surprise they do, my bosses were the biggest imbeciles I have ever met.

Loving my current job and have never ever looked back.

:)

What is it you do now mate? I can't see me lasting much longer!

I was an Asst. Branch Manager of a Bank of Scotland branch.

It was horrendous.

Was ok when it was BoS but when it became HBoS it was truly awful. A disgusting company in every respect.

it depends very much on the dept within the bank. call centres or high volume processing areas seem like Hell, and have very low job satisfaction. more techy roles or the generic 'analyst' roles are much better.

Malinga the Swinga

I have done 28 years for the one bank. Started in branches, good at first but got worse over years, moved to call centre, braindead work, moved to complaints, that is a right good laugh if you can handle abuse, and now in IT.

There are better places no doubt, but there are also a lot worse methinks.

Actually 28 years in one organisation, I could have committed murder and been out by now.

Working in a bank is disgusting and is for people who have given up on life.

If you need to make a bit of money though you might as well.

That's the exact wording from the RBS graduate recruitment site :P

chester copperpot

Great mate, you obviously know everything about everything in life.

Is it any good?

All I can say is that I really enjoy my job working for a major American investment bank. If you have a finance or economics related degree or qualification and maintain an interest in the industry, it can be very enjoyable indeed. I've had some excellent personal development and corporate social responsibility opportunities with the company I work for too and if you do well the promotion prospects are there.

....all that and I haven't given up on life;)

I work for a large retail bank and love it.

Depends on what you do in your job I suppose.

i would love it also if i was doing your job ........

chester copperpot
i would love it also if i was doing your job ........

I dont do the same job as I used to when I used to manage you mate.

Got bigger and better fish to fry now. Arseholes like yourself used to make my job a drag. ;)

Never worked in a bank but would love to have been a teller in the 60s or 70s. I rarely visit banks but when I do I am p**sed-off by someone greeting me and asking me what I want to do in the bank that day. Get that person to deal with me please. If this happens at all the few remaining branches then they are grossly overstaffed.

You are all a bunch of bankers!

ArmiyaRomanova

Actually 28 years in one organisation, I could have committed murder and been out by now.

I can see the recruitment posters now...

BANKING - A LIFE SENTENCE!

Archived