Ashley/Romanov

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Interesting that after the Keegan fiasco this morning the Newcastle fans seem, almost as one and despite knowing none of the facts, to be taking Keegan's side and are already heavily criticising Mike Ashley.

Similarly, Man City fans were almost united in their support of Eriksson and their condemnation of Sinawatra (which probably contributed, among other things obviously, to the club's sale this week).

Without covering the same old ground, why do people think there was no dissent from Hearts fans after George Burley met the same fate. I don't mean the subsequent trawling over it on JKB over trhe past three years, I'm talking about immediate reaction among fans on here, at the ground, in the pubs etc. immediately after the event.

Why do you think we reacted in a way that was different to the way the fans of other teams are reacting (i.e taking a reactionary stand with the manager)?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The rumours were rife, Romanov had just 'saved us', we were signing players of an unrecognised calibre.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
The rumours were rife, Romanov had just 'saved us', we were signing players of an unrecognised calibre.

True, true. So were Man City though.

It just seems bizarre to me. I see posts on here all the time claiming we actually have a support that is more reactionary and less grateful to our owner than the fans of every other team. The evidence seems to suggest we gave Romanov an easier time than most other fans would have.

Interesting that after the Keegan fiasco this morning the Newcastle fans seem, almost as one and despite knowing none of the facts, to be taking Keegan's side and are already heavily criticising Mike Ashley.

Similarly, Man City fans were almost united in their support of Eriksson and their condemnation of Sinawatra (which probably contributed, among other things obviously, to the club's sale this week).

Without covering the same old ground, why do people think there was no dissent from Hearts fans after George Burley met the same fate. I don't mean the subsequent trawling over it on JKB over trhe past three years, I'm talking about immediate reaction among fans on here, at the ground, in the pubs etc. immediately after the event.

Why do you think we reacted in a way that was different to the way the fans of other teams are reacting (i.e taking a reactionary stand with the manager)?

Because there are too many Hearts fans who ACTUALLY believe Madfud is doing a good job!!

Burley was not the man...SP was a bad influence...Steve Banks can't be trusted!!

TBH mate if Madfud had Csaba and Berra Shot, most of our support would moan on the internet about it, then run out to buy season tickets when the P**** told them "They ver vorking against HMFC, It vas the Mafia/Medias fault!!"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Awesome.

Posts like this are ruining this board, IMO. You're a clown, pal.

It just seems bizarre to me. I see posts on here all the time claiming we actually have a support that is more reactionary and less grateful to our owner than the fans of every other team. The evidence seems to suggest we gave Romanov an easier time than most other fans would have.

Don't get me wrong, I've been dissapointed with how easy Romanov has had it and didn't renew due to that. With the Burley thing I just think it was a bit early to judge, unfortunately!

Chad Sexington

Out of order.

:sad:

Basically, I think that the fans were sick of protesting, we'd been protesting for a couple of years to oust the Pieman.

People were just about willing to give Romanov the benefit of the doubt re Burleys sacking and see what he did from there on in.

I think if we'd known then what we know now then he wouldn't have got away with it quite so easily as he did.

Couldn't see Romanov getting away with sacking Csaba if he continues to impress.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Basically, I think that the fans were sick of protesting, we'd been protesting for a couple of years to oust the Pieman.

People were just about willing to give Romanov the benefit of the doubt re Burleys sacking and see what he did from there on in.

I think if we'd known then what we know now then he wouldn't have got away with it quite so easily as he did.

Couldn't see Romanov getting away with sacking Csaba if he continues to impress.

The "sick of protesting" bit is bang on. I hadn't considered that.

Also, we were top of the league. Perversely, there would probably have been more of a protest if we were third.

Chad Sexington
The "sick of protesting" bit is bang on. I hadn't considered that.

Also, we were top of the league. Perversely, there would probably have been more of a protest if we were third.

I think a lot of us believed what we wanted to believe, which of course was wrong but understandable.

Vlad had brought us so much excitement and good times so quickly, he must be doing it for the good of the club.

Of course then we all realised he was actually off his head.

:rolleyes:

I think a lot of us believed what we wanted to believe, which of course was wrong but understandable.

Vlad had brought us so much excitement and good times so quickly, he must be doing it for the good of the club.

Of course then we all realised he was actually off his head.

:rolleyes:

Unbelievably, some on here would disagree with that. :sad:

i think its a bit of fear to be honest.

with english clubs lke man city and newcastle the fans realize that as a buisness their clubs are pretty strong theirs plenty of money in that league and if one owner got fed up and left another would step in, becaus they know they can make the money

with us, vlad bought us as a hobby he aint ever making that money back quickly,( will take him years) so if he gets ****ed off and decides he has had enough the doors shut...and he would do it out f spite i think most people would agree wae that.

Man City, Newcastle- for them there will always be another white knight ready to takeover if they get fed up of their current owner.

Us Hearts fans just don't have that privelidge.

The thing is rightly or wrongly even when the fans unite to protest it makes little difference.

At the end of the day Eriksson went. Yes the fans showed their displeasure however it made no difference.

The Newcastle fans may unite, but the likelihood is that Keegan will leave and the board and owners will do as they please.

Most owners are successful businessmen who have made their fortune by being single minded and ruthless. They are also thick skinned and believe that they know what is best.

In addition football fans are fickle and often reactionary e.g. many fans only react when the results are bad. Win and the protesting reduces.

Without a common sustained message, through thick and thin, protests loose their strength.

Would Save Our Hearts have been successful without Romanovs intervention, who knows, the likelihood is that the Pieman would have ploughed on with his plans despite the majority of the fans dissent. Save Our Hearts mobilised the fans behind one single cause, the problem is the majority of fans aren't influential or affluent enough to make a difference, despite what we might like to think.

I think many of us were willing to go with it as the list of names being touted as a replacement were too good to be true. We actually spoke to the likes of Ranieri and Robson. Under the pie man that would have been unimaginable. The fact that we ended up with Rix signalled the first real signs of discontent.

At the end of the day, who knows how good Burley would have been. I mean he has just selected Broadfoot for the Scotland squad!!:eek:

Broxburn Jambo

Wher were we going to go? Vlad was and still is the only show in town, all we were doing was being honest about the situation.

There was only a sniff of interference at Liverpool with Benitez and their fans were up in arms immediately

I think there is an element of this down to the fact that EPL teams fans can be relatively confident of buy outs and new investors in their teams if it came to the crunch

Its interesting listening to Talk Sport down here on the issue. Its like listening about Hearts around the Burley / Anderton all over again

The sad thing is that the fact this is happening to clubs in the EPL will allow a number of fans to defend Romanov's dictatorial actions, to justify them. The problem is that this doesnt justify the actions, it just shows that he is not alone in ruining football clubs. That's nothing to defend or justify in my book.

Wher were we going to go? Vlad was and still is the only show in town, all we were doing was being honest about the situation.

I dont think this is true

I do believe that he has been sniffed around earlier this year as to a takeover (not by a hobo plumber!)

If Vlad indicated a willingness to sell I could practically guarantee there would be at least one if not two willing potential buyers. No information as such, but I genuinely believe that to be the case

I think many of us were willing to go with it as the list of names being touted as a replacement were too good to be true. We actually spoke to the likes of Ranieri and Robson. Under the pie man that would have been unimaginable. The fact that we ended up with Rix signalled the first real signs of discontent.

I think that is a very good point.

I agree with the points that we were riding on the crest of a Romanov-induced wave and were also battle weary from the Pieman/Murrayfield scenario.

But I think one of the main reasons was that Burley had just left Derby under a serious cloud and the same rumours were doing the rounds again.

I also agree that if the same thing happened again, now that we know what's happened since, there would be outright mutiny.

I also agree that if the same thing happened again, now that we know what's happened since, there would be outright mutiny.

Do you think?

I genuinely think it would take receivership / administration / banruptcy etc for there to be outright mutiny.

I P Knightley
Do you think?

I genuinely think it would take receivership / administration / banruptcy etc for there to be outright mutiny.

I agree.

True, there may be fans' mutiny should we get half-way through the season, find ourselves in the top 2 and see Csaba get the boot. However, I think it would be pretty toothless as many fans realise taht Vlad has the club by the short and curlies and has shown that he can get away with whatever he likes - and will still have some supporters among the fans.

I agree.

True, there may be fans' mutiny should we get half-way through the season, find ourselves in the top 2 and see Csaba get the boot. However, I think it would be pretty toothless as many fans realise taht Vlad has the club by the short and curlies and has shown that he can get away with whatever he likes - and will still have some supporters among the fans.

A healthy chunk of fans would believe the smear that would be spread re Csaba

A healthy chunk would allow for another 6 or 7 months for another manager search

A healthy chunk would argue Arturas deserves time in the interim manager role

etc etc ;)

Do you think?

True - a big element of the support still believe in Romanov even now, in spite of everything.

I genuinely think he could take us into administration and certain kickbackers would still be sticking up for him.

Frankenstein Jambo.

We can't protest because if we ****ed off ramanov and he decides to ditch us and claim his money back we would be in serious trouble....

where-as man city and newcastle United are huge buisnesses and wouldn't find any problems getting new owners in.

I have said before and in fact many times the reason some people behave the way they do towards Vlad, even in the face of such mind boggling stupidity which at times verges on deliberate sabotage.

Most Hearts fans in the main, are, quite rightly, scared to death of Romanov, and what he might do if they show any dissent towards them. Because after all he is underwriting everything and any show of insobordination and it could be, bye bye Hearts. So i think because of that most folk just prefer to accept the shafting he periodically dishes out and try their best to get used to it :sad:

Other clubs do not have this worry. Ashley is becoming almost as big a laughing stock as Romanov yet Newcastle are still an attractive club to buy and a good business oipportunity for someone with money.

There is also a different mentality in other countries i think.

If Romanov had taken over an Italian club for example, and tried on all of his nonsense, his car would probably have been set on fire by now and his offices smashed up! :eek:

Because fans over there are mad about their clubs and wont have anyone dicking about with it. The Hearts fans are too, just in a different way i think.

Whenever any big story, good or bad, breaks at Saint James' Park we always see coverage of hordes of Geordies assembling at the Stadium to make their feelings known.

Having spent some time on Tyneside I'd say there are two main reasons for this.

Firstly Saint James' Park is in a very central position in the city centre and easy to get to

Secondly there are an awful lot of Geordies with way too much free time on their hands during the daytime.

Commander Harris

I think the primary difference is that Keegan is regarded as the messiah in Newcastle, the fans are always going to side with him regardless of circumstances.

you could say that at that time in Hearts history it was Romanov, not Burley, that was regarded as the messiah, so it's not surprising a lot of supporters were willing to side with him.

Archived